"Rourke - Joyce - Gannon / Summer 2018" tweet - Something's going on...

42051_rourke-joyce-gannon.jpg

The Smiths members tease announcement - NME. Link from Shoplifterromo.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no The Smiths without Morrissey...period! There are some singers that are so iconic that any attempt to replace them is completely fruitless. Moz is irreplaceable as far as The Smiths goes. Journey found a singer that could match the vocal talent of Steve Perry, but that is no match for the charisma and presence that Morrissey exudes simply by walking on the stage. Same with INXS. The Smiths was incredibly larger that the sum of the parts.

I know there are The Cure haters here, but Robert Smith is the face and heart of The Cure. I remember seeing them in concert and mesmerized by his performance. There are just a few, very few lead vocalists that elevate a band beyond the sum of its parts. Oasis is an example that showed that either brother can carry the show. The Smiths will always be Morrissey and Marr and any watered down version of that is passable at best.

Reckon bull ox m8! Craig Gannon hasn't played guitar with anyone in years. I reckon these chaps should call their "tour" the "CAN'T AFFORD TO LIVE IN MOZ ANGELES SUMMER 2018 TOUR"

What is truly wonderful about this thread is that absolutely nobody has the slightest f***ing clue WHAT it is, yet here everybody is, blurbling on at the proverbial mouth. Wouldn't it be wonderful if it turned out to be something like a one month special event where they do music lessons for disadvantaged youths at the Salisbury steak boys club?

"Oh yeahr, What I meant to say is what a bunch of top blokes, giving back to the kids and that."
Oh, but it's soooo much fun speculating :D

Beautiful. And that's what's needed - she has the originality and strength of character to do it her own way, not some karaoke copy.

I've always admired her, but is she healthy enough to consider touring in 2018?

And if she is, surely she would want to primarily play her own songs rather than be part of a nostalgia act?

I've always admired her, but is she healthy enough to consider touring in 2018?

And if she is, surely she would want to primarily play her own songs rather than be part of a nostalgia act?
Yes, you're quite right on both counts. I suppose I was just talking hypothetically.

if this was a full reunion with all former members it would not be announced through some cryptic tweets,there would be a huge press conference with the worlds press,it would be that big,that is why its not happening.

Rick Astley is a huge smiths fan,micheal Shannon the actor is a huge smiths fan,both singers would jump at the chance to sing smiths songs.if it was done in a fun way rather than serious then get another singer in but don't call it a smiths reunion.

if this was a full reunion with all former members it would not be announced through some cryptic tweets,there would be a huge press conference with the worlds press,it would be that big,that is why its not happening.
I don't think anybody seriously thinks it is. But something is happening, which is tantalising and intriguing.

They most likely have a new project with a new name and singer. I’m sure these guys realized that together they have more of a chance at any new project they are involved in taking off rather than if they each were involved in seoerate projects. And who knows financially how well off they could be doing? I’m sure some of them have children and they are approaching pensioners age. My guess is it’s a last stich effort to put something together (less Moz), that will maybe garner enough interest to allow them to release something and maybe make a few bucks with a tour.

They most likely have a new project with a new name and singer. I’m sure these guys realized that together they have more of a chance at any new project they are involved in taking off rather than if they each were involved in seoerate projects. And who knows financially how well off they could be doing? I’m sure some of them have children and they are approaching pensioners age. My guess is it’s a last stich effort to put something together (less Moz), that will maybe garner enough interest to allow them to release something and maybe make a few bucks with a tour.

the likely singer will be that commie dork randy newman, notorious for his goose like vocals. he also has another connection with the Mozzer, he cancels most of the shows he is able to book due to 'fatigue'.:squiffy:
i dont think he flies so he has to be provided a ticket on a cruise from LA to the UK.

This would be the most interesting scenario imo

Sinead is not well. But she still has a fantastic voice. She sang at Shane Macgowan's huge 60th birthday concert in Dublin last week. Still amazing.

And that Bongo guy who stare out of portholes in his home tried to sing Linger while not dropping his wig and false teeth in the process as he mocked the death of Dolores like only he would with a tacky end to some song.

If you think Sinead doesn't look well I wonder what you would say about Shane, deary deary me.

I hear they're giving out handjobs at the train station bathroom to fund their retirement. It's gonna be a tough hill to climb, seeing as how they're only charging 5 squid a squirt.
Ah, you're just jealous because you're all the way over there and you can't partake :brows: :lbf:

Tags
classically smiths
Back
Top Bottom