Sat Dec 19th - Gary Day DJs at How Does It Feel To Be Loved? in central London

ianw

Gary turned in such a storming set when he DJ-ed at HDIF in the summer that we've asked him back for our Christmas party at The Phoenix. Should be a great night!

:)

How Does It Feel To Be Loved?
Saturday December 19th
The Phoenix, 37 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0PP, three minutes walk from Oxford Circus tube station, 9pm-3am, £4 members, £6 non members. Membership is free from www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk
Guest DJ: Gary Day

We play: The Smiths * The Supremes * The Go-Betweens * Dusty Springfield * Belle & Sebastian * Love * Tammi Terrell * Aztec Camera * The Ronettes * Orange Juice * Beach Boys * The Temptations * Velvet Underground * Felt * The Shangri-Las * Primal Scream * Otis Redding * The Field Mice * Dexys Midnight Runners * Camera Obscura * The Four Tops * Melba Moore * The Orchids

Here's the blurb for this:

Hello!

We're very pleased to say that this Saturday is the HDIF Christmas Party! Come and dance the night away on the last big weekend before Christmas. Our guest DJ is Gary Day, who played bass on "Your Arsenal", "You Are The Quarry" and "Ringleader Of The Tormentors" by Morrissey. Gaz is a superb rock'n'roll DJ, and had the club hopping when he last guested at HDIF. And alongside our usual mix of indie pop and soul, we'll be throwing in some festive songs courtesy of Phil Spector, Low and the like, as well as more than a few choice favourites by The Smiths.

Also, every year I make up a compilation of soul songs for some friends, and this year's one turned out rather well, so I thought I'd burn a few off for HDIF-ers. There'll be 50 CDRs on the door - first come first served. It's a 21 track CD of very upbeat, danceable soul songs - we listened to it in the car yesterday and our two boys were doing handclaps along to it - and I'll be playing quite a few of the tracks on Saturday, so it'll be like an instant memento of the night.

Indie song of the week: "Jeane" by The Smiths. It's been an age since we've played this classic.
Soul song of the week: "Da Doo Ron Ron" by The Crystals. This song always sounds like Christmas to me.

There's no HDIF on New Year's Eve this year, so this Saturday is the last HDIF of the year, and the last HDIF for a month, as there's no Brixton HDIF in January as always. Hope you can make it along!

Any requests? What would you like to hear?

Ian x

------------

How Does It Feel To Be Loved?
Saturday December 19th
The Phoenix, 37 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0PP, three minutes walk from Oxford Circus tube station, 9pm-3am, £4 members, £6 non members. Membership is free from www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk
Guest DJ: Gary Day

Our Christmas party!

We play: The Smiths * The Supremes * The Go-Betweens * Dusty Springfield * Belle & Sebastian * Love * Tammi Terrell * Aztec Camera * The Ronettes * Orange Juice * Beach Boys * The Temptations * Velvet Underground * Felt * The Shangri-Las * Primal Scream * Otis Redding * The Field Mice * Dexys Midnight Runners * Camera Obscura * The Four Tops * Melba Moore * The Orchids

Tags
club gary day hdif london phoenix
Back
Top Bottom