sad sad day...it seems

doctor

i just got e-mail from my very reliable mozz suplier:

Dear franjo7734,

Hi, with regards to the item you kindly purchased from us we are very sorry to let you know that we have now had confirmation today that the Morrissey All You Need Is Me item is no longer going ahead for official release. Therefore we are unable to supply the item for you. We are very sorry and unfortunately it is completely out of our control. I have subsequently via pay pal issued a full refund for you. I will also open a mutual agreement for you which if you agree to it will close the transaction and you will not be asked to re-pay for the item. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact. Kindest Regards and sincere apologies Feelgoodinc090505.

any neeews???

dont know about you but i think that AYNIM promo cd is only format of this single that will appear(appeared already) so i have to buy it asap

:-(

Oh noes

sadpug1.jpg

wai?

as mentioned in a previous post, Moz thinks the single won't do well (i.e. it won't make the top 20). it'll be his biggest flop since the dark and distant days of the 1990's. Radio 2, Britain's biggest station, has withdrawn their support. inexplicably, THPGU was their most played single for two weeks but AYNIM isn't even on the C list. Moz has a serious case of the jitters; no-one feels the pain of chart failure more acutely than he does.

he thought those days were behind him. he had become a platinum-selling act with arena tours and singles in the top 10. finally a proper pop star and not the indie also-ran he was becoming in the 90's.

commercial failure at this point would effectively be a victory to the NME-implying that he can't succeed without their support.

if only Moz (or the record company) had come here and seen our poll which showed that a massive 20% of the fanbase didn't buy THPGU but would (along with the rest of the fanbase) buy AYNIM, as it's a much better song and has new stuff on the b-sides...

This is ridiculous, it really is.

So what if it isn't a massive hit. Who honestly remembers the last 10 songs to hit #1 in the singles chart? let alone any that went top 10 or whatever. I feel that the singles market has become almost meaningless now and Morrissey is far enough into his career that this stuff should be irrelevant. Put out the singles that you are most proud of, that's what matters. Or don't put out singles at all, just albums. Maybe throw out the odd download. Whatever. Don't try to compete with an industry that doesn't know what it wants but whatever it might want they want it quick and filled with cash. The industry's in a pretty bad way right now. I don't think the 'majors' have ever been quite so evil.

Of course this is all just speculation but to completely cancel the release of a single as opposed to just pushing it back a few weeks does suggest that all is not well at Camp Moz.

Probably a rubbish time to ask if we're getting that 'Special Exclusive Release' we've been promised for months... ;)

as mentioned in a previous post, Moz thinks the single won't do well (i.e. it won't make the top 20). it'll be his biggest flop since the dark and distant days of the 1990's. Radio 2, Britain's biggest station, has withdrawn their support. inexplicably, THPGU was their most played single for two weeks but AYNIM isn't even on the C list. Moz has a serious case of the jitters; no-one feels the pain of chart failure more acutely than he does.

he thought those days were behind him. he had become a platinum-selling act with arena tours and singles in the top 10. finally a proper pop star and not the indie also-ran he was becoming in the 90's.

commercial failure at this point would effectively be a victory to the NME-implying that he can't succeed without their support.

if only Moz (or the record company) had come here and seen our poll which showed that a massive 20% of the fanbase didn't buy THPGU but would (along with the rest of the fanbase) buy AYNIM, as it's a much better song and has new stuff on the b-sides...

I really envy your direct link into Morrissey's brain. :rolleyes:

as mentioned in a previous post, Moz thinks the single won't do well

Sorry if it was said before, probably I didn't pay enough attention, but I have a question. How do you know he thinks the single won't do well?

Anyway, it's not good news, I'm sorry for all those who were hoping to get the single. :(

oh bugger...
is this ACTUALLY true?? anyone had cancel emails from reputable firms like HMV?
i ordered mine from recordstore yonks ago, and have heard nowt...

i truly hope this is all rubbish and it will be out next monday. :tears:

We’re getting in touch to let you know that all or part of your recent order from hmv.com has been cancelled:

Order no: 17018117

Qty Format Artist Title Price
1 SS MORRISSEY ALL YOU NEED IS ME/MY DEAREST £3.49

We have been informed by the suppliers that this item has been discontinued from their catalogue, as the manufacturer is now longer producing the item. It has therefore been cancelled from your order. Please note that you have not been charged for this item.

hmv.com has one of the most complete and up to date databases in the world. However, obtaining confirmation of discontinued titles can take time to be communicated to us from the distributors. We always endeavour to keep our catalogue as up to date as possible, and the product page on the web site is being updated to reflect this deletion.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment that this may have caused.

Regards,

Online Customer Service Team
hmv.com
help & information
My Account
Help
Homepage
Call us: 0845 603 8576

oh bugger...
is this ACTUALLY true?? anyone had cancel emails from reputable firms like HMV?
i ordered mine from recordstore yonks ago, and have heard nowt...

i truly hope this is all rubbish and it will be out next monday. :tears:

Last edited:
Well I'm disappointed.

I just hope the B-sides see the light of day at some point. I can think of reasons why this might happen that aren't necessarily bad in the grand scheme, but I was looking forward to hearing the new songs soon so I'm still bummed. :tears:

this means that the value of the promo is going to go through the roof , i am kinda glad i already got one

but it is also a shame because i really was looking forward to the B-Sides , it does seem very late in the day to cancel

also what about this special release that has been promised , be that ends up being the unreleased b-sides

... im of mixed emotions , i have never known this to happen before

Just been posted on the main page

"Just to let you know that the Morrissey single All You Need Is Me has been cancelled by the record company, sorry for the inconvenience caused, apparently the record company decided to cancel it as the new album will be released sooner than expected!!!?"

This close to the release date the singles were probably already manufactured. It's an expensive form of backpedaling. But perhaps he's realized he needs to write some stronger material?

Just been posted on the main page

"Just to let you know that the Morrissey single All You Need Is Me has been cancelled by the record company, sorry for the inconvenience caused, apparently the record company decided to cancel it as the new album will be released sooner than expected!!!?"

What???? :confused:
So instead of the single we'll be getting the new album soon?
I don't know what to think now.

Well I'm disappointed.

To say the least I'm truly disappointed, truly, truly, truly

Since when has chart success mattered!? really .....

pffftt that stupid Umbrella song was number one for about 30 years so it proves nothing about how good the artist is (I use the term artist very loosly :p)

Hmmm
it's quite unfair.... for Morrissey too, I guess.
:(

Tags
hysteria! morrissey new single
Back
Top Bottom