Roger O'Donnell (The Cure) - executive producer of "England Is Mine"

Simon writes:

A member of The Cure is an executive producer on the new Moz biopic!

Roger is an executive producer of 'England is Mine' - Chain Of Flowers

40363_Roger_England_is_Mine_credits.jpg

Roger is listed as an executive producer of the new unauthorized Morrissey biopic, 'England is Mine'.

40362_Roger_England_is_Mine_premiere.jpg

Roger at the premiere of 'England is Mine' at the Edinburgh International Film Festival on July 2nd, 2017. Thanks, @fmjews74.

It must have been tough being a closet Smiths fan in The Cure back in the day!
Also, say what you will about them, but Roger O'Donnell is a genuinely nice guy. Really cool to the fans.

Good one Roger! He's a top dude. He played so well on Disintegration and the subsequent Prayer Tour. He even waved to the audience in Dublin back during that amazing concert in the summer of 1989. It still remains the best concert I've ever been to.
I agree with g23: it must have been hard being a Smiths fan while being in The Cure. The funny thing is that although the two front men seemed to hate each other, the fans often loved both groups. I know I did.

It's more by opportunism ! Roger O'donnell is the kind of a man in his late 50s to be always surrounded by women 25 years younger than him. He's the cliché of a rich musician: he likes to brag he's the owner of several Ferraris.
He's a business man and one doubts very much he's a fan of Morrissey.

Musically, his way of playing keyboards is pompous, he"s always killed Just Like Heaven when playing it live. Disintegration is such a bloated goth romantic unbearable kitsch album for straight emo guys and romantic girls.
And ah the funny thing is he recorded an academic version of the adagio of Barber, without any depth: it was the intro tape of the Bloodflowers tour.

He's played keyboards with the Thomson Twins. That's ironic as well.

It's more by opportunism ! Roger O'donnell is the kind of a man in his late 50s to be always surrounded by women 25 years younger than him. He's the cliché of a rich musician: he likes to brag he's the owner of several Ferraris.

Musically, his way of playing keyboards is pompous, he"s always killed Just Like Heaven when playing it live. Disintegration is such a bloated goth romantic unbearable kitsch album for straight emo guys and romantic girls.
And ah the funny thing is he recorded an academic version of the adagio of Barber, without any depth: it was the intro tape of the Bloodflowers tour.
I hate straight emo guys and Ferraris, too!

3ef953114201acce53d9aaf27a35634c36133ce6cc53d5183d3a2755ad54f93c.gif

Are you a disgruntled girlfriend or groupie that "aged out"??? LOL

Are you a disgruntled girlfriend or groupie that "aged out"??? LOL

Actually I am jealous. If I could drive a Ferrari for one day it would make my day. :)

Good one Roger! He's a top dude. He played so well on Disintegration and the subsequent Prayer Tour. He even waved to the audience in Dublin back during that amazing concert in the summer of 1989. It still remains the best concert I've ever been to.
I agree with g23: it must have been hard being a Smiths fan while being in The Cure. The funny thing is that although the two front men seemed to hate each other, the fans often loved both groups. I know I did.

'He even waved to the audience in Dublin back during that amazing concert in the summer of 1989.'

what !? he actually 'waved back to the audience'?! intense!that's some crazy over the top fan and musician interaction going on there ! that surely makes Morrissey's shows tame in comparison, glad you didn't miss out on that experience! ;)

It's more likely that he part-financed the film or is a partner in a production company
As a executive producer he works with the finances of a film project so I guess he got himself a degree in economics away from the music. Just planning a new career being too old to be in a band.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_producer

More likely that he put up some of the money to make the film. Executive producers mainly don't do any actual work.

It's more likely that he part-financed the film or is a partner in a production company

More likely that he put up some of the money to make the film. Executive producers mainly don't do any actual work.

don't know, I heard he made a lot of cuts and changes on Robert Smiths behalf, making M look much happier than he actually was. ;)

Maybe the film will feature that seminal moment when young Steven went to see The Cure at the Lesser Free Trade Hall and music history was changed forever.

'He even waved to the audience in Dublin back during that amazing concert in the summer of 1989.'

what !? he actually 'waved back to the audience'?! intense!that's some crazy over the top fan and musician interaction going on there ! that surely makes Morrissey's shows tame in comparison, glad you didn't miss out on that experience! ;)
:) for someone from The Cure to wave and smile back in 1989 Prayer Tour was unusual compared to the solemnity of the rest of them. It made enough of an impression on me that I still remember it. Then again it was my first proper concert so it probably didn't take much to impress me :guitar:

I love Roger's keyboard playing. Quintessential Cure. They made their worst stuff when he was out of the band (latter part of the 00's).

It must be harder for Cure fans to age than it is for Smiths and Moz fans. Age and weight does not go well with mascara and panda outfits.

I saw a late 30's early 40 something woman in a Misfits shirt the other day. Sporting that look at that age did not seem to make here feel all comfortable and in Sweden every Misfits fan is part of the Antifa which means they are very angry and violent left wing terrorists.

One of them work at the local Coop store and she has had an impressive range of men she had kids with but in the end she had to work for a living instead of staying at home on benefits. Her current man sports a english style prison donkey jacket and walk about like he weighs a ton looking angry all the time.

It cannot be easy to come from broken homes and feel like there are nazis everywhere hating your guts when the fact of the matter their real enemies are people they don't even know exist.

This post is completely redundant of course as is everything in this day and age.

It must be harder for Cure fans to age than it is for Smiths and Moz fans. Age and weight does not go well with mascara and panda outfits.

I saw a late 30's early 40 something woman in a Misfits shirt the other day. Sporting that look at that age did not seem to make here feel all comfortable and in Sweden every Misfits fan is part of the Antifa which means they are very angry and violent left wing terrorists.

One of them work at the local Coop store and she has had an impressive range of men she had kids with but in the end she had to work for a living instead of staying at home on benefits. Her current man sports a english style prison donkey jacket and walk about like he weighs a ton looking angry all the time.

It cannot be easy to come from broken homes and feel like there are nazis everywhere hating your guts when the fact of the matter their real enemies are people they don't even know exist.

This post is completely redundant of course as is everything in this day and age.

Hello, IKEA? I bought a Böring thick stool in store yesterday and it seems to have a screw missing.

Hello, IKEA? I bought a Böring thick stool in store yesterday and it seems to have a screw missing.
Should have gone for german class instead buying a Göring. I am thick and wish I had just one screw missing.

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom