Request : This Charmin Man (Inst) live

famouswhendead

I'm looking for the instrumental version of This Charming Man, found years ago, on a bootleg called "college heroes". If anyone (FamousWhenDead ?) can help me ! Thanks in advance

The Smiths - "College Heroes '83" Westfield College, London 17/11/83 (poor, yet listenable, audience recording)

01. Handsome Devil

02. Still Ill

03. This Charming Man

04. Pretty Girls Make Graves

05. This Night Has Opened My Eyes

06. What Difference Does It Make?

07. Hand In Glove

08. Reel Around The Fountain

09. Miserable Lie

10. Accept Yourself

11. This Charming Man

12. You've Got Everything Now

Edge Hill College, Ormskirk, Liverpool 18/11/83

13. Wonderful Woman

14. Reel Around The Fountain

15. This Charming Man (instrumental)

"College Heroes '83" (73.1 MB)

I'm looking for the instrumental version of This Charming Man, found years ago, on a bootleg called "college heroes". If anyone (FamousWhenDead ?) can help me ! Thanks in advance

The Smiths - "College Heroes '83" Westfield College, London 17/11/83 (poor, yet listenable, audience recording)

01. Handsome Devil

02. Still Ill

03. This Charming Man

07. Hand In Glove

09. Miserable Lie

10. Accept Yourself

11. This Charming Man

13. Wonderful Woman

Odd one.
It was played twice at Ormskirk that night and both had lyrics.
I will go dig out the bootleg details - unless you have more info?
I have FLACs of both the gigs on the boot, but no instrumental (soundcheck?).
Regards,
Other you.

OK...
PJLM:
"College Heroes". The latter title is paired with two songs from 18 November 1983 and an instrumental of "This Charming Man" from an unknown source (definitely not 3 March 1984)."
:)
FWD.

The more funny thing is that .... i created this bootleg some years ago. I made the transfer tape onto cd and on the tape, i had this instrumental version.
And now, i can't find it anywhere and my cd bootleg won't work!
Anyway, thanks for trying Famous I
The old link i copy on the topic is from solo years ago

The more funny thing is that .... i created this bootleg some years ago. I made the transfer tape onto cd and on the tape, i had this instrumental version.
And now, i can't find it anywhere and my cd bootleg won't work!
Anyway, thanks for trying Famous I
The old link i copy on the topic is from solo years ago
Other boot info I can find says:
LONDON King’s College 28.10.83 is the source for TCM, but it must be a soundcheck as I have that gig and it's not instrumental on the night.
Curious.
Regards,
FWD.

Are you sure the instrumental version was live? I ask because (a) there were a number of remixes of the track done at the time which appeared on various releases, one of which might have been instrumental (I can't remember exactly,) and (b) the multitrack stems for TCM have been floating around the interweb for ages, meaning someone could easily cook their own version.

I think the bootleg (CD) pre-dates the stems from the computer game?
@drifter posted about this bootleg - they might know as it was on their old (missed) site.
Will dig through my collection tonight and have a rummage.
Regards,
FWD.

Yes, i'm sure it was live (public scream before & after the song). Not soundcheck
This is the only instrumental version (which is the one Passions says it isn't!).
that is said to exist:

https://we.tl/t-vwaBlVIkpP

This was from Dundee '84 - Morrissey left the stage as there were some rowdy types causing an issue - so played instruments only. Then to play it in full thereafter.
Have a listen and see if it matches up with what you remember.
Regards,
FWD.

01. Handsome Devil

02. Still Ill

03. This Charming Man

07. Hand In Glove

09. Miserable Lie

10. Accept Yourself

11. This Charming Man

13. Wonderful Woman

Thanks for the laugh @famouswhendead. I saw your heading to this thread "This Charmin Man" and thought for a second how strange it is to get into the toilet paper Moz uses. :lbf:

37000610748.jpg

Thank you very much Famous.
I can't remember if it's the same or not.
That's stupid. Can't think of this during 10 years and now i've lost it, it miss me :)
Here is the prouf i made the CD 20 years ago
Front2.jpg

Thank you very much Famous.
I can't remember if it's the same or not.
That's stupid. Can't think of this during 10 years and now i've lost it, it miss me :)
Here is the prouf i made the CD 20 years ago
Front2.jpg
I remember the cover - PJLM actually use it on their site.
There are a lot of undocumented gigs/missing setlists - maybe 115 performances of the track and about 90 well documented... I'm guessing this is not a one off track plucked out of the air, so probably Dundee - someone will know.
That reminds me: I have a box of unlabelled CDs and tapes that I'm dreading going through at some point - I will keep looking.
Regards,
FWD.

Thanks for the laugh @famouswhendead. I saw your heading to this thread "This Charmin Man" and thought for a second how strange it is to get into the toilet paper Moz uses. :lbf:

37000610748.jpg
Skinny, is it signed by Morrissey with certificate of authenticity?
Mint condition is ideal.
Unused and unopened is preferred.
Otherwise buy at own risk!

Back
Top Bottom