Rev Richard Coles (ex-Communards) - "The song I can no longer listen to"

‘No Jacket Required would be the soundtrack of hell’: the Rev Richard Coles’s honest playlist - The Guardian
The former Communard says he knows every word to Jesus Christ Superstar – what else does he listen to away from the pulpit?

Excerpt:

The song I can no longer listen to
This Charming Man. Much as I like the song, Morrissey has ceased to be charming for me.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
So is Morrissey. Why is it okay to bash Morrissey for his opinions but not the people that bash him? The whole 'entitled to his opinion' thing is dangerous. That's how we got people taking horse medicine.
But did Richard Coles 'bash' Morrissey? I think he just said Morrissey had "ceased to be charming for me". That is a far cry from the abusive posts on this site about Richard.

But did Richard Coles 'bash' Morrissey? I think he just said Morrissey had "ceased to be charming for me". That is a far cry from the abusive posts on this site about Richard.
I take it you never read the guardian either:lbf:
FFS he is devious truculent and unreliable, the vicar, of course he is dissing on Mozo_O
they drink liquor in the vicarship but is worried about Moz?:mad:

:hammer:

HOLY FAT FLAMINGO🦩
WTF kind of vicar is this?
hes a drug addict too?
he LIED for FIVE YEARS🤬
about having AIDS FFS
FIVE YEARS😷
he confessed when he wanted to get
a free ride into the religion dole??
and then goes on TV? no helping the lepers for this twat👺

fing incredible. i guess its not surprising that he smoked drugs
after all🤒
wonder what are the BASELINE ODDS that hes really clean now:lbf:

Well said. The usual haters will support this lying twat over Morrissey. 🤮

Yeah I'd call that a bash. What else was it? A compliment?

Well said. The usual haters will support this lying twat over Morrissey. 🤮

i doubt he even believes in god, hes just after the soft easy living/
playing the accordion at night, all the while the pagan babies in china starve, but Moz
he has a problem with.(n)

Yeah I'd call that a bash. What else was it? A compliment?
Well now. I can imagine the conversation after a night out:

" Jaysus I'm never going out for a drink again. I got a right bashing. Totally uncalled for too, I might add."
"Ooh no. What happened. Did you need stitches? I don't see a bruise. You poor thing. WHAT did they do?"
"Bastards bashed me right up by saying I was not charming."
"You twat."

Where where, is the most spectacular singer that the Universe has and that will never have, where is the man who is most passionate about singing and who best transmits emotions, I want to know now !!!!!????

Well now. I can imagine the conversation after a night out:

" Jaysus I'm never going out for a drink again. I got a right bashing. Totally uncalled for too, I might add."
"Ooh no. What happened. Did you need stitches? I don't see a bruise. You poor thing. WHAT did they do?"
"Bastards bashed me right up by saying I was not charming."
"You twat."
So...you're saying it was a compliment. Gotcha.

Congratulations to Brummie boy🤓
A man who knows how to stir the shit on here 😳

Well done son 🥳

You should have come for that
Cuppa, I could have learned
So much more 😉

So...you're saying it was a compliment. Gotcha.
I'm saying he didn't bash anyone. Calling it bashing is exaggeration to the nth degree. He said he didn't find Moz charming. On a scale of 1 to 10 it's 0.5 at best.

Collins dictionary definition:

To bash someone means to criticize them severely, usually in a public way.

:rolleyes:

FFS he was dissing on Moz not promoting him doh:
dont be a thick and docile Comrade McMuffin :straightface:

:straightface:
he dissed on Moz in the guardian FFS thats as public as it gets
they publicly beg for money over there, they are broke losing
high roller readers like skinny 💔

skinny bashes moz here on a regular basis FFS claims he
going into a youtube :rabbit: hole:neutral:
this is a forum meant for a public readership its not
so difficult to figure this out🥸:hammer:

Am I the only one who wants to hear more about this story of Moz staying with this vicar and his husband?

I'm saying he didn't bash anyone. Calling it bashing is exaggeration to the nth degree. He said he didn't find Moz charming. On a scale of 1 to 10 it's 0.5 at best.

Collins dictionary definition:

To bash someone means to criticize them severely, usually in a public way.
You're being deliberately obtuse. Substitute the word "criticize" then. The fact of the matter is you made the statement that everyone is entitled to their opinion. My point, and you know it, was that there is a cognitive disonance when you say that you must respect people's opinions, but think it is just fine to not respect Morrissey's. What you mean is "you have to respect people's opinions only if you agree with them." If I were to say 'yer mum's a twat', you dare not disagree, because you must respect my opinion.

🤔

‘No Jacket Required would be the soundtrack of hell’: the Rev Richard Coles’s honest playlist - The Guardian
The former Communard says he knows every word to Jesus Christ Superstar – what else does he listen to away from the pulpit?

Excerpt:

The song I can no longer listen to
This Charming Man. Much as I like the song, Morrissey has ceased to be charming for me.

full
Richard Coles is insufferable on Twitter. Always so desperate to appear intelligent. The guy really grates on me.

The Communards were superb back in the day and the Rev Coles’ comment probably stems from his retention of left of centre politics and a dislike of Morrissey’s recent comments. However it is ridiculous to suddenly dislike a piece of art or a song just because it’s creator expresses views which you disagree with. I wouldn’t stop listening to the Communards just because the Rev Coles has become an advocate of organised Christianity .

When my buds James and Jack died from AIDS in the very beginning of the crisis they could only dream at night that they were faking it. He words for Phil Collins were ironic. Flush him and throw in his Casio.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom