Salford Lads Club Frink Thread

Jukebox Jury

Retired
Please post pictures of yourself posing outside the iconic Salford Lads Club:guitar:

Jukebox Jury
*goes off to find pictures of self to post*

Not great pics, but hey, you asked for it....

Me and my cousin, we were'nt expexting our picture to be taken, hence the mess.....:o
PB180132-1.jpg

The obligatory tattoo snap....:guitar:
PB180133-1.jpg

God i think I need to go back, looking a bit more glam:eek:....Hate photos of myself..... any excuse to go back.....

Not great pics, but hey, you asked for it....

Me and my cousin, we were'nt expexting our picture to be taken, hence the mess.....:o
PB180132-1.jpg

The obligatory tattoo snap....:guitar:
PB180133-1.jpg

God i think I need to go back, looking a bit more glam:eek:....Hate photos of myself..... any excuse to go back.....

Hey I was admiring your tatoo after the Birthday gig..In the bar

This was my intended front cover of Morrissey's Manchester:cool:
Taken in October 2001, my eldest is the one on the left in the City shirt and my youngest being 'Johnny' at the back:guitar:
(She kept saying ''Why am I at the back, I'm the smallest!'')
The publishers said 'no' for two reasons.....
1. As reds they wouldn't put a City shirt on the front cover:thumb:
2. Said it had to have The Smiths or Morrissey on the front.

I just thought it would be cool to have four girls on the cover outside the Lads Club:guitar:

Jukebox Jury
aawrb6.jpg

Taken in October 2001, my eldest is the one on the left in the City shirt and my youngest being 'Johnny' at the back:guitar:

I just thought it would be cool to have four girls on the cover outside the Lads Club:guitar:

Jukebox Jury
aawrb6.jpg

Great photo but for a moment I thought your daughter was called Johnny.
I think that would have made a great cover or, you could have had The Smiths on the actual cover and then that photo on the inner sleeve.

I must try to find my photo!

Love PTxx.

4601_88291113591_504698591_1769584_8045069_n.jpg

back in long-hair days... :p

Jukebox Jury
aawrb6.jpg

Oh yes, great idea/pic and great girls!

lets have this bigger and an official cover for unrealeased Smiths stuff

Oh yes, great idea/pic and great girls!

lets have this bigger and an official cover for unrealeased Smiths stuff

And there lies another story......
I asked the parents of the other two girls if they didn't mind me taking the picture and it being front cover of the book..... both had no objections......

I then had a chat with my ex..... she was asking me how the book was going and i said ''I wasn't too sure whether to include stuff about the Moors Murders.... I have emailed a few people to gauge opinion to see what they say''.
The next thing, the mother of the girl posing as Morrissey (the mother being a complete f***ing freak as it is) sends me a letter via a solicitor saying i must give her the name and address of the publisher as she did not consent to her daughter being on the front cover on a book about the Moors Murders.:crazy:

I slipped a letter through her door saying
''I do not yet have a publisher so cannot provide you with that information. Also, I have no idea about me writing a book about the Moors Murders. Can I suggest you refer back to your incorrect source of information and let them know they are talking out of their arse. If indeed he / she has one to talk out of''.
I never heard back from her or her solicitor, or indeed from my ex, on the subject:D

Jukebox Jury

How i dearly wish i could post my picture here :(
i have to do the trip next time moz comes to manchester..

ps. JJ if you need a replacment for the girl i'd be happy to fly over with my little sister :D

my first visit in February 2001, the club was not open at least that day, was a cold Sunday noon, as you see no fences yet, all the area was exactly as I have seen in pictures for years and years. Me and my friend have been taking there by two adorable fans who I met here in the chat room and never heard about them again sadly, but it was such a lovely gesture, and I felt an enourmous gratitude till these days.

Last edited:
2nd with my fav Moz fan:D
This year with the fantastic moz bus tour. Although Salford has really suffered some changes since 2001 was one of the happiest days of my life in the last years to be there once again, what I felt inside the Smiths room is something I can´t describe, as much as what I felt when I was in the club in 2001, this place is unique.
dsc03303b.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Jukebox Jury
aawrb6.jpg

JJ, great pic! lovely,

love this thread:thumb:

2006 before the first gmex show.
my friend geoff (xsuedeheadx on here) and i (on right, looking sloppy)
p1010026.jpg

thanks, phil, for driving us there.

I asked the parents of the other two girls if they didn't mind me taking the picture and it being front cover of the book..... both had no objections......

I then had a chat with my ex..... she was asking me how the book was going and i said ''I wasn't too sure whether to include stuff about the Moors Murders.... I have emailed a few people to gauge opinion to see what they say''.
The next thing, the mother of the girl posing as Morrissey (the mother being a complete f***ing freak as it is) sends me a letter via a solicitor saying i must give her the name and address of the publisher as she did not consent to her daughter being on the front cover on a book about the Moors Murders.:crazy:

''I do not yet have a publisher so cannot provide you with that information. Also, I have no idea about me writing a book about the Moors Murders. Can I suggest you refer back to your incorrect source of information and let them know they are talking out of their arse. If indeed he / she has one to talk out of''.
I never heard back from her or her solicitor, or indeed from my ex, on the subject:D

Jukebox Jury

Aarrgghhh, how stupid/ too coward to ask for excuse can people get!

Hope the girl is not too ionfluenced by crazymum

Still a shot with (different) girls would be great as a cover!

Jukebox Jury

so it was an easy break up then ....

2nd with my fav Moz fan:D
This year with the fantastic moz bus tour. Although Salford has really suffered some changes since 2001 was one of the happiest days of my life in the last years to be there once again, what I felt inside the Smiths room is something I can´t describe, as much as what I felt when I was in the club in 2001, this place is unique.
dsc03303b.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

and it was lovely to meet you x

Tags
burn it down
Back
Top Bottom