Rolling Stone Germany: April, 2020 - free CD with a Morrissey track

Not something you see too often these days, but I Am Not A Dog On A Chain features as a free track.

IMG_20200330_142447.jpg

Minor in collectible terms, but some will want it for novelty value I'm sure.
Thanks to Krix for the info.
Regards,
FWD.

I remember Spent The Day In Bed being included on their free Best Of 2017 compilation as well.

Eric Clapton there, looking like he's just been told Morrissey's political views are even more extreme than his.

How much would Leftieland spin off its axis if Morrissey made an album with Clapton?
Yes, it's true. We here at Leftieland were appalled by in August 1976 when Clapton made his racist rant, just as we are appalled by Morrissey's anti-immigrant, Islamaphobic rants. What part about Clapton's infamous drunken tirade did you in Rightieland like? According to Wikipedia's entry on Rock Against Racism:

"Eric Clapton made a drunken declaration of support for former Conservative minister Enoch Powell (known for his anti-immigration Rivers of Blood speech) at a concert in Birmingham.[2] Clapton told the crowd that England had "become overcrowded" and that they should vote for Powell to stop Britain from becoming "a black colony". He also told the audience that Britain should "get the foreigners out, get the wogs out, get the coons out", and then he repeatedly shouted the National Front slogan "Keep Britain White".[3][4]"

Eric Clapton there, looking like he's just been told Morrissey's political views are even more extreme than his.

It's not though. Eric's drunk rant was worse than anything Moz has ever said. Here's part of it:

20200330_214849.jpg

20200330_214809.jpg

Yes, it's true. We here at Leftieland were appalled by in August 1976 when Clapton made his racist rant, just as we are appalled by Morrissey's anti-immigrant, Islamaphobic rants. What part about Clapton's infamous drunken tirade did you in Rightieland like? According to Wikipedia's entry on Rock Against Racism:

"Eric Clapton made a drunken declaration of support for former Conservative minister Enoch Powell (known for his anti-immigration Rivers of Blood speech) at a concert in Birmingham.[2] Clapton told the crowd that England had "become overcrowded" and that they should vote for Powell to stop Britain from becoming "a black colony". He also told the audience that Britain should "get the foreigners out, get the wogs out, get the coons out", and then he repeatedly shouted the National Front slogan "Keep Britain White".[3][4]"

I don't live in Rightieland. I'm left wing. Leftieland is something else. It's where you take offence at someone else like they came round your house and slapped you in the face. You don't need to cry like a toddler who knocked over the Cheerios at everything. I find it quite amusing when people do.

Believe Eric Clapton also threw his son out of a window. Not a good person.

It's unbelievable that he built his whole career on the backs of black bluesmen and then he said that. It's also unbelievable how quickly he was forgiven for it.

Yeah. I'd heard about the rant, but the press almost never print what he said & they don't relentlessly denounce him as a racist.

Moz hasn't actually done any rants. He just chats about complicated issues & then gets pull-quoted forever.

Found another bit/version of Eric Clapton's speech. It's very repetitive so it gets edited a lot. (The full transcript used to be online, but I think his team get it taken down).

edit.JPG

Are The Guardian disgusted with Eric & do they hate him? No. No, they don't. In a 2018 review of a biography they don't even mention it.

Found another bit/version of Eric Clapton's speech. It's very repetitive so it gets edited a lot. (The full transcript used to be online, but I think his team get it taken down).

View attachment 55513

Are The Guardian disgusted with Eric & do they hate him? No. No, they don't. In a 2018 review of a biography they don't even mention it.

Better than any of the lyrics on Low In High School, I'll be honest

The fact that it took place 44 years ago and that he subsequently apologised will probably have something to do with that. Plus I don't recall his ever wearing or making his band wear 'f*** The Guardian' t-shirts.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom