San Diego, CA - North Park Theatre (Aug. 21, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Staircase At The University / Kiss Me A Lot / Speedway / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / One Of Our Own / First Of The Gang To Die / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / The Bullfighter Dies / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Yes, I Am Blind / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / My Dearest Love / I Will See You In Far-Off Places // Now My Heart Is Full

setlist provided by sdsuedehead, correction by an anonymous person

• CrowdAlbum:

Last edited:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was he really in good spirits? Because, I don't know, I can get my head around the absence of any Smiths songs but no Meat Is Murder? That is the headscratcher for me.

He really belted out the songs last night, he owned it. The band seems really into it too. I am a little confused why no MIM, but you have to take a break from animal rights sometime or you get really depressed.

Can anyone recall where Yes, I Am Blind appeared in the set list?

- - - Updated - - -

After everyday is like Sunday I think?? It was in the last 3rd of the set or so if I remember correctly.

Oh I missed this post, ta. How confident are you it was after EDILS?

Can anyone recall where Yes, I Am Blind appeared in the set list?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I missed this post, ta. How confident are you it was after EDILS?

Relax, fool. You're like the milk-monitor at school.

Poor imbasilic fools who are happy he didn't play any Smiths songs! Are you guys retarded? I was at Thursday nights show and loved each and every smith song he sang!!! La Raza Unida nunca sera divida!

So Morrissey has taken Smiths songs out of his playlist, what triggered this? Was it a reaction to the Larry King interview. He can be so petty at times.

Pleasantly surprised to hear there are no Smiths songs. I really don't want to hear Morrissey's band butcher those songs anymore. This sort of solo-only setlist could swiftly tempt me back to attending shows, so I hope it's not a one off.

lmao same! (about Morrissey's band not butchering those songs anymore)

- - - Updated - - -

So Morrissey has taken Smiths songs out of his playlist, what triggered this? Was it a reaction to the Larry King interview. He can be so petty at times.

Yeah i'm wondering that too.

So he eventually grabbed a blue rose? THEY WERE SO PRETTY. I kept thinking about how those people waiting in line all day to hold blue roses up by the stage for the entire show only to be ignored.

GREAT SHOW. THE BAND OUTDID THEMSELVES. But I forgot how uncomfortable general admission shows are. To make it worse, I ended up getting sandwiched between two (2) PASSIVE AGRESSIVE GIRLS WHO WERE TRYING TO BLOCK ME FROM TAKING MY SPACE. I swear, they were so weird. They were with neither each other nor the people on the other sides of them. They had plenty of room. They stared straight ahead and I made a point to talk to each one of them to tell them I would be taking my space, WHICH THEY DID NOT DISPUTE. BUT THEY CONTINUED TO TRY TO BLOCK ME OUT. Then one of them thought she was saving the space for her friends, but luckily they were not assholes like her and did not try to push me out. In fact, I LOVED THEIR OFF-KEY SINGING TO "YES, I AM BLIND" (and other songs.)

I LOVED THAT THERE WERE SO MANY "WORLD PEAS" (yum!) SONGS AND NO SMITHS SONGS. I LOVED THAT HE DID NOT TRY TO UPSET MY BELLY FULL OF VEGAN TAMALES WITH ANIMAL SLAUGHTER VIDEOS, BUT I STILL WANTED TO HURL FROM THE VIDEOS OF DIRTY COPS SHOOTING DOGGIES. :( :( :(

He played this fun song in the pre-video montage!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Be_Young,_Gifted_and_Black

Thanks for listening to me and dropping Meat is Murder Mrs. Wolf. We've seen the video enough since 2011. We get it.

He was really into the Mexican theme tonight. I felt like I was a at a cheap Mexican restaurant in the San Fernando Valley. I like how he just threw the Mexican flag on the ground after waiving it..isn't that kind of disgraceful to Mexico? Morrissey said he was Pebble La.

That guy who played the acoustic guitar solo is better than Jesse. Jesse looks like he has cerebral palsy when he is trying to play. I guess he gives the best foot massages in the hotel after the shows.

Why does he wait until the very end during the encore to finally take the Blue Rose out of pity for the person holding it up the entire show?

I looked around and counted the Mexican faces, then counted the European faces. Europeans were outnumbered 10:1. Marketing genius.

Anonymous-

This was the most disappointing Morrissey concert I've ever been too. Most of the tracks are from his worst 2 albums (the last 2) and the reason the audience was mellow was because they weren't into the songs. It was almost as if he were withholding any songs we might actually like. Even Speedway, which is one of my favorites, lost all of its thrill in translation. In fact, all of the Spanish lyrics he threw into the tracks really took away from the songs, rather than having artistic value. We get it -- you have Mexican fans. Why not treat your fans to songs they want to hear?

Shit my phone must have deleted YES I AM BLIND when I was clapping... I remember having to retype Crashing Bores... The song DID get played after SUNDAY.. Sorry about that folks!

Obviously he doesn't change the set list too much at all during a tour, but with even just two new performances of this song nicely filmed for Corden and King, I know I'm getting a bit sick of it. I look at the band and wonder how much they must be over this song by now. It's not exactly musically complex, and it doesn't allow any real room for unique expression night to night.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was the most disappointing Morrissey concert I've ever been too. Most of the tracks are from his worst 2 albums (the last 2) and the reason the audience was mellow was because they weren't into the songs. It was almost as if he were withholding any songs we might actually like. Even Speedway, which is one of my favorites, lost all of its thrill in translation. In fact, all of the Spanish lyrics he threw into the tracks really took away from the songs, rather than having artistic value. We get it -- you have Mexican fans. Why not treat your fans to songs they want to hear?

01. Suedehead
02. Alma Matters
03. Staircase At The University
04. Kiss Me A Lot
05. Speedway
06. Ganglord
07. World Peace Is None Of Your Business
08. Istanbul
09. One Of Our Own
10. First Of The Gang To Die
11. Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed
12. The Bullfighter Dies
13. Everyday Is Like Sunday
14. Yes, I Am Blind
15. The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
16. Kick The Bride Down The Aisle
17. My Dearest Love
18. I Will See You In Far-Off Places
19. Now My Heart Is Full

So he exchanged

Let The Right One Slip In / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / What She Said / Will Never Marry / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Meat Is Murder

for

One Of Our Own / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Yes, I Am Blind / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Kick The Bride Down The Isle / My Dearest Love

I don't find this too bad to be honest and at least the people who attended both nights got to hear six other songs.

And there were just 9 out of 19 songs from his previous two albums. Just saying.

Poor imbasilic fools who are happy he didn't play any Smiths songs! Are you guys retarded? I was at Thursday nights show and loved each and every smith song he sang!!! **racists stuff deleted**

Yeah, how could people not want to hear Smiths songs???

Wowzer !
The Gimmick song has been dropped !
He must have discovered the word hypocracy at last. Well done Steven.

Benny-the-British-Butcher ������

The Gimmick song will be played tomorrow at the FYF Fest as the hispanic's eat there bacon wrapped hotdogs.

Yeah, how could people not want to hear Smiths songs???

I mean, i'm glad his band won't butcher The Smiths songs anymore, but there's a part of me that agree with it. I just feel like the fans who are saying the are glad he didn't sing any smiths songs are the fans who want to believe his solo music is as good or even better than The Smiths music. Also, a lot of people are happy he didn't sing MIM because lbr, it was dull af.

They weren't really mellow in that people weren't into the songs because everyone in the front sang mostly aside from maybe kick the bride and my dearest love. They just weren't as pushy as the night before. A lot more respectful of people.

Of the pre show videos, anybody know who the clown performer was? I really liked that song.

Overall good effort and quality set list. I was only disappointed and a bit miffed at first of the gang to die, which sounded like a polka tune

Obviously he doesn't change the set list too much at all during a tour, but with even just two new performances of this song nicely filmed for Corden and King, I know I'm getting a bit sick of it. I look at the band and wonder how much they must be over this song by now. It's not exactly musically complex, and it doesn't allow any real room for unique expression night to night.

Not sure if we were at same concert, they were so into it. One thing thoug, bands pants are so tight, can see there manliness. o
not that i am complaining, wish Morrissey would weare tight pants, man is well hung. oops, did i say that out loud
Mozzers stock is going up! man is on fire.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom