Morrissey Central "ROBERT PATTINSON" (October 20, 2020)

unnamed-5_aegonf.jpg

They are only bothered by the M-word. That really hurts them.

I think some people have deep & bizarrely unresolved feelings about him.

Also social pressure makes them lie.

People who treat Morrissey like Satan were raving about Bardot today - the same Bardot who supports the far right, has been convicted multiple times for inciting racial hatred & is an ardent animal rights activist.

& look at this coverage, I could weep.

Online filler:
20201021_215853.jpg

The Guardian:
20201021_215933.jpg

20201021_223500.jpg

Love sick gibbering in The Times:
20201021_221348.jpg

20201021_221404.jpg

No one said I disagree with her views - just here's a fabulous picture/footage of her...

They ARE fabulous, obviously...

Last edited by a moderator:
.-. .--.--..-./.. ... / ...- .. .-.. . radis can you tell what it is yet, in a rolf harris voice.

I don’t have loads of energy for you but as it’s National Free Advice Day, ‘smug c***’ isn’t a good look.
Thank you for your advice, which I know you offer from personal experience.

I think some people have deep & bizarrely unresolved feelings about him.

Also social pressure makes them lie.

People who treat Morrissey like Satan were raving about Bardot today - the same Bardot who supports the far right, has been convicted multiple times for inciting racial hatred & is an ardent animal rights activist.

& look at this coverage, I could weep.

Online filler:
View attachment 60249

The Guardian:
View attachment 60250
View attachment 60256

Love sick gibbering in The Times:
View attachment 60254
View attachment 60255

No one said I disagree with her views - just here's a fabulous picture/footage of her...

They ARE fabulous, obviously...

she is fabulous,could watch her all day.

It is obvious that Dog has been a contractual liability for BMG. They did put the album out but that's all they did. No physical singles, no proper videos, no promotion, no radioplay... They did drop the album liike an unwanted cabbage, with a dull thud.
Yes, whatever one’s opinion of the record BMG had absolutely no interest. They basically slammed the door shut in Morrissey’s face.

Yes, whatever one’s opinion of the record BMG had absolutely no interest. They basically slammed the door shut in Morrissey’s face.

It’s really a shame, could’ve gone higher in the charts with a little promotion, easily the best album of 2020. but I guess he’s used to record companies treating him like crap

It's the other way round. And he can open the door if he wants.

He's responsible for curating his own myth though - they can't & won't create a coherent story that takes him from Viva Hate to now & he needs one. The press version being either awful (racist!) or mock-heroic (mozfather!).

It's the other way round. And he can open the door if he wants.

He's responsible for curating his own myth though - they can't & won't create a coherent story that takes him from Viva Hate to now & he needs one. The press version being either awful (racist!) or mock-heroic (mozfather!).

but he won’t kiss anyone’s ass.

we are in the middle of a pandemic,M is hardly going to be jetting around the world visiting music studios.its been quiet for months on here.
1 million covid 1984 deaths worldwide in 8 months is not a pandemic. If they stopped pcr tests tomorrow, and asked only the <1% who are vulnerable, to lockdown, and then use Swedens strategy, people would have a chance to get their lives back. 1.5m died of TB btw
Nobody will be jetting anywhere for a long time to come, and govern-ment (mind) have killed the arts along with the rest of the economy. Fair dues to the gym owner in Liverpool who refused to close or be intimidated by 5 armed police fining him thousands every 3 hours. They couldn't enforce it and now all gyms have been "allowed" stay open in Liverpool. The emperor has no clothes. Moz was right again.

I think (somewhat ominously, given today’s social climate) he’d rather pack it in than kiss arse.

Everyone wants to pack it in. It doesn't seem worth the anxiety & mortification. But this sh*t era will die & the art will still be there, so sod them. Back on to the battlefield.

It's what Joan would do.

0caa144d23e475fd5f782405cdcfdd89.jpg

a842b8d370bb1ff0facb0dca84f5aea7.jpg

Everyone wants to pack it in. It doesn't seem worth the anxiety & mortification. But this sh*t era will die & the art will still be there, so sod them. Back on to the battlefield.

It's what Joan would do.

View attachment 60258

View attachment 60259
He would still tour, of that I’m certain.

But those post-war ideas of personal liberty seem doomed at the moment. The associated pain of disagreement and contest is apparently too much for many to bear.

Paul Leroy Robeson=Steven Patrick Morrissey.

Witch bit!!!! Think he was a milkman pre fame.... fun fact about Shakey, his Xmas number 1 merry Christmas every one, was due to be released the same time as the band aid single.... cleverly it was held back , and the rest is history ....
A Letter to You is perfect pop. The video was ace.

You guys are truly delusional if you think Dog on a Chain could have performed better with a bigger push from the label. There's no single. The album cover looks like garbage. His mystique has been completely ruined by Sam and the general carelessness and apathy that elevated him to a position of power in the first place. No amount of PR magic can make that record seem cool in 2020, sorry.

You guys are truly delusional if you think Dog on a Chain could have performed better with a bigger push from the label. There's no single. The album cover looks like garbage. His mystique has been completely ruined by Sam and the general carelessness and apathy that elevated him to a position of power in the first place. No amount of PR magic can make that record seem cool in 2020, sorry.
It is curious that since the original Southpaw sleeve, the only ‘new’ long players with truly great artwork have been compilations.

I happened to like the Dog sleeve, the colour scheme worked. Though it’s legitimate to question the resolution of the chosen Morrissey picture.

Houses, Knockabout World, Love is on its Way Out and River Clean would’ve all made fine singles. The record is excellent, it seems churlishness on your side to suggest otherwise.

I didn’t think it possible, but your recent days in bed have apparently stewed your bile to make you more noxious than ever. I’ve obviously reported your most recent contributions here to the WHO. I expect they’ll be interested in your post-Covid outpourings, but the healthy members of our online community will be staying well away.

It is curious that since the original Southpaw sleeve, the only ‘new’ long players with truly great artwork have been compilations.

I happened to like the Dog sleeve, the colour scheme worked. Though it’s legitimate to question the resolution of the chosen Morrissey picture.

Houses, Knockabout World, Love is on its Way Out and River Clean would’ve all made fine singles. The record is excellent, it seems churlishness on your side to suggest otherwise.

I didn’t think it possible, but your recent days in bed have apparently stewed your bile to make you more noxious than ever. I’ve obviously reported your most recent contributions here to the WHO. I expect they’ll be interested in your post-Covid outpourings, but the healthy members of our online community will be staying well away.
"Knockabout World" is the only thing close to catchy on the whole record, which still isn't saying much. The rest is overwrought synth sludge with Morrissey phoning it in as he's done for nearly 15 years now. He doesn't care anymore, though he expects you (and the band) to. Dismal.

What compilation art do you like? Surely not Swords, which rivals Maladjusted for executing a perfect visual expression of gastric distress.

"Knockabout World" is the only thing close to catchy on the whole record, which still isn't saying much. The rest is overwrought synth sludge with Morrissey phoning it in as he's done for nearly 15 years now. He doesn't care anymore, though he expects you (and the band) to. Dismal.

What compilation art do you like? Surely not Swords, which rivals Maladjusted for executing a perfect visual expression of gastric distress.
Swords was shocking; it looks like he’s burying a drummer.

The Very Best of Morrissey would, in the days when I did such things, get its own plate stand and be perched on a shelf. It’s beautiful.

This is Morrissey makes me smile every time I see it.

The Suedehead (Best of) sleeve is gorgeous.

Greatest Hits is irresistible.

And the HMV singles compilations are all beautifully adorned with wonderful images.

The Best Of (the USA release) is a fine sleeve too, though least on this list—due to frustrating font issues.

Swords was shocking; it looks like he’s burying a drummer.

The Very Best of Morrissey would, in the days when I did such things, get its own plate stand and be perched on a shelf. It’s beautiful.

This is Morrissey makes me smile every time I see it.

The Suedehead (Best of) sleeve is gorgeous.

Greatest Hits is irresistible.

And the HMV singles compilations are all beautifully adorned with wonderful images.

The Best Of is a fine sleeve too, though least on this list.
Satiate the need. Lol!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom