Santa Ana, CA - The Observatory (May 8, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / Ganglord / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / That's How People Grow Up / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / I Have Forgiven Jesus / Yes, I Am Blind / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Meat Is Murder / Trouble Loves Me / First Of The Gang To Die / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday / The National Front Disco // Asleep / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by !Viva Hate!

Last edited:
Worst show ever.

Morrissey sang beautifully and the band was tight, but I didn't particularly have a good time. Only stage invader was that blue rose society kid. I was in the second row and have long hair. WHen the music started everyone started pushing and pinned my neck back, by the time the show was over I was in agony since I have a herniated disc. Morrissey came to my side of the stage only a few times, mostly hung out singing to the other side. He looked lovely from what I could barely see. He wore a chevron shirt under a blazer the whole show. I couldn't hear any of the comments he made, the sound was shit where I was.

Also the blue rose kid thing is pre-arranged, Morrissey's security helped him on stage. He's part of the act I think.

It's not pre-arranged! Morrissey has been receiving roses from the BRS for ages and plenty of people have told you about this. He mainly accepts blue roses and even did so in Live25 as you say. Morrissey has been doing weird things predicted by MW for months and years now! It's dead easy - take a blue rose and offer it. He'll try to receive it!

Now we have a conspiracy theory in which Moz is plotting to help a BRS member on stage!

Guys, MW is NOT MOrrissey - nothing to do with him.

But Morrissey appreciates and loves BRS. That's why he always accepts blue roses and why he's worn them 5 or 6 times by no, which he never does to any other flowers.

Great review. Sorry you missed Kristeen Young. I haven't seen a review of her support slot yet.

OMG she fell down last night. She kept singing too but she was behind the sheet. I've seen that happen once before, maybe it's a thing she does to elicit sympathy. She sounds better with a band. I was a good girl, I didn't heckle her only to say NAME YOUR BAND.

OMG she fell down last night. She kept singing too but she was behind the sheet. I've seen that happen once before, maybe it's a thing she does to elicit sympathy. She sounds better with a band. I was a good girl, I didn't heckle her only to say NAME YOUR BAND.

She tripped over her mic cord during Fantastic Failure one time.

Perhaps this is her gimmick?

She tripped over her mic cord during Fantastic Failure one time.

Perhaps this is her gimmick?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. "Look how strong I am that I keep singing without skipping a beat."

SUPER SICK SHOW! Moz was on fire. manage to bring in my camera, I'll post pics on my FB page later this evening. Hopefully Saturday, since the crowd will be predominantly the "casual" Morrissey fan, he'll play more HI-ENERGY hits to sass up the crowd. I'm glad I went to last nights show, he played some good gems for us die-hards. New stuff sometimes doesn't go down too well when first played live, but Bull Fighter sounded well. nice arraignments maybe add some more Solomon to it to groove it out more, crowd seemed to have rocked out to it. Jesse's solos were pretty spectacular. For Saturdays gig, we need some Last of the Famous, Shoplifters, Loop, Sister I'm, Certain Ppl, Ripper, Now My Heart, etc etc. apologies to any one whom the my ganja bothered, didn't Morrissey say he liked the smell?

I went to see Ken Dodd couple of years ago, and I liked it so much I decided to go and see him again the next night. Total waste of money. The f***er was telling all the same jokes. :(

I went to see David Byrne after hearing a boot of his Toronto show weeks earlier. Not only did he play the exact same set, he also recited the exact same "banter" between the same songs. So, for all these disappointed Moz fans, it could be worse. ;)

Blue rose society is bullshit. Just some fat lesbian rockabilliy crap to make themselves feel good about something. And as far as that kid, i dont know him but i hope that 10 years from now he is still into Morrissey and not the equivalent of a yolo/swag fag in 2024. I just find it hard to believe that this kid's young mind can comprehend a song like Life Is a Pigsty or Trouble Loves Me.

I went to see David Byrne after hearing a boot of his Toronto show weeks earlier. Not only did he play the exact same set, he also recited the exact same "banter" between the same songs. So, for all these disappointed Moz fans, it could be worse. ;)

Same here. Really disappointed, saw my hero (well, next to Morrissey of course) Noel Gallagher, two consecutive nights at UCLA a few years back, same shit are your David Byrne, same f***in banter with a word tweaked out here and there, both nights, wore pretty much the same outfit to boot.

Worst show ever.

Morrissey sang beautifully and the band was tight, but I didn't particularly have a good time. Only stage invader was that blue rose society kid. I was in the second row and have long hair. When the music started everyone started pushing and pinned my neck back, by the time the show was over I was in agony since I have a herniated disc. Morrissey came to my side of the stage only a few times, mostly hung out singing to the other side. He looked lovely from what I could barely see. He wore a chevron shirt under a blazer the whole show. I couldn't hear any of the comments he made, the sound was shit where I was.

Also the blue rose kid thing is pre-arranged, Morrissey's security helped him on stage. He's part of the act I think.

Power to the kid, but yeah it's jumped the shark now it was "cute" the first and second time, but now at every gig? C'mon. Cute kid and all but just as you said, its all prearranged. The kudos a fan gets from the crowd is bc you've battled it out with security to reach the ultimate hand shake from the man himself a well earned handshake, bc as we know security at Moz gigs have ALWAYS been assholes. when you're almost expected to jump on stage and security helps you up, that's not a victory. A victory would have been those 3/4 fans that were desperately trying to get up on stage or at least close enough to secure a handshake. (side-note; I was on the first tier above the pit towards the left, when all of the sudden a young 20-something 100lb girl went flying from the 1st level tier into the pit, I could SWEAR someone flung her into the pit, per her request no human can possibly jump/fly that far on their own. THAT would have been the ULTIMATE victory)

Power to the kid, but yeah it's jumped the shark now it was "cute" the first and second time, but now at every gig? C'mon. Cute kid and all but just as you said, its all prearranged. The kudos a fan gets from the crowd is bc you've battled it out with security to reach the ultimate hand shake from the man himself a well earned handshake, bc as we know security at Moz gigs have ALWAYS been assholes. when you're almost expected to jump on stage and security helps you up, that's not a victory. A victory would have been those 3/4 fans that were desperately trying to get up on stage or at least close enough to secure a handshake. (side-note; I was on the first tier above the pit towards the left, when all of the sudden a young 20-something 100lb girl went flying from the 1st level tier into the pit, I could SWEAR someone flung her into the pit, per her request no human can possibly jump/fly that far on their own. THAT would have been the ULTIMATE victory)

Glad you were there Jil, we hung out at the Fonda gig.

Glad you were there Jil, we hung out at the Fonda gig.

Yeah, I remember you clearly. Hows your neck? Pits at Moz gigs can leave one with permanent physical injuries, i'll be in it tomorrow night. Hopefully security will be just as dumb-down as last nights and I can bring in my camera.

Yeah, I remember you clearly. Hows your neck? Pits at Moz gigs can leave one with permanent physical injuries, i'll be in it tomorrow night. Hopefully security will be just as dumb-down as last nights and I can bring in my camera.

I have a GA ticket but I think I'm hanging back. Are you queueing early? I heard a rumor there are several doors and they open them at the same time so it's a crapshoot if you get the right door. Neck is better after a good night's sleep and a boatload of ibuprofen.

I have a GA ticket but I think I'm hanging back. Are you queueing early? I heard a rumor there are several doors and they open them at the same time so it's a crapshoot if you get the right door. Neck is better after a good night's sleep and a boatload of ibuprofen.

Heck no. I'm too old to line-up. I'll be at the bar knocking them back, make my way in during Tommys set and wiggle my way down front a little. don't need to be front center, mid back in the pit is fine by me. some of these newbie fans in the pit are a little too overzealous for my liking. Never been to a gig at this venue, so I'm looking fwd to that and scoping it out, having grown up in its neighborhood and finally seeing the inside is really turning up my curiosity. So long as it doesn't have the same pit entrance policy the f***in Wiltern has (even if you bought a floor pit ticket, if the front pit is full, you have to stand in the 2nd level GA area. I went to go see a band there and figured since my ticket says floor and I'll hang back at the bar during the opening and turn up just in time for the headliner, only to be turned away and relegated back to that rear GA area.)

So, this orchestrated BS from those blue rose clowns is becoming very irritating. Why can't the shows be about the music and not some silly, utterly ridiculous concept?

Is it because over the recent years, Morrissey has been trudging through with some poor songs and poorer setlists?

That low rent Morrisseysworld blog seems so much like that goofball that runs the Mozziah site--I swear they are partners or the same person.

This site will always be above those because of the freedom of expression allowed here. Even though those laplickers claim to avoid this site, they come here as well--for sure.

I'm sorry to read this as I'd hoped you'd be rewarded after a night on the sidewalk. I'd joked about this, but I did wonder how other fans would behave and if you'd be injured because people didn't realise you were vulnerable. Why is your long hair relevant? Did someone grab your locks trying to reach Morrissey? I've seen mad things in the pit at his shows, not nice behaviour at all. At least you're home (I assume) and will have time to rest before tomorrow's show. Who is 'that blue rose society kid'?

- - - Updated - - -

Morrissey's 'appearance' was sold out, so there would not have been any room for the audience of the other bands to squeeze in to the main space.

The blue rose kid is just parents pawning their child because their fat ass can't make it up onto the stage trying to get attention. Honestly , the blue rose thing is always the same people and they are quite rude. There are all of these people paying to see a show but somehow they have to be the only fans and nobody else can be there to enjoy themself apparently because all eyes need to be on them at all times. Kind of selfish , really. Especially since they got that idea a much stupider way than they care to divulge the truth about .It's easy for them to carry on because certain others never make it to any of those shows.Including the person they stole that idea from.Makes it a lot easier for them to carry on with their lie. UM OTHER PEOPLE DO PAY TO SEE THE SHOWS.NOT JUST THEM.

So, this orchestrated BS from those blue rose clowns is becoming very irritating. Why can't the shows be about the music and not some silly, utterly ridiculous concept?

Is it because over the recent years, Morrissey has been trudging through with some poor songs and poorer setlists?

That low rent Morrisseysworld blog seems so much like that goofball that runs the Mozziah site--I swear they are partners or the same person.

This site will always be above those because of the freedom of expression allowed here. Even though those laplickers claim to avoid this site, they come here as well--for sure.

They got the blue rose idea from a person who anonymously commented about blue roses once on that blog. They then decided to adopt it as their own theme assuming they were somehow enlightened or brilliant and to the fullest extent abuse it to gain attention at concerts and they think they are the only people who understand Morrissey. It's kind of funny how it is often mentioned that people do not like the anonymous posting on THIS site but they stole that idea from an anonymous person because they thought it was cool and now that person is so irritated they don't feel like bothering to even listen anymore. The attention whoring is very self centered and ridiculous .They pretend like they are an ass kissing positive suck up group of fans but apparently don't realize that they are hypocrites. The person they borrowed that from thinks that they are not as wonderful as they seem to think they are.Oh well, I suppose it gives annoying people who are OK in life a chance to feel like they are somehow misunderstood outsiders when they are actually normal. Now I understand why in the early early days people used to crack that Morrissey was for fake douchey people . I can see it now . I never wanted to believe it but this proves it .Thinking objectively is not allowed. You should see some of the awful things one of them does. Stalks people, chases them down, acts like a jerk towards anyone who does not worship the same way they do, isn't very broad minded.Funny thing is none of them ever did get along with the person they got that idea from and now that person would never want to ever talk to them at all.

I am unimpressed with the lyrics on the new songs. Why is he singing about stupid shit like bullfighters. If these three songs are the best material on the new album, it's going to be very disappointing.

To call this album the sequel to Viva Hate is not valid. Viva Hate was very "English", so far the material on this album wouldn't even be good B-sides and have a Spanish sound to them.

Before I get clobbered by negative remarks, I have been a Smiths/Morrissey fan since the mid-80's and have been following his career for 30 years. I love his music and respect the man. However, the lyrics are lazy, there is better written material in his Autobiography.

The music sounds very Spanish, not my cup of tea. He has been plagued most of his solo career with poor sound. I wish he would allow better producers and musicians in.

However, at the end, new Morrissey material is better than no new material. I'm sure there will be a few songs that will be added to my regular listening catalog.

If that BRS BS is too complicated for your mind, you can still just stick to the music and ignore the rest.

Defending a website by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession, you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom