Rev Richard Coles (ex-Communards) - "The song I can no longer listen to"

‘No Jacket Required would be the soundtrack of hell’: the Rev Richard Coles’s honest playlist - The Guardian
The former Communard says he knows every word to Jesus Christ Superstar – what else does he listen to away from the pulpit?

Excerpt:

The song I can no longer listen to
This Charming Man. Much as I like the song, Morrissey has ceased to be charming for me.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard Coles is a nice person. I’m a massive Morrissey fan , but you have to respect others people’s views. I know he lost his husband a while back. Really sorry for that to have happen to him. Always nice to see him on tv.
"but you have to respect others people’s views"... Unless they're Morrissey's views, right? The good Rev doesn't seem to apply that standard to others, why should it be applied to him?

560559f39dd7cc18008bd064.png

He says, "Ignore that Church of England gobshite - listen to Morrissey every day, he's a good Catholic boy. And stop bothering me with this f***ing trivial bullshit, you tit!"

You sad cretin. Richard lost his husband barely a year ago.
OK. And what the f*** has that got to do with anything we are talking about?

Also, I don't know him and he doesn't know me. And he isn't here. So...free speech, motherf***er.

99% of the people who publicly denounce Morrissey, whether right or wrong, are people I have never heard of. This shit was old the first time it happened. It's ancient at this point.

I'm not sure Morrissey has ever been that charming. He's been stirring the shit since he was writing letters to the NME and MM in the 70's. He got a real platform in the 80's and put the pedal to the floor. He's softened of late and taken back many of his attacks. Now he has a new agenda that is stirring up different shit.

The difference is he is now being "uncharming" about things that people get offended over. It's just moving the goal posts.

Also, I don't know him and he doesn't know me. And he isn't here. So...free speech, motherf***er.
“Free speech “ you’ve called this man a paedophile ...
Have you any evidence to back up your allegations??

If not, then it’s not about “free speech “

Its about you being a vile nasty little shit, as you’ve pulled this nonsense with other posters on here.

Your a flee in search of a dog .

:)

correct. INFINITE ODDS against vicars being 'pxxxy' magnets.
big 👁️ on the vicar, he FCed his own brother FFS🤌
(alert: Fredo is already fredoing, he sees 'flees' on the pooch)
:hammer:

You’ve made a cheap and vile accusation based on nothing.

The great thing about free speech is that it so often lands cretins like you in legal trouble.

Seems like a nice guy, but he was a bit weird on The Weakest Link the other week - some of his attempted humour fell a little flat. (As opposed to Romesh Ranganathan, who is hilarious hosting that show.)
hilarious? I've never seen anyone less funny. Comedian or otherwise. He's about as funny as woodworm in a cripple's crutch.

that's from a Bernard Manning routine, go rent a pirate dvd, live a little. Or keep laughing at box tickers. Whatever floats.

f***ing hilarious? Romesh? FFS.🙁

hilarious? I've never seen anyone less funny. Comedian or otherwise. He's about as funny as woodworm in a cripple's crutch.

that's from a Bernard Manning routine, go rent a pirate dvd, live a little. Or keep laughing at box tickers. Whatever floats.

f***ing hilarious? Romesh? FFS.🙁
Man who likes Bernard Manning doesn't like black man.

There's a surprise.

I bet he plays it every day. The idea of ignoring one of the best pop songs of all time because the singer upsets you decades later is just absurd.

Last edited:
I bet he plays it every day. The idea of ignoring one of the best pop songs of all time because the singer upsets you decades years later is just absurd.
That's just lobbed out out there as an assertion with zero proof. You literally made that up as a plausible statement. Then, after the full stop, you make another statement that you hope most people would accept as fact, again, with zero back up. It may be your opinion, but it sure as hell ain't fact.

‘No Jacket Required would be the soundtrack of hell’: the Rev Richard Coles’s honest playlist - The Guardian
The former Communard says he knows every word to Jesus Christ Superstar – what else does he listen to away from the pulpit?

Excerpt:

The song I can no longer listen to
This Charming Man. Much as I like the song, Morrissey has ceased to be charming for me.

full
Rev Kitchen Rolls doesn't like Morrissey and The Guardian is only too pleased to print it. Same old virtue signalling crap as ever.
At least Morrissey made the honours list for 2021, the one that matters.
He gets an honourable mention on Mark Devlin's "THE ROLL CALL OF HONOUR 2021" on YouTube, along with Eric Clapton, amongst others.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom