Richard Wright R.I.P.

Richard Wright Dies
Monday, Sep 15, 2008 10:00AM

Former Pink Floyd keyboards player Richard Wright died earlier today, after a short battle against cancer. He was 65.
Though not as prolific a songwriter as his bandmates Syd Barrett, Roger Waters and David Gilmour, he did write significant parts of the music for classic albums like Meddle, Dark Side Of The Moon and Wish You Were Here, as well as for Pink Floyd's final studio album The Division Bell.
Wright, who was one of the band's founding members, last appeared with the other members at the July 2005 Live 8 concert in London.
He founded the band with Waters, Mason, and Barrett in 1965. Gilmour joined in 1968 although Barrett, who also died of cancer July 2006, left the group shortly afterwards. Wright has been married to his third wife Millie (to whom he dedicated his second solo album Broken China) since 1996 and they have one child named Ben. He married his first wife Juliette Gale in 1964 and they divorced in 1982 after two children. He married his second wife Franka in 1984 and they divorced in 1994.
A friend of the family announced the news of his death earlier today.

Dark_Side_of_the_Moon_by_Avelate.jpg

Last edited:
awww Rick... RIP.
He was the George Harrison of Pink Floyd at times, at least for me.
Though I stopped listening to PF when Roger left, Rick was an important part of the soundtrack of my life, so to speak.
Sad, sad news. But I'm hurt enough with Syd to mourn too much for Mr.Wright... :tears:

Back
Top Bottom