Rochester Hills, MI - Meadow Brook Amphitheatre (Sep. 13, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Lady Willpower / Wedding Bell Blues / Morning Starship / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself / Everyday Is Like Sunday / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / Satan Rejected My Soul / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / The Bullfighter Dies / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper // What She Said

Setlist provided by setlist.fm

• Morrissey at Meadow Brook Ampitheatre, in photos by Ken Settle (48 total) - themorningsun.com. Link posted by lanterns.

full

Last edited:
That’s all I have for now but more to come, if there’s interest. Thanks for indulging me. I know I should pare it down but it’s so hard to limit oneself when it comes to Morrissey.

Morrissey looked great last night and sounded even better. Was a fantastic night and I’m so glad I went. I took a ridiculous number of photos throughout the entire show. I’ve made it through the first few songs and I post many of my favorites here.
View attachment 52195 View attachment 52196 View attachment 52197 View attachment 52198 View attachment 52199 View attachment 52200 View attachment 52201 View attachment 52202
great pictures, tat. seems that you really got close to the stage.

Did you happen to record WHAT SHE SAID.....lol
I wish I had, I would gladly share it. I only took photos, which was maybe a mistake. I was afraid I would run through battery too fast with video. But I do have the entire show photographed with just enough juice left for gps to get me back home, so in that sense my plan was a success. Lots of great pics later in the show to come.

That’s all I have for now but more to come, if there’s interest. Thanks for indulging me. I know I should pare it down but it’s so hard to limit oneself when it comes to Morrissey.
no limits, please. i find them very expressive. more than the newspaper ones.

I wish I had, I would gladly share it. I only took photos, which was maybe a mistake. I was afraid I would run through battery too fast with video. But I do have the entire show photographed with just enough juice left for gps to get me back home, so in that sense my plan was a success. Lots of great pics later in the show to come.
looking forward to more pics, tat. and always remember to bring your powerbank. ;)

tell us more, please! :)
Every show I’ve ever seen at Meadow Brook I have sat on the lawn. Till last night. I’m grateful I splurged out on Pavillion and that I was able to get such a great seat. Blessings to the gentleman who sold me his ticket and at such a great price! I’d vacillated about going as I couldn’t really afford to but I decided to go anyways. So glad that I did!

Felt like an auspicious night being Friday the 13th and all. And then come to find it was also the 1,000 concert. So grateful I was there to witness it. Crowd was in great spirits and seats were mostly full in my area of the Pavillion which was just behind the Pit. Loved all the young children in attendance. Two right in front of me were really excited and remarkably dressed in their Morrissey finest. Two more kids up the row from me, too. Other than children, the section was decidedly older. The young hipsters must have been up the Pavilion or on the lawn. I know they were there as I saw them when walking around the grounds.

Your pics are terrific .....I think I'm going to bring a charger that operates on battery after you said that in case that's a issue for my phone....and from seeing Doc videos he always records 1 at a time for several reasons I'm sure I'll do that instead of 2 or 3 at a time. I wish I could record each song and be live on Periscope for others to see but I dont believe that it feasible. Its 1 or the other....I guess I could operate 2 phones at 1 time.....hhhhmmm that's a thought....lol

great pictures, tat. seems that you really got close to the stage.
Thank you. Yes, I was just back of the Pit. Lucked out with kids right in front of me and some older fans who preferred to sit a lot (what’s that all about?!) so I had a pretty clear view to Morrissey and the stage. Being petite and all, it’s one of my biggest challenges is getting some tall block of a man in front of me so I can’t see a thing. I really couldn’t have asked for more last night. Had a great time!

Thank you. Yes, I was just back of the Pit. Lucked out with kids right in front of me and some older fans who preferred to sit a lot (what’s that all about?!) so I had a pretty clear view to Morrissey and the stage. Being petite and all, it’s one of my biggest challenges is getting some tall block of a man in front of me so I can’t see a thing. I really couldn’t have asked for more last night. Had a great time!
which song did you like best last night?

Your pics are terrific .....I think I'm going to bring a charger that operates on battery after you said that in case that's a issue for my phone....and from seeing Doc videos he always records 1 at a time for several reasons I'm sure I'll do that instead of 2 or 3 at a time. I wish I could record each song and be live on Periscope for others to see but I dont believe that it feasible. Its 1 or the other....I guess I could operate 2 phones at 1 time.....hhhhmmm that's a thought....lol
Thanks. Yes, a charger like you and @lanterns have suggested, would be a good idea. The guy next to me recorded video for the first few songs. Maybe those will, or have, made their way to social media. He stopped though so I assumed it was battery. I think he took some towards the end again so hope it emerges.

which song did you like best last night?
Oh geez, that’s tough. I hate picking favorites. Hmmm.... really enjoyed Alma Matters. Songs off of California Son were great. Maybe Lady Willpower the most? That one had all the crowd back up in their feet, dancing and singing along. Same with Back On The Chain Gang, which Moz claimed to have written, btw. Some Say I Got Devil and Jack The Ripper work nice together, I think. And of course, the much sought after What She Said. I’m really still in the post-concert haze and not thinking especially clearly yet.

I have to go attend to daily life for awhile. Will post some more photos and impressions hopefully later today. Thanks all for your interest in my experience.

Great pictures. I imagened you were following Morrissey's gig when they asked about you :)
Well done!!

Last edited:
Put your phones away and enjoy the show. Be there for the music, not Instagram “likes”. This has transcended novelty, into madness. Do you honestly think that ANYONE gives a rat’s-ass about your shitty phone photos and videos? ...that YOURS are somehow better than the rest? Must be terribly uncomfortable for an artist who’s not a millennial to look out at a sea of f***ing phones, when they’re trying to deliver a heartfelt message.

Live your life in the moment. Put your f***ing phone away, or I’ll happily dispense with it for you.

Why do you care about the “big block of a man” in front of you if you’re watching the show through your phone?

Get a tiny grip.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom