Request: tracks from Playboys reissue EMI promo CDr (2013)

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
A bit of a specific request here.
Action Is My Middle Name and The Kid's A Looker both got digital releases, but People... is only available via vinyl or radio/iplayer rips.
Would any kind CD collector rip tracks 2-4 at the highest bit rate they'd care to share?
This would give us an upgraded version of People... and in digital form.
It would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
FWD.

Promo looks like this:
R-6401001-1431900562-3386.jpeg.jpg
R-6401001-1431900563-5893.jpeg.jpg

A bit of a specific request here.
Action Is My Middle Name and The Kid's A Looker both got digital releases, but People... is only available via vinyl or radio/iplayer rips.
Would any kind CD collector rip tracks 2-4 at the highest bit rate they'd care to share?
This would give us an upgraded version of People... and in digital form.
It would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
FWD.

Promo looks like this:
View attachment 54146 View attachment 54147

Jesus Christ; 111 bucks on Discogs. I'd have to sell a lot of ice cream! Any idea where the currently available rips of those Janice Long tracks came from? I remember Viva PMing me Action, but it was awhile ago so I could be wrong. But I think so.

FWD, do you have a copy of action is my middle name? You said there was a digital release of it? I've only seen a video of it previously.

Thank-you!

Jesus Christ; 111 bucks on Discogs. I'd have to sell a lot of ice cream! Any idea where the currently available rips of those Janice Long tracks came from? I remember Viva PMing me Action, but it was awhile ago so I could be wrong. But I think so.
I believe they were ripped/rippable from iPlayer at the time.
There's an unseeded stream of it (AAC) on ST too via DavidA - who posted it here in 2011.
Viva also shared a version ripped by them via Audacity at the same time, plus several other people: here
I recorded some of the subsequent Janice stuff myself for sharing here, but this one escaped me - then saw all 3 on this promo when reminded by the request for the track and thought - upgrade!
Here's hoping.
Regards,
FWD.

FWD, do you have a copy of action is my middle name? You said there was a digital release of it? I've only seen a video of it previously.

Thank-you!
The video you refer to is the version of it via Dublin.
Excuse the cut and paste from myself elsewhere:
2 "studio" versions exist:
1. Studio in Session - recorded at Temple Lane Studios in Dublin, Ireland.
The show was aired on 20 November, 2011 on The Sundance Channel in Canada. - found on 25 Live.
2. The Janice Long Show - Maida Vale, June 2011 - found on Internet recordings and B-side of Playboys release (referred to as the 'BBC live' version).

The digital versions are all from Janice Long and are live in studio.
I have just ripped this for you with my own fair hand:

https://we.tl/t-xFokbkGiLD

Action Is My Middle Name - 320kbps MP3.
Source:
Playboys CD reissue EMI, 2013 via WMP.
I can Exact Audio Copy a FLAC if required.
Enjoy,
Regards,
FWD.

I believe they were ripped/rippable from iPlayer at the time. There's an unseeded stream of it (AAC) on ST too via DavidA - who posted it here in 2011. Viva also shared a version ripped by them via Audacity at the same time, plus several others: here
I recorded some of the subsequent Janice stuff myself for sharing here, but this one escaped me - then saw all 3 on this promo when reminded by the request for the track and thought - upgrade!
Here's hoping.
Regards,
FWD.

Released studio track ‘Safe, Warm Lancashire Home’ doesn’t seem to have a digital version either or does it (?) as well as a number of released live songs which only appeared on vinyl.

The video you refer to is the version of it via Dublin.
Excuse the cut and paste from myself elsewhere:
2 "studio" versions exist:
1. Studio in Session - recorded at Temple Lane Studios in Dublin, Ireland.
The show was aired on 20 November, 2011 on The Sundance Channel in Canada. - found on 25 Live.
2. The Janice Long Show - Maida Vale, June 2011 - found on Internet recordings and B-side of Playboys release (referred to as the 'BBC live' version).

The digital versions are all from Janice Long and are live in studio.
I have just ripped this for you with my own fair hand:

https://we.tl/t-xFokbkGiLD

Action Is My Middle Name - 320kbps MP3.
Source:
Playboys CD reissue EMI, 2013 via WMP.
I can Exact Audio Copy a FLAC if required.
Enjoy,
Regards,
FWD.

Please re; FLAC, thanks.

It’s very nice to search yourself and find how often people are talking about you when you’re not aware! :tongueout:

I don't normally do this but...
BUMP

Still keen for a kind person to rip a copy as per the OP.
Thanks in advance.
FWD.

Thanks a lot, noticed there's one on discogs, was close to buying it (though extremely expensive ) but noticed the seller doesnt ship to my place

Back
Top Bottom