ROTT Deluxe Edition/B-sides

Kevaxe2k2

Anyone know how many b-sides there are? When/If the Deluxe Edition comes out will it ONLY contain the b-sides released with the singles (say if he only releases 3 singles) or will it have all of them.

Erm... how can a b-side not be released with single?

Part of me can see one being released eventually, as Morrissey is pretty much the only artist who really makes any money for Sanctuary and they're desperate for any income at the minute. However, I would certainly hope they learn from the mistakes of the Quarry re-issue and include at least something that wasn't already released. Hell, even a write up of some sort in the booklet would be nice.

mspendl828 said:
Erm... how can a b-side not be released with single?

Valid point--I didn't explain myself too well, so much. Now, we were told that there was enough quality material for perhaps a double album. With YATQ he released enough singles to fill the deluxe edition with all the b-sides. So, say he only releases three singles from ROTT--I wonder if the deluxe edition will only contain the b-sides from those, or (space permitting) if it will include the other "quality tracks" that didn't make it as b-sides? OR, perhaps the deluxe edition will be released as a double album. One the album proper, and one all the b-sides--that would be awesome. Pardon my rambling.

Ah ha! I see what you mean.

Well, that's certainly something that could be done, although the problem then is that I can see it giving the impression that Moz/Visconti/Sancuary/whoever is saying "These songs weren't good enought to be on the album, or to be b-sides, but please pay another £15 to hear them!" which... well, I can see many people turning their noses up at that offer.

The only time that I can think of a band doing that is Less Than Jake, who released the b-side off the singles they released off their album Anthem along with other tracks recorded at those sessons as an album called B Is For B-sides but that was released entirely seperatly rather than as an add on with the 'mother album'.

I just can't see people wanting to spend money on an album they already have, b-sides they properly already have, and songs that weren't deemed good enough to be either album tracks or b-sides.

What might work though, if there's enough songs, is to release a stand-alone single with b-sides a few months after the release of the final ROTT single. At least then you get the songs released, but aren't charging an arm and a let for them.

Back
Top Bottom