Rick Astley Twitter: Rick Astley & Blossoms perform the songs of The Smiths - 2 Smiths-themed concerts in October (September 14, 2021)

IMG_20210914_174101.jpg

Further to today's coverage of their Smiths covers, Rick Astley & Blossoms are playing 2 special Smiths-themed gigs in October.
Thanks to @davidt for the information.
Confirmed via ticket outlets:

(Link courtesy of @Uncleskinny)

full

Tweet posted by Surface:

Related item:
Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
What's fcUKin weird is signing your name to other artist's LP s and flogging them at your own gigs...ffs....Morrissey has been a karaoke 🎤impersonating the vocalist of The Smiths Family since 1988. This is hilarious...I'm in!

Hugh, if you signed a Bowie album it would lose all value and would be toter bound:blushing:
Moz signature is the money item making it an instant collectible for the top notch fan:rock:
this DH Ric Assley can hardly sing at all, sings like a:horseface:

:hammer:

It is ridiculous and scandalous what Rick A and company do, they have a career of their own and they go on stage and do a whole recital singing songs from other groups, mmm, mmm 0 self-esteem!!!!. It's like The Cure going up and doing all the Smiths songs, you have to do it. Moz must with laughter !!!! No one exists like Moz in terms of musical art

Money is the answer, I can't find a relationship between R Astley's laa.musica and MOZ, luckily!! . These people hang on M and M to make money

I think Rick is a fan. It's probably love rather than money.

It's a nice thing despite the usual Morrissey bashing.

:mad:

seeing that both groups suck, the result is to syphon off Moz:blushing:
MO of sucky groups:hammer:

A hero 😅 The malicious intent is crystal clear.

I finally saw the other thread about this where Rick sings,"Hang the DJ." Rick, you may be the one hung out to dry. Big mistake Mr Dance Music Man.

I accept that some people will not know the difference, but I will not pretend to be one of those people.

:straightface:

correct. very malicious intent by these rick assty and the blowers(n)
they have no money so off they go to siphon off Moz. a major shanda:mad:

It is ridiculous and scandalous what Rick A and company do, they have a career of their own and they go on stage and do a whole recital singing songs from other groups, mmm, mmm 0 self-esteem!!!!. It's like The Cure going up and doing all the Smiths songs, you have to do it. Moz must with laughter !!!! No one exists like Moz in terms of musical art
'It's like The Cure going up and doing all the Smiths songs'

That would be even funnier...come on Robert Smith!

'Smiths-piss takers of the world, unite in karaoke 🎤!'

BB

Somewhere in heaven, David Bowie is Laughing Out Loud...game, set & match😅....the only possible response that would equal the score would be for The Smiths to reform but play only songs by Bowie, The Cure & Rick Astley!

Lockdown was a pain in the balls but this us making up for those lost months..

Last edited:
BBC covered it - in a slightly stilted manner since Moz's reputation is in limbo.

No, it was not 'stilted in the least. They correctly highlighted the underlying driver for this project: to recognise and celebrate the unique collaborative art genius that was the four original members of The Smiths.

"From the moment The Smiths emerged in 1983 I was hooked and it's as a fan, with deep respect as a musician for Morrissey, Marr, Rourke and Joyce, that I'll be joining the endlessly enthusiastic and talented Blossoms on stage to sing their songs,"

Only the mentally ill, delusional sycophants like Ketamine and Nerak et al could construe an innocent tribute to The Smiths as some kind of money grab or attack on Morrissey. The planet these lunatics live on is deeply pathetic.

No, it was not 'stilted in the least. They correctly highlighted the underlying driver for this project: to recognise and celebrate the unique collaborative art genius that was the four original members of The Smiths.

"From the moment The Smiths emerged in 1983 I was hooked and it's as a fan, with deep respect as a musician for Morrissey, Marr, Rourke and Joyce, that I'll be joining the endlessly enthusiastic and talented Blossoms on stage to sing their songs,"

It was stilted in that the BBC didn't quite know what to say about Morrissey so hedged their bets.

Only the mentally ill, delusional sycophants like Ketamine and Nerak et al could construe an innocent tribute to The Smiths as some kind of money grab or attack on Morrissey. The planet these lunatics live on is deeply pathetic.

As I never said anything like that - yet again, I'm more worried about your head.

:rolleyes:

'live in a pathetic planets':crazy:
WTF? 'a pathetic planet'? a planet is pathetic? it doesnt circulate correctly?:crazy:
toy telescope over at the funny farm:crazy:

I take back what I said about Vegas being history making. I'll try to curb my enthusiasm.

Saw this earlier and it had no real context:

View attachment 76304

Then found some:

Morrissey mocked after Rick Astley and Blossoms team up for The Smiths performances

('Morrissey' got to #46 trending UK earlier).
Regards,
FWD.
Where is that comment that says moz makes fun of Rick A.no I see him, and if I see Leo Garcia who is a rock musician from my country, who is a big fan of Moz and who made a song called Morrissey and when Steve Patrick arrived in Argentina in 2015 Moz himself sang the chorus that obviously says Morrissey MOrrissey, . Leo was assaulted for being gay, Shitty homophobes attacked poor Leo for being gay!!! There are people who suck

I always felt that Johnny asked Andy not to do The Classically Smiths project and promised to do something more meaningful with him in the future. Something yet to come. I just don't know what it would be. Just a hunch.

A hero 😅 The malicious intent is crystal clear.

I finally saw the other thread about this where Rick sings,"Hang the DJ." Rick, you may be the one hung out to dry. Big mistake Mr Dance Music Man.

I accept that some people will not know the difference, but I will not pretend to be one of those people.EXACTLY HANG THE RICKY JAJAA!!!!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom