Rockonteurs Podcast: Johnny Marr (Morrissey mentions - January 24, 2021)

Short excerpt from an upcoming podcast with Johnny Marr. Guy Pratt was briefly set to replace Andy on the 1986 US tour. He and Morrissey didn't get on though and Andy eventually got his visa.

"It's a romance when guys meet like that and fall in love with each other [...] and the love making is the music."

Last edited:
Probably because Johnny's friends and colleagues tell him to shut the f#ck up when he talks shite, but Moz's paid lackeys tell him to post it on Moz Central. Years of ego massaging fills the head and squeezes the skull.

Who are these paid lackeys that are telling Moz what to post on Central, Acton?

We know Sam makes posts that are so ridiculous that it could only be assumed that Morrissey himself doesn’t even know they are being posted.

Is Sam one of these ‘paid lackeys’? And who are the others? And can anyone really have so much influence over Morrissey that he would follow someone’s orders as to what is and is not posted on Central?

Always thought that when Johnny went over
to Moz's house that he went alone.
Never knew he brought a friend with'em.
They portrayed that section incorrectly in
the young Steven picture.

Well, that wasn't the only section they got wrong :lbf:

And that's not even considering the curtains!

Last edited:
I thought England Is Mine was a load of crap.
Ironically, I thought it looked great. I loved the costumes and set design. As a Morrissey bio it was horrible though and too bland to work as a standalone film.
The only scene I really liked was Lowden singing Give Him A Great Big Kiss and throwing sweets to the audience. That was a nice touch and quite faithful.

Me too - just boring. The scene where Johnny turned up was the only interesting bit, and then it ends!

I loved it! I thought it captured Morrissey's broody, depressed youth and the greyness of late 70s Manchester. And it had some humor in it too. I mean it's not going to be Rambo is it? I loved that scene in his bedroom with Johnny Marr - they are testing each other and when Morrissey offers him toast, you know that's his seal of approval.

Who are these paid lackeys that are telling Moz what to post on Central, Acton?

We know Sam makes posts that are so ridiculous that it could only be assumed that Morrissey himself doesn’t even know they are being posted.

Is Sam one of these ‘paid lackeys’? And who are the others? And can anyone really have so much influence over Morrissey that he would follow someone’s orders as to what is and is not posted on Central?
What I meant was I don't think anyone other than yes-men last two seconds in Moz's camp. There is no way Sam would be allowed to post anything Moz doesn't agree with. Once maybe, but not regularly. Of course the important word here is think. I could be 100% wrong.

What I meant was I don't think anyone other than yes-men last two seconds in Moz's camp. There is no way Sam would be allowed to post anything Moz doesn't agree with. Once maybe, but not regularly. Of course the important word here is think. I could be 100% wrong.

It's different with family though - might be too close to see a problem.

‘yes-men last two seconds in Moz’s camp’?

You mean recently? So I’m asking you ... who are these ‘paid lackeys’ that are telling Moz what to post on Central?

If you’re going to make statements like those in your posts, then you should give names. I mean, it seems that you must be an insider and work in ‘Moz’s camp’ if you’re able to make such claims such as there are ‘yes-men’ and ‘paid lackeys’ telling Moz what to post on Central.

And who are the people that make up ‘Moz’s camp’? Sam, Damon and Morrissey as far as can be seen.

You mean recently? So I’m asking you ... who are these ‘paid lackeys’ that are telling Moz what to post on Central?

If you’re going to make statements like those in your posts, then you should give names. I mean, it seems that you must be an insider and work in ‘Moz’s camp’ if you’re able to make such claims such as there are ‘yes-men’ and ‘paid lackeys’ telling Moz what to post on Central.

And who are the people that make up ‘Moz’s camp’? Sam, Damon and Morrissey as far as can be seen.
Every time I read or type the term 'Moz's camp' or 'camp Moz' it makes me think of a camping trip. Under canvas...
Do you think their tent-flaps are open wide?

Every time I read or type the term 'Moz's camp' or 'camp Moz' it makes me think of a camping trip. Under canvas...
Do you think their tent-flaps are open wide?

Well, Morrissey may be able to see through everybody’s clothes, but some people think they can see through his tent ! which is surely closed.

:lbf::cool:

Haha. Wasn't that the Maker complaint?
Exactly. He wrote "Morrissey’s mother should sue the filmmakers on their misrepresentation of her curtaining, alone."

That part of the statement and the duffle coat mention were especially funny to me because Morrissey once said - a very long time ago, in 1984 - that he'd never wear a duffle coat and "I would find it absolutely impossible to speak to somebody if they were wearing a duffle coat, regardless of who they were or what their intentions were...". Seems like duffle coats are still cancelled and seeing the character wearing one in the film definitely hit a sore spot :lbf:

Correct me if I’m wrong here, Johnny didn’t knock on the front door, he went around to the back door , where Morrissey was sun bathing in the back garden getting his pale Manc arse tanned....

Correct me if I’m wrong here, Johnny didn’t knock on the front door, he went around to the back door , where Morrissey was sun bathing in the back garden getting his pale Manc arse tanned....
And Johnny then snapped this picture of him, which would become the cover of The Smiths' first single. It's all in the history books 😉

Morrissey-sunbathing-in-America-during-the-summer-of-1976..jpg

Chillax. Moz gets rid of anyone who doesn't go along with him. Everyone working with him is a yes man, or else they wouldn't be working with him. Hasn't he gone through enough labels and collaborators for it to be obvious? I don't know why you are being so sensitive about it when you know it yourself.

Chillax. Moz gets rid of anyone who doesn't go along with him. Everyone working with him is a yes man, or else they wouldn't be working with him. Hasn't he gone through enough labels and collaborators for it to be obvious? I don't know why you are being so sensitive about it when you know it yourself.

You’re changing the subject. I don’t know about him having ‘yes-men’ as you call them. Rather they can be called people that are in sympathy with his vision (musicians) and/or his needs (employees).
I see nothing wrong in hiring people that are not going to stand in your way or make your own work and life more difficult.

Anyway you said...

“Moz's paid lackeys tell him to post it on Moz Central.”

And I asked you who are these paid lackeys that are telling Moz what to post on Central ? I assumed with your statement that you had names, and reasons why they had so much influence over Morrissey.

Whatever.

Tags
johnny marr

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom