Robby in China

alrightie then, none of that is in 成都, which is what they speak here :rolleyes:
anyways, no pics, my own fault, went out last night without Y. :o
was hitting on her friend, hard and who shows up?
yep, Y. :eek: its amazing how quickly I have reverted to my two-timing manwhore ways :straightface:
no really, I thought I'd grown, but no, back in the States, I just became ugly, old and fat :cool:
which, I guess :confused: forced me to be a nicer guy?
none of that matters here, I am quite disgusted with myself, time to man up and actually behave like a gentleman
I really want to prove these Chinese people wrong about "us"
we are not all greedy, sex perverts, are we?
gonna do my bit for the western cause from now on, promise!

ps: totally forgot, my camera phone got broke in a shoving match I lost with 3 male friends of Y.
I deserved it though, I'm a bad, bad man :squiffy:

Last edited:
looks like I picked the wrong time to quit drinking :squiffy: its
dragon-boat.jpg
"Dragon Boat festival" week, there will be races on the river on the Wei? river on the 12th, drinking and the giving of
00142235e8f9055537f002.jpg

these rice "dumplings" which are wrapped in banana leaves, the longer I am here, the more I am a struck by the similarities between Sichuan dishes
and those of South East Asia
on a similar note I buy a lot of
SAM_4103_zps36979348.jpg

little shrimpies, which I cook myself, yes, heads and all, for one thing I have learned here is a certain sort of respect for the the Chinese honesty about their
consumption of animals, because the truth is, they eat far less (per person) of meat than we Westerners, but they are real about it
they do not hide it from their consumers, unlike in the USA where hypocrisy rules eating habits, I am happy to be free of that, I can tell you!
changing gears, and at the end of my nights I have ended up with many foreigners at
SAM_4116_zpsca10d7d1.jpg

so, if you come here, just tell the cab driver "Jellyfish" he will likely know where you mean or can call someone that does
however, this place is a mainstream kind of place and I really don't go that way, so a lovely lady I met here took me to an "underground club" recently
from what I could gather this meant American rap music and defaced posters like
SAM_4121_zps6d32e2f8.jpg

this
now a little lesson about the part of China I am
640px-Sichuanese-en.png

the written language is done with same characters as Mandarin, its just spoken completely differently, which makes a big difference because there are 4 tones in Chinese languages, knowing the difference can be the difference between hearing(or saying) "I love you" & "You smell like shit"
so yeah, the language is different here, oh and a last thing people may not be aware about the Sichuanese
warning gonna go all "yellow fever"ish for a bit here
SAM_4128_zpsf4557ceb.jpg

women, yes I know her and I am showing this picture of here where she is wearing a mask to protect her identity
seems the right thing to do, dontcha think?
anyways, one of the biggest shocks when coming here was the incredible preponderance of rather well endowed Chinese women here
I even asked about it, wondering if implants were common, but, no, no, thats just the way most real** Sichuan women are
and to be honest, the combination of not super skinny, not flat assed or flat chested, combined with distinctly Asian facial features is quite captivating
I think I may never leave this part of China
that is if I can get use to the heat and humidity

*=this is a dragon boat from last year all crewed by foreigners, if I am still here in June 2014, I intend on taking part
**= there are many people from other parts of China here in Chengdu, the city has exploded in size and numbers over the last 20 years

Last edited:
I am fascinated yet disturbed by this thread at the same time.

Best of luck, do not get in trouble and if you think you might get thrown out of the country if you are about to do something then best not to do it.

I am fascinated yet disturbed by this thread at the same time.

Best of luck, do not get in trouble and if you think you might get thrown out of the country if you are about to do something then best not to do it.

yeah, no chance of me getting thrown out, sort of, already found what I was looking for :blushing:
so not going out much :cool: also, there's the still being worked to death :straightface:
anyways, photobucket is all buggy for me here, but I did upload
attachment.php

this, to the site here, its me in Hong Kong! :)

"street food" is a part of my weekly diet here :o
attachment.php

this lady is usually to be found right outside of my work, I normally get some of the potato on a stick or lotus root, occassionally the chicken :straightface:
but my meat intake is way down, and I skip the ground hot peppers/sauce (off to the left) altogether
most Chinese people have everything they eat rolled in it :eek:
also, take note of the guy with his shirt up, Chinese men of a certain class :cool: do this all the time when they are sweaty
not hard to compete with guys like that for the women* here, is it? :p
next is my fave street food dude:
attachment.php

he makes me
attachment.php

this, fried tofu and stuff, tonight I will get some from him for the 3rd night in a row, a record for me...

*=we have a saying here in China amongst us foriegn "menfolk":
"We are all punching above our weight here" woman in the pic not included, of course

yeah, no chance of me getting thrown out, sort of, already found what I was looking for :blushing:
so not going out much :cool: also, there's the still being worked to death :straightface:
attachment.php

Hi Buddha! And Robby. :p

thx, always happy to get a gif from explory :thumb:
as for a China update:
well, they work you to death?
yes it is true
however, once you prove your worth and stand up for your rights
they respect that, I don't really know what its like for losers that don't pay their dues and tire of this place
I ignore such ppl and instead spend my time with the actual Chinese I have come here to find about and come to know :blushing:
rather than simply ensconse myself with a bunch of Westerners like so many here do :sick:
perhaps they simply have not learned to "translate" doublespeak
luckily, my empathic abilities? combined with de-constructing "on the fly" what is said to me serve me to "the good" here in China
where no one speaks without thinking first, I do a facsimile of this at "half speed'
seems my students love me because of this, which is my only goal, to teach them English, while at the same time make fun of
civilization and all its contentments :rolleyes:
REGARDLESS OF COUNTRY :eek:
still a rebel at heart, Moz speaks to my heart on this, I just pretend that the last few years of his output don't count :p

attachment.php

is that fog, or smog?

so how messed up am I? :crazy: in a country full of beautiful Asian women :blushing:
what do I find myself drawn most to?
the African* girls :horny: know a couple now, have not slept with any of them yet
staying away from the ones who are basically whores :sick:
but my god, they are so dark, way darker than African-American girls and yeah, so rare here
was that always it? did I only go for Asian girls in American because there were so few?
if so, I am one f***ed up dude, we'll see how this goes, its not played out yet
and hey, gonna keep my options open, Saturday I go to KTV with a bunch Chinese people
lets see, if my "YF" comes back then :p

*=Kenya

Last edited:
some facts and thoughts on China's "1 child policy" :straightface:

first of all, it does not apply to any of the 55 recognized ethnic minorities that make up about 9% of the population
and yes, this includes Tibetans, a lot of what we read about in the West is just complete garbage on this issue

also, there have been many unintended consequences of the policy, China basically has too few women
because women are far more likely to abort a fetus if they find out its a girl :eek:
see, sons are thought of as being the ones who will help take care of their parents when they are old
so having too few women for men to marry means all sort of things are to be heard of happening here like:

baby boy snatching, hospitals have extra guards to protect against this, but you hear about corrupt adoptions going on all the time for the rich

the return of the "dowry system" but now instead of it coming with a daughter, men pay a woman's family $

bride importation, many Chinese men go to places like Vietnam or the Philipines to get a wife

and now for things I have personally encountered as a consequence of the "spoiled rotten little boy syndrome"
almost all problem students are little boys who their mothers dote on to an extreme degree, I see this every day at work
and then in my personal life I encounter other phenomenas which I don't quite understand yet :confused:
like the seeming(to me) feminization of many adult Chinese men
now at first I just quietly noted this, but now that I know a number of Chinese people and hear them talk about it, I feel more confident in my own observations
related to this is hearing many Chinese women talk about how they don't want a man like that, which is why they go for Western men
or stay unmarried
this last group of women are lumped in with "lesbians"
which is basically the worst insult a woman can hear here
strangely, the same is not true for gay men, as long as they are not flamboyant, they seem to not get hassled
its all very bizzare and interesting and I don't think I will ever really understand this place
or
by the time I do, it will all have probably changed again
in this place, change is the only constant :cool:
they seem to be packing a couple of centuries of social & technological history into as few a number of decades as possible
ahh, China...

Last edited:
does everything happen for a reason?
I woke up yesterday morning not feeling good and my mouth was all swollen :eek:
luckily I had someone with me who took me to the nearest hospital and got me the treatment I needed
she was able to explain that I recently had 3 teeth pulled from the back of my mouth and they figured out that I had some kind of massive infection
isuck_zps7e471f1f.jpg

soon after I was a hooked up to an IV drip, talking was difficult for a time, but I felt better eventually
if I'd had to do all that alone, the being sick and speaking little Chinese would have made it disastrous
still, I suppose all things happen for a reason and I should be thankful for that :o
but no, as I write this all I can think of is what a weak, old fool I must have looked :straightface:

does everything happen for a reason?
I woke up yesterday morning not feeling good and my mouth was all swollen :eek:
luckily I had someone with me who took me to the nearest hospital and got me the treatment I needed
she was able to explain that I recently had 3 teeth pulled from the back of my mouth and they figured out that I had some kind of massive infection
soon after I was a hooked up to an IV drip, talking was difficult for a time, but I felt better eventually
if I'd had to do all that alone, the being sick and speaking little Chinese would have made it disastrous
still, I suppose all things happen for a reason and I should be thankful for that :o
but no, as I write this all I can think of is what a weak, old fool I must have looked :straightface:

Get better soon, man.

Get better soon, man.
thanks, all better now, someone nursed me back to health, and now I am feeling more feelings more than I should
in a quandry, since the truth is I may be gone from here to Japan in less than 6 months, don't want to lead anyone on
but, but
well, come to China, in you will know what I mean, the ones really worth being with also tend to move things real frakkin fast :eek:

new health problem :eek: so I had this rash first on the back of my neck, then upper back, then upper chest
took some pills for it, got some cream, felt confident it was going away
was really looking forward to going out last night, had not seen someone for a while :blushing:
but Sunday morning I wake up to the rash now on my face! and during the night I must have scratched at it while I was sleeping
still, I went to work, looking horrible, everybody staring at me, asking what happened, people thought I was attacked by a cat :cool:
even had some of the TAs explain in Chinese to my students what was wrong with me
then after work, rather than seeing S. I had another Chinese friend take me to the hospital, I know I could have asked her(S.)
but coming on what just happened the week before I did not want her to see me like this, maybe I am f***ing this up, but hey
I gotta be me
anyways, they gave me some stronger stuff to take, steroids I think :confused:
seems better today, at least I am not scratching :straightface:

now, if I believed in a very humanlike/vengeful god :rolleyes: then I would be believe this is all punishment for my not being totally happy with my current lot in life
really, things have gone quite well for me here in China, but I am not content, I have dreamed of Japan since I was a little boy sneaking out to the living room to watch
Shogun_titles.jpg

:crazy: thats a long time to harbor a dream, and it may take me up to another year and a half* to make it happen
and until then, it would be best for me both professionally and personally to just act like everything is hunky dory and it is
I just want more or more accurately, I want what I want, don't we all?

*=most jobs I have been looking at want 3 years or more of English teaching experience, I will only have a little over 2 in 6 months when my current contract is up
also, I want to learn some Japanese before I go, so I am looking for somewhere to go take classes once a week, so far have 1 lead
the big problem being that there are a lot of people I know who I don't want to ask about something like that

Back
Top Bottom