Morrissey Central "ROBERT PATTINSON" (October 20, 2020)

unnamed-5_aegonf.jpg

It's quite comforting that Central is back to random filler.

I've found another scandal barely mentioned by people who cite reggae is vile as damning for all eternity. Are there any singers who haven't said worse & mostly gotten away with it???

View attachment 60236

This is old news and has already been discussed on this site as someone previously used it for the same purpose and about to the same effect.

You guys are truly delusional if you think Dog on a Chain could have performed better with a bigger push from the label. There's no single. The album cover looks like garbage. His mystique has been completely ruined by Sam and the general carelessness and apathy that elevated him to a position of power in the first place. No amount of PR magic can make that record seem cool in 2020, sorry.
It's likely that he doomed the record himself with all of the bad press he was going out of his way to get.
But it is a really good record and there are at least three singles.
Mystique, image, lack of care, I agree with all that. But it's a good record and the last three were not. I can tell the difference and lots of reviewers could too.

I do find that slightly surprising: we should be speaking about a third or fourth physical single from Dog c/w a ‘new’ B-side about now. It’s almost as if once the BMG contract was fulfilled, all interest from all parties ceased.

An anticipated (if musically awful) remix project has been erased from history. That itself represents an interesting story that seems to have been swallowed into a black hole.
With what happened to Mrs Dwyer I'm sure M isn't bothered too much about Dog's non existent singles. That said the profile of the album is practically invisible in M's discography and I've even felt it's dipped a bit after fans initially claiming it's his best since Vauxhall.

I think some people have deep & bizarrely unresolved feelings about him.

Also social pressure makes them lie.

People who treat Morrissey like Satan were raving about Bardot today - the same Bardot who supports the far right, has been convicted multiple times for inciting racial hatred & is an ardent animal rights activist.

& look at this coverage, I could weep.

Online filler:
View attachment 60249

The Guardian:
View attachment 60250
View attachment 60256

Love sick gibbering in The Times:
View attachment 60254
View attachment 60255

No one said I disagree with her views - just here's a fabulous picture/footage of her...

They ARE fabulous, obviously...

Why do you keep dragging this into every thread? This is incredibly old news, give it a rest won't you?

New single's great!
New single? Wow, I’m going to check!

Just listened: I love it. It has a great ‘I Can’t Help Falling in Love’ vibe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swords was shocking; it looks like he’s burying a drummer.

The Very Best of Morrissey would, in the days when I did such things, get its own plate stand and be perched on a shelf. It’s beautiful.

This is Morrissey makes me smile every time I see it.

The Suedehead (Best of) sleeve is gorgeous.

Greatest Hits is irresistible.

And the HMV singles compilations are all beautifully adorned with wonderful images.

The Best Of is a fine sleeve too, though least on this list.
I forgot that there have been so many since the mid-90s. But yeah, those all have great sleeves. I'm partial to My Early Burglary Years, which isn't quite a greatest hits but it might as well be.

No. I'm making the case for the defense.
Ok I accept you're on the Great Man's side but to keep raking up old quotes from archived interviews just keeps feeding the trolls and the discussion starts all over again and ultimately never stops. I'll back you as a fellow fan for life but don't make things harder than they need be.

Ok I accept you're on the Great Man's side but to keep raking up old quotes from archived interviews just keeps feeding the trolls and the discussion starts all over again and ultimately never stops. I'll back you as a fellow fan for life but don't make things harder than they need be.

It'll make it easier in the long run - sometimes a myth has gotten so bad it needs ripped out & stomped on.

New single? Wow, I’m going to check!

Just listened: I love it. It has a great ‘I Can’t Help Falling in Love’ vibe.
Just listened to wild at heart.....good song, nearly as good as a letter to you...
Can you believe that this man shifted more records in the uk during the 80s than anyone else!!!
Hovis and co... we need to start a shakey appreciation society for this man immediately

Just listened to wild at heart.....good song, nearly as good as a letter to you...
Can you believe that this man shifted more records in the uk during the 80s than anyone else!!!
Hovis and co... we need to start a shakey appreciation society for this man immediately
Had a look at his wiki and was surprised to see he released his first album in 1970, single too. He then went on to release several albums in the 70's before achieving success entering the 80's. Never knew he'd been recording for a decade before his most successful period.

Had a look at his wiki and was surprised to see he released his first album in 1970, single too. He then went on to release several albums in the 70's before achieving success entering the 80's. Never knew he'd been recording for a decade before his most successful period.
And don’t for get the song Rocking good way, a duet with bonnie Tyler...
Well it’s been a rocking good morning so far, listening to shaking Stevens , dancing around my living room while waiting for the rain to clear so I can go for my walk, and my copy of the daily mirror for the crossword section.... strange indeed

Everyone wants to pack it in. It doesn't seem worth the anxiety & mortification. But this sh*t era will die & the art will still be there, so sod them. Back on to the battlefield.

It's what Joan would do.

View attachment 60258

View attachment 60259

That’s exactly what upsets them the most, the people who are trying to cancel and name call and falsely accuse an artist like Morrissey.

They know that whatever they do or try to do to him that he will survive, that he the art will survive everything that they try to throw at it/him, and they just can’t deal with the fact that they will always lose.

Like all great artists through the ages, Morrissey knows this, he knows the art will stand, he rolls with the punches the changing times, he has already won.

Last edited:
1 million covid 1984 deaths worldwide in 8 months is not a pandemic. If they stopped pcr tests tomorrow, and asked only the <1% who are vulnerable, to lockdown, and then use Swedens strategy, people would have a chance to get their lives back. 1.5m died of TB btw
Nobody will be jetting anywhere for a long time to come, and govern-ment (mind) have killed the arts along with the rest of the economy. Fair dues to the gym owner in Liverpool who refused to close or be intimidated by 5 armed police fining him thousands every 3 hours. They couldn't enforce it and now all gyms have been "allowed" stay open in Liverpool. The emperor has no clothes. Moz was right again.
If you’re so brave, go out and lick every pole you come across on the street. Lick every knob you find. If anyone is coughing, allow them to cough into your mouth.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom