SER: "A Larks' Tongue In April" - Morrissey interview - Morrissey Central (24 June, 2019)

The Interview. - Morrissey Central
June 24, 2019

A LARKS’ TONGUE IN APRIL.

conversation with Morrissey,

April 2019, by Sam Esty Rayner.

*we apologize for the delay in printing this interview.

Excerpt:

"sam:
You cancelled 6 shows in Italy because of the incident. People are beginning to think your middle name is Cancellation.

M:
I know. But, as far as I can see, many bands cancel and nothing is ever said about it. The song and dance made about my cancellations is usually from people who wouldn’t go to the concert in the first place.

sam:
But you will play the Canada dates?

M:
Yes.

sam:
Is your hand bad? Obviously it’s covered.

M:
The stitches are out now but if I had shaken anyone’s hand last week blood would have spurted. That’s not a nice greeting.

sam:
I don’t think anyone ever believes that you’re ill, or that you fell, or whatever.

M:
I know. Generally colds and flu are passed on to me, and there’s nothing you can do when your voice is your instrument. I go to abnormal lengths to avoid colds."

PastedGraphic-1.jpg

full

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/234417-the-interview

Covering a lot of recent (and old) topics.
Full transcript reproduced below in parts (due to word limits).
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
You have no life plans. You'll still be in that bedsit in 20 years time waxing on about clothes you can't afford. Tough of me to say it but also true.
i buy all the stuff i want. it's not for no reason that im in massive debt. :lbf:

anyway I weren't to talkin to you. you aint my baby bear. you aint nothin but a BPC

You have no life plans. You'll still be in that bedsit in 20 years time waxing on about clothes you can't afford. Tough of me to say it but also true.
actually you know what you remind me of? I worked at this store once and there was this guy who would take his elderly mother shopping. his mother was this nervous little thing and her son was a real dick. once when she was getting confused about something he raised his hand to her as though he were about to sock her one. she let out a shriek that made everyone turn, aghast at what we witnessed. anyway, one day he told one of the girls who had worked there 2 years (and was studying to be a ballerina) that she "wasn't going anywhere".well the point is, you remind me of him. you have that same baffling and unsavoury anger in you. you just love to try to bring people down, and you just hate that it doesn't work with me. you know what i said to that guy when he said that to my coworker: I said "coming from the man who beats his mother", then I stared him down. he avoided me from then on. they always do.

I don’t think I know the reference from the title of “A Larks’ Tongue In April.” Can anyone fill me in?
Never mind the reference. Look at where Sam stuck that apostrophe!! A Lark is a bird. Tongue belongs to. Therefore Lark’s tongue. Sorry to be judgemental, but I’m generally right about the use of apostrophes being revealing of how well-read or enlightened somebody is.
Pilgrimupnorth

"Diversity can't possibly be a strength if everyone has ideas that will never correspond.
The man is a prick. So his response is homogeny? Should we just revoke the rights of LGBT, black people and women etc. so we can all be the same and have our individualities quashed? It reads like a petulant 14 year old wrote it. It probably has resurfaced from one of his teenage diaries.

If borders are such terrible things then why did they ever exist in the first place? Borders bring order."
Borders exist and existed to limit and control peoples. So he now he wants contolled populations? That's just sinister.

"The people who reduce every conversation down to a matter of race could be said to be the most traditionally 'racist'," I agree. And that's why he finds himself in a racist shite-storm because he won't stopped banging on about immigration, race and borders. Tit.

"Everyone ultimately prefers their own race ..."
Do they? Facts on this please? This is cretinous in the extreme. It falls directly into the category above therefore Morrissey may claim not to be 'racist' but can he now claim not to be 'traditonally racist' when he brings all of his own controlled and mainpulated 'interviews' onto the subject of race?

"The UK is a dangerously hateful place now," "I think we need someone to put a stop to the lunacy and to speak for everyone."

How would he know? He doesn't like in the UK. And who exactly could ever speak for everyone? More naive nonsense from a man out-of-step.

I think you've missed the point here.

"Diversity can't possibly be a strength if everyone has ideas that will never correspond.
I think what Moz is trying to say is that people and cultures are different and when you try and implement these together you cause problems because people have their own ideas of what the world should be like.

If borders are such terrible things then why did they ever exist in the first place? Borders bring order."

Borders do bring order - yes, and I think it's safe to assume that Moz has given up on humanity (quite some time ago). But again, this question links nicely to the first, as do the answers; mixing cultures together doesn't seem to work even if the idea and intention is good.

"Everyone ultimately prefers their own race ..."
I said this earlier - people prefer their own... let's say skin colour, religion etc. That's not to say they are not tolerant of others but push come to shove people do seem to ultimately choose those who are the 'same'.

"The UK is a dangerously hateful place now," "I think we need someone to put a stop to the lunacy and to speak for everyone."
He doesn't have to live in the UK to know this, it's reported daily in the news. And just because he doesn't live in the UK doesn't mean he can't have an opinion of it, especially when most of his family live there.

i buy all the stuff i want. it's not for no reason that im in massive debt. :lbf:

anyway I weren't to talkin to you. you aint my baby bear. you aint nothin but a BPC
Actually you can’t. You work for close to minimum wage and are up to your eyeballs in debt which makes it unlikely you can get more, so it’s a no on that front.

I'm looking forward to hearing this new album from Morrissey. I feel like since there's been a few trips to the wilderness like Maladjusted - Quarry and Refusal - World Peace it now feels like the pipes are flowing again. If we get this new album in 2020 we've had four albums in 5 - 6 years which is pretty good. Oh and a compilation :)

I’m looking forward to talking about your behaviour on the Refusal tour in Germany
Still one of the great moments
Oooooh, that snarling face, Adumb.

actually you know what you remind me of? I worked at this store once and there was this guy who would take his elderly mother shopping. his mother was this nervous little thing and her son was a real dick. once when she was getting confused about something he raised his hand to her as though he were about to sock her one. she let out a shriek that made everyone turn, aghast at what we witnessed. anyway, one day he told one of the girls who had worked there 2 years (and was studying to be a ballerina) that she "wasn't going anywhere".well the point is, you remind me of him. you have that same baffling and unsavoury anger in you. you just love to try to bring people down, and you just hate that it doesn't work with me. you know what i said to that guy when he said that to my coworker: I said "coming from the man who beats his mother", then I stared him down. he avoided me from then on. they always do.
Only 1 person this site has doxxed someone’s private medical details and advocates artists being able to f*** children because ‘art’ or some strange reason and it’s not me.

PS my mother endorses this message LOL

Interviews aren't interrogations........unless you want to really piss off the person. Sam wasn't doing a Guardian hit job.
Not an interrogation. But when you’re in the public eye and ma
Everyone inherently prefers their own race. Also you are using the (pretty recent in human history invention) word racism wrong

Prefers their own race? The human race??

back to the topic of MORRISSEY: do yall suppose he'll show up for his Vancouver shows in October? cause I might just hang around until then (save up as much money as I can, etc), if it means getting to see him again. I really want to see him again. also to hang out in Vancouver for a week or two (hey lighthousework, wanna meet up?! :lbf:)

He won't cancel on you again! I promise! (I can't promise that)

Everyone inherently prefers their own race?

TINA DEHGHANI. Is he suggesting that this “lifetime constant” who provided him with “uncluttered commitment” was some Pride & Prejudice relationship? Is he Mr D’arcy, finding himself with feelings “despite myself”?

He’s digging for excuses and some sense of rationale to back up his stupid political views. He’s failing, miserably.

Morrissey has said before that his nephews have never eaten meat, though I'm sure I read once that he bought his nephew something(can't remember what it was) to try and persuade him to become vegetarian.

Actually you can’t. You work for close to minimum wage and are up to your eyeballs in debt which makes it unlikely you can get more, so it’s a no on that front.

oh okay, thanks for letting me know the state of my finances :lbf:

by the way, ive got like a million $1000+ dollar coats I need to get rid of. if anyone wants any let me know!

oh okay, thanks for letting me know the state of my finances :lbf:

by the way, ive got like a million $1000+ dollar coats I need to get rid of. if anyone wants any let me know!
That would mean you've got a billion dollars worth of coats. You don't.

You might have 3 or 4 tops. Even despite taking on a hefty credit card debt you're still relatively poor.

Morrissey has said before that his nephews have never eaten meat, though I'm sure I read once that he bought his nephew something(can't remember what it was) to try and persuade him to become vegetarian.
I think it was something to do with a poster of Pamela Anderson for PETA, that if it takes a sexy image of a woman to make a teenage boy think about not eating meat then do be be it.

That would mean you've got a billion dollars worth of coats. You don't.

You might have 3 or 4 tops. Even despite taking on a hefty credit card debt you're still relatively poor.
I have about 20. some i have 2 of in different sizes, since my weight tends to fluctuate so at the time I was obsessed with having them in different sizes. I can post pictures of them all if you like and you can let me know if you want one for your girlfriend or mom or whatever....you'd have to pay postage though, and im not sure you could afford that.

I have about 20. some i have 2 of in different sizes, since my weight tends to fluctuate so at the time I was obsessed with having them in different sizes. I can post pictures of them all if you like and you can let me know if you want one for your girlfriend or mom or whatever....you'd have to pay postage though, and im not sure you could afford that.
You live in a bedsit. Where the f*** are you puttng 20 coats plus, other shit?

Thanks for the offer of the coats, but I'll pass. Both my girlfriend and my mum are super slim so they'll no doubt be too big.

You live in a bedsit. Where the f*** are you puttng 20 coats plus, other shit?

Thanks for the offer of the costs, but I'll pass. Both my girlfriend and my mum are super slim so they'll no doubt be too big.
some of them are a size 2. like I said, my weight fluctuates a LOT. they'd probably be too young though, since some of them are Sonia by Sonia Rykiel, see by chloe, marc by marc Jacobs, alice & olivia, shrimps., r13. all younger brands. but there's some marni, Isabel marant, carven, a.l.c. mainline marc in there as well.

and I have two large closets, both of which are full to the brim, and the rest are in boxes.

I should mention that most of what I have was procured without racking up debt since for a while i was able to save $1000 a month. what you don't understand is that I PURPOSELY racked up debt. I didn't have to, but I wanted to be forced out of the situation im in now. this decision to leave Canada has been a long way in the making. I knew for a long time that what my writing lacked was urgency, and this I hope to achieve when living on the streets (of course im going to keep a few of my fancy schmancy coats, because I intend to be a posh street person).

some of them are a size 2. like I said, my weight fluctuates a LOT. they'd probably be too young though, since some of them are Sonia by Sonia Rykiel, see by chloe, marc by marc Jacobs, alice & olivia, shrimps., r13. all younger brands. but there's some marni, Isabel marant, carven, a.l.c. mainline marc in there as well.

and I have two large closets, both of which are full to the brim, and the rest are in boxes.

I should mention that most of what I have was procured without racking up debt since for a while i was able to save $1000 a month. what you don't understand is that I PURPOSELY racked up debt. I didn't have to, but I wanted to be forced out of the situation im in now. this decision to leave Canada has been a long way in the making. I knew for a long time that what my writing lacked was urgency, and this I hope to achieve when living on the streets (of course im going to keep a few of my fancy schmancy coats, because I intend to be a posh street person).

My girlfriend is younger than you :lbf:

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom