Saint Laurent Smiths shirt

David T better put THIS on the front page as a news story:

full

https://www.farfetch.com/ar/shoppin...print-t-shirt-item-14112389.aspx?storeid=9462

YSL is owned by Kering: https://www.kering.com/en/

The company which also owns GUCCI saw net revenue of €13.665 billion in 2018. So I don't know what the f*** that lady at Spillers was doing but whatever it was, it def did not put the spotlight on her as having good business acumen.

Black shirt available at Saint Laurent site:

THE SMITH T-SHIRT - Saint Laurent
$420
ROUND NECK, SHORT SLEEVE JERSEY T-SHIRT.
100% COTTON
MICRO-RIBBED COLLAR
SHORTER RAW-EDGE HEM AT BACK
STYLE ID 588103YBHI21095

Last edited by a moderator:
Smiths fans are gullible enough to purchase this t-shirt. They still believe that Johnny Marr was as important to the band as Morrissey. :lbf::lbf::lbf: They will fall for anything.
Emoji-boy here spouts on all-day about Johnny Marr and the dole. ...but somehow mama’s boy has enough free time to change his name and registration everyday, to circumvent the fact that everyone has him on block.

He’s happy wearing the loser troll thing like a redneck in a hijab on Halloween.

I wore that to Morrissey's first solo gig in Wolverhampton back in 88'. Would've kept it if I knew it would be worth that much.

I'm curious if the band members make any money from licensing this image. Because all the shirt is doing is appropriating an image of the band and slapping it on a shirt. It's amazing how various industries manage to monetize other people's work and image while the artists themselves make so little from their own work. I'm thinking album sales here. The difference between the amount of money Morrissey, Marr, et al would make from the sale of a Meat is Murder record/download/stream vs. the amount of money that YSL would make from selling one of these shirts is just such a perfect example of everything that is wrong with the music industry and with fashion.

Wow bud. Check your f***ing labels. ALL sweatshops in China, Bangladesh or India. Where do you think boutique clothiers make their shitty, over-prices wares? Stoke-on-Trent?

Your post just made the daily top-5 most ignorant posts in Poland.

f***in’ twat.
I always check my labels and only wear fair trade, organic natural and stylish ensembles, Cloth ears.
Your post has not a titter of wit, style or charm. If you're going to troll at least try to expand your vocabulary beyond expletives and abuse. There are sweatshops outside of the three countries you mentioned but I was talking about China in relation to a comment in another post. As Captain Maiwearing would say, do try to keep up you stupid boy.

Wow bud. Check your f***ing labels. ALL sweatshops in China, Bangladesh or India. Where do you think boutique clothiers make their shitty, over-prices wares? Stoke-on-Trent?

Your post just made the daily top-5 most ignorant posts in Poland.

f***in’ twat.
I always check my labels and only wear fair trade, organic natural and stylish ensembles, Cloth ears.
Your post has not a titter of wit, style or charm. If you're going to troll at least try to expand your vocabulary beyond expletives and abuse. There are sweatshops outside of the three countries you mentioned but I was talking about China in relation to a comment in another post. As Captain Maiwaring would say, do try to keep up you stupid boy.

Emoji-boy here spouts on all-day about Johnny Marr and the dole. ...but somehow mama’s boy has enough free time to change his name and registration everyday, to circumvent the fact that everyone has him on block.

He’s happy wearing the loser troll thing like a redneck in a hijab on Halloween.

That is an anonymous post, you can’t block individual anonymous posters without blocking all anonymous posters.

David T better put THIS on the front page as a news story:

full

https://www.farfetch.com/ar/shoppin...print-t-shirt-item-14112389.aspx?storeid=9462

YSL is owned by Kering: https://www.kering.com/en/

The company which also owns GUCCI saw net revenue of €13.665 billion in 2018. So I don't know what the f*** that lady at Spillers was doing but whatever it was, it def did not put the spotlight on her as having good business acumen.

Black shirt available at Saint Laurent site:

THE SMITH T-SHIRT - Saint Laurent
$420
ROUND NECK, SHORT SLEEVE JERSEY T-SHIRT.
100% COTTON
MICRO-RIBBED COLLAR
SHORTER RAW-EDGE HEM AT BACK
STYLE ID 588103YBHI21095

I wouldn't pay that price for any tshirt even if one of The Smiths was in it.

The shirt will sell out because of who makes it, not because of who’s on it. There were kids lining up a few years ago to buy that Supreme shirt with Morrissey on it who’d certainly never heard a note of his music.
They should be dropped without parachute into war torn starved parts of the world to learn the true value of money. That's if they survive the drop.

Its clearly aimed at the same fashionistas who wear Ramones/Sex Pistols T Shirts and couldn't recognise one of their tunes if it came on their car radio.
They wouldn't recognise it even if Johnny Rotten came on their car radio, or even if he came on their car upholstery.

$420 USD hmm but only 295 euros on the European versions of their site, which converts to about $331 USD and 255 GBP which is about the same.
but if you're ordering from the European version of their site to be shipped to the US you'll have to pay import fees on top of the price, which are usually about 30%

i bought a better made one of these on ebay for 10 dabs, bet the picture was ironed on at Blackpool front.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom