Rick Astley & Blossoms - Albert Hall, Manchester post gig thread (October 8, 2021)

Entered to Coronation Street theme and opened with What Difference Does It Make?

Setlist:

What Difference Does It Make?
Bigmouth Strikes Again
Still Ill
Reel Around The Fountain
Cemetry Gates
Ask
Hand In Glove
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
Girlfriend In A Coma
Well I Wonder
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
Panic
William, It Was Really Nothing
Barbarism Begins at Home
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want

Encore:
How Soon Is Now?
This Charming Man
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

Regards,
FWD.

(Post anything related to this gig here).

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, and it’s awesome the way he makes them his own.

Yes but how many years did M wait before pandering to fans or doing what’s expected of a solo artist for ‘success’ ?

Please don’t even try to compare clown shoe Liam with Morrissey.

Nothing to compare really, Liam is a megastar and Morrissey is well known

Some pair of Lionel Blair's there, Rick.
Apparently that's dogtooth?...
What can I say, the dude even gets his trousers right.

Unlike someone who wasn't in the audience...

Yeah, and it’s awesome the way he makes them his own.

Yes but how many years did M wait before pandering to fans or doing what’s expected of a solo artist for ‘success’ ?

Please don’t even try to compare clown shoe Liam with Morrissey.
Clown Shoes (that actually Vegan Mongrel) but, Liam has just sold Knebworth out twice. So you’re probably right, Ket; we shouldn’t compare him to Morrissey. X

We’ve got Ket at 13 posts in this thread already, anyone want to wager a guess on how many more until the nervous breakdown subsides?

Clown Shoes (that actually Vegan Mongrel) but, Liam has just sold Knebworth out twice. So you’re probably right, Ket; we shouldn’t compare him to Morrissey. X

I’m sure M would like that also. But I don’t measure one’s artistic success by sales. Yes M is an artist, the other is not.

It. Was. Ace.

I didn't realise Rick was still such a big draw in his own right, his arena tour next month is virtually sold out. I knew he'd sold a fair few records in the past but had no idea it was 40 million and that his more recent stuff still reaches platinum status!

I didn't realise Rick was still such a big draw in his own right, his arena tour next month is virtually sold out. I knew he'd sold a fair few records in the past but had no idea it was 40 million and that his more recent stuff still reaches platinum status!
Extra-ordinary stuff.

However, I was right at the front with my kid (who was blown away) and as much as I enjoyed it, I was reminded how good Morrissey’s voice is.

When he puts a shift in.

Great to see loads of kids dragged in by their parents. The stuff of next year’s counselling sessions, for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

This was the start of Liam's first gig as a solo artist to 1500 people at The Ritz in 2017, an absolutely amazing crowd reaction and its no surprise 4 years later he's selling out Knebworth twice over.

That's the thing with fans like Ket, they think they know a lot about Morrissey when they actually only know what Morrissey lets them know and those who do know a lot more keep it amongst themselves.

Ah yes Surface, you got me all figured out.

doh::crazy:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom