Robbie Williams channels Morrissey in his new video for Love My Life

Watch: Robbie Williams channels Morrissey in his new video for 'Love My Life' - Entertainment.ie

Is it just us, or is Robbie Williams morphing into a young(er) Morrissey with every passing year?

39412_robmoz.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe not 100% right place for that, but since this thread appeared here... Man, something bad happened with Robbie. He lost something he had in the past, I think. I don't see any meaning.

what does channeling morrissey mean?

Good question!
It's a quite post modern word and has not a strict definition so anyone can read into it what he or she wants.
I think Robbie Williams has a great respect for Moz and as he seems to be uncertain about his own music, despite all "success" he definitely had, he is using his inspiration and more or less copies certain aspects.

Unfortunately, he seems to concentrate more on superficial, easy to copy aspects and thus in doing so imitating him.
If he would be able to just use his inspiration and come up with a personal, more daring, honest and explicit representation of HIMSELF it could be interesting, but I'm not counting on that to happen.

But you never know.
I don't really dislike him.
He seems kind and nice as a person but that tells us nothing.

Williams is the pop star equivalent of David Cameron's Smiths fandom (that barely makes sense but it feels right).
Didn't Robbie ask Moz to duet once? You Have Killed Me, was it?
It was 'I Like You' but Moz said no. Quite right too. Robbie might have a quiff and look good but he's as manufactured as a bar of soap and is a prime example of everything that is wrong with the music sindustry. That said, his voice isnt quite as irritating as other mindless poptarts.

It was 'I Like You' but Moz said no. Quite right too. Robbie might have a quiff and look good but he's as manufactured as a bar of soap and is a prime example of everything that is wrong with the music sindustry. That said, his voice isnt quite as irritating as other mindless poptarts.

Moz should do that song in his live stage shows.
And which song could be more appropriate in this Donald timeframe than " Now My Heart Is full "?
There's gonna be some trouble
a whole (white) house will need re-building
and everyone I love in the house
will recline on an analyst couch quite
soon
your Father cracks a joke
and in the usual way
empties the room :brows:

always thought rw could pull off a version of trouble loves me and make it a well known track in the mainstream

This is one of Robbie's more insipid singles, to be sure, but it must be said that he is the most charismatic singer to come out of the UK since Moz. Now middle aged (god it's depressing to see how young and virile he once was) Rob seems to be trying to reinvent himself and sees old Mozzer as a good role model. I agree that the look in video (heavy coat as it's obviously freezing on beach) and hair cut on sides reads as much Colin Farrell as Moz, but I get the connection. As someone who's a huge RW fan I have to speak for an artist who's underrated.

I like RW. But he should change his hairdresser and get a good stylist. He is a good loking man, but that haircut doesn't suit his face shape. Besides his hair color should be on the warm side of the palette. Surely he will find his own path in this new stage of his life because he is a great singer.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom