Request for lossless Chain Gang edit

Skylarker

Pollyanna
Yo peeps I'm trying to find Chain Gang in FLAC but the version without the muzak intro or the fake audience intro. I have it in 320 but I do not recall the source.

Skylarker

Pollyanna
The official 320 edit was via myself and IR had made a fan edit at the time too.
Thanks for the FLAC.
Regards,
FWD.
Since you're way smarter than me about this stuff isn't there a way to find out if something is truly lossless as contrasted with, say, a lossy source that's been re-encoded?

I've noticed that most FLAC files of average length songs are somewhere around 25 to 28 megs (whereas a 320 mp3 of the same is roughly 10 or 11.) So if someone were to take an mp3 and re-encode it would the resulting FLAC file size be smaller, theoretically, since the source itself was smaller than the info found on a CD?

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
Last edited:

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
Since you're way smarter than me about this stuff isn't there a way to find out if something is truly lossless as contrasted with, say, a lossy source that's been re-encoded

I've noticed that most FLAC files of average length songs are somewhere around 25 to 28 megs (whereas a 320 mp3 of the same is roughly 10 or 11.) So if someone were to take an mp3 and re-encode it would the resulting FLAC file size be smaller, theoretically, since the source itself was smaller than the info found on a CD?
Software like Audacity lets you encode pretty much how you want - so any initial source size can be misleading.
You'll see a lot of so called "upscaling" of 320 to FLAC or the usual dodgy low source mp3 re-encoded to 320.
It does nothing and is pointless - just a waste of memory space.
The best way around official stuff being messed with is to buy it - or look for sites where some of us strive to provide clear sources :)
FWD.

Skylarker

Pollyanna
Software like Audacity lets you encode pretty much how you want - so any initial source size can be misleading.
You'll see a lot of so called "upscaling" of 320 to FLAC or the usual dodgy low source mp3 re-encoded to 320.
It does nothing and is pointless - just a waste of memory space.
The best way around official stuff being messed with is to buy it - or look for sites where some of us strive to provide clear sources :)
FWD.
Yeah. Agreed. About a year/year and a half ago I started rebuying everything I used to have, and buying new releases in physical form (CD, not vinyl..I hate vinyl.)

BlockFi
Top Bottom