RSD UK 2020: "Honey, You Know Where To Find Me" 10" vinyl released today (August 29, 2020)

Record Store Day (number 13) this year has seen a variety of changes.
Pre-covid, the plan (as per usual) was to release a long list of rarities and collectables.
People would then queue and try hard to get their wants lists met at their indie record store.
Februray 20, 2020, we shared a rumour sourced from the Reps that the 12" (thought at the time) was ready for listing.
This was confirmed the next day with a link to the physical product via 'Bullmoose'.
RSD was due to take place on April 18, 2020, but world events would bring about the end to this plan.
March 4, 2020, Central posted an image of several of these records saying there were 3 tracks on the B-side (there isn't a B-side).
That would indicate they were already made and ready to distribute, but have sat for 5+ months waiting.
RSD then announced (April 29. 2020) the revised plan to split the list up in to 3 and 'drop' over 3 dates with Morrissey being in the first one.

That all said, today finally sees the first of 3 scheduled 'drops' for the revised Record Store Day, 2020 in the UK.
Amongst many sees a Morrissey 10" transparent vinyl featuring: Honey, You Know Where To Find Me, Fantastic Bird, You Should Have Been Nice To Me.
All of these tracks were taken from the 2009 'Legacy Edition' of Southpaw Grammar.
Although bringing nothing new to the table, it was clear that the cover star was something Morrissey wanted on a record.
Lili St. Cyr was first suggested by Central as a cover star for When You Close Your Eyes back in June, '19.
The image was taken by Maurice Seymour Studio (Maurice & Seymour Zeldman).

Initially proposed single:
48605_48604_when_you_close_oprlgp.png

Source:
liliface.jpg

(Please see this excellent blog for a summary of her colourful life).

On to the vinyl (click an image to zoom):

20200828_162210[1].jpg
20200828_161508[1].jpg
20200828_161750[1].jpg

The product itself looks great with light behind it.

Around the edge of the record it reads:
"Play this side only. No Audio on other side. 33 ⅓ RPM. Morrissey: 1. Honey, You Know Where To Find Me 2. Fantastic Bird 3. You Should Have Been Nice to Me ℗ 2009 & © 2020 Morrissey under exclusive license to BMG Rights Management (UK) LTD...." (ends in usual copyright warning)
There is no matrix message on this vinyl.

Lots of indie retailers appear to be doing all sorts of innovative things to stay afloat during these difficult times.
This has included flexible ways to secure copies of items on the main RSD list by mail order, pre-ordering and some will offer the queue and hope approach too.
If you enjoy RSD and however you may be participating - best of luck.
The record, from a collecting point of view, is well worth owning IMHO.
Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Apologies for my absence of late but I’ve been working on some future merch with a professional graphic designer (if everything goes to plan should be in store for Christmas)

To mark R S D I shall belatedly release an exclusive limited edition photo from my recent shoot at Beechmount via little benny at BtBB merch HQ.

🇬🇧 :knife:

Apologies for my absence of late but I’ve been working on some future merch with a professional graphic designer (if everything goes to plan should be in store for Christmas)

To mark R S D I shall belatedly release an exclusive limited edition photo from my recent shoot at Beechmount via little benny at BtBB merch HQ.

Ay up, who could that be?? Lots of love from Benny x
IMG-20200830-WA0003.jpg

- little benny 🇬🇧 :knife:

Ay up, who could that be?? Lots of love from Benny x
View attachment 58749
- little benny 🇬🇧 :knife:
Looks to me like there might be a toe over the yellow line. I think we all know what that means. Trespass is a prosecutable offence. ...as is the theft of dying flowers for the dead. Why not hop the fence and pick fresh ones from the inside yard?

Same charges. Lol!

Looks to me like there might be a toe over the yellow line. I think we all know what that means. Trespass is a prosecutable offence. ...as is the theft of dying flowers for the dead. Why not hop the fence and pick fresh ones from the inside yard?

Same charges. Lol!

You haven’t got a 4kin clue have you ?
It’s NOT me you bellend.
What kind of fans come on this site ?
The penny hasn’t dropped yet but we got the “Big one” (it was all about timing :cool:)

Here’s a clue Dick Head. Check the tattooing :tiphat:

P S The BIG ONES are gonna cost top dollars

🇬🇧:knife:

Photo is proper. Font is a bit better. Placement? B+.

I’m digging the new guy as well. :)

I don’t mind the font to be honest.
Just love the fact that Steve is back on track with artwork and attention to detail like back in the old days. :thumb:

You haven’t got a 4kin clue have you ?
It’s NOT me you bellend.
What kind of fans come on this site ?
The penny hasn’t dropped yet but we got the “Big one” (it was all about timing :cool:)

Here’s a clue Dick Head. Check the tattooing :tiphat:

P S The BIG ONES are gonna cost top dollars

🇬🇧:knife:
You took me seriously?

Easy, tiger. I was taking the piss. ...and your added vinegar isn’t becoming. You do you though. Cheers!

I queued up all night for RSD in Manchester city centre was first in queue
Handed over my list of wants
Paid
Got in the car and realised the shithead who served me had included every requested selection on my list
Apart from the Morrissey one
Well done dumbo

Yet another chaotic Morrissey release. This can't all be BMG's fault, because the album releases have happened alright. But it has been obvious that BMG doesn't care at all about the single releases and the Morrissey "camp" has always been in disarray.

Yet another chaotic Morrissey release. This can't all be BMG's fault, because the album releases have happened alright. But it has been obvious that BMG doesn't care at all about the single releases and the Morrissey "camp" has always been in disarray.
Steve has shaken off 3/4 of his fanbase since 2017. No record company on the planet could justify spending any meaningful resource on him anymore.

What was chaotic about it

I queued up all night for RSD in Manchester city centre was first in queue
Handed over my list of wants
Paid
Got in the car and realised the shithead who served me had included every requested selection on my list
Apart from the Morrissey one
Well done dumbo

Serves you right for “queing up all night” during a pandemic for a rubbish release. Enjoy the COVID-19 as a free gift with purchase.
🦠🦠🦠

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom