SER - cryptic FB post re: B sides

The Facebook post is limited audience so I didn't post it as you probably won't see it - so pictured instead:

41444_ser_bsides.png

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
The deluxe WPINOYB tracks were the equal of the album itself so it would be a joy to get the unheard LIHS stuff.
I'm with you there, but I was the only person who couldn't stomach Art-hounds. The other five tracks on disc two were the type of songs I've been waiting to hear from Morrissey for ages, especially Drag The River.

I'm with you there, but I was the only person who couldn't stomach Art-hounds. The other five tracks on disc two were the type of songs I've been waiting to hear from Morrissey for ages, especially Drag The River.

Agreed totally. 'Drag the river' is a masterpiece!

I saw a tweet from someone who seems to have inside knowledge, Implying that there might be a deluxe version of the album in a few months.

If true, I'm all for it. Just when we're getting a bit bored of the new album, we'll have some new songs to look forward too.
If there is a deluxe version planned I would like a new sleeve. Too much to hope for?

"Forgive Someone" was my favourite of all the WP songs (although it had a demo-like synth backing track that could be improved upon):

"The black peat of the hill when I was still ill - see this mess and forgive someone" How beautifully evocative of the past was that?

Morrissey has always had killer b-sides, so I am hopeful of something special having been pushed to the back by the more proselytising songs on the album. And yes, a new sleeve please.

My guess would be that Sam just isn't aware of You'll Be Gone and Judy being covers?
He was fully aware before any of us got our hands on the single:

20171120_123850.png

Regards,
FWD.

If there is a deluxe version planned I would like a new sleeve. Too much to hope for?
I think the pop up shop posters of the kid standing, holding up a sign with LIHS on it would have made a better cover.

I think the pop up shop posters of the kid standing, holding up a sign with LIHS on it would have made a better cover.

Agree. I’m not a giant fan of the current photo cover especially since they had so many other great photos of him sitting in the shopping cart etc but it’ weird I think to have text on the cover that’s not the title so prominently displayed

As I've said before I took the best extra tracks and put them with the best album tracks and made a good album out of them.

I think it is presicely the bonus tracks that made World Peace a good album. Personally, I find the 12 songs on Low In High School a stronger and more cohesive set than the 12 of WP.

Agree. I’m not a giant fan of the current photo cover especially since they had so many other great photos of him sitting in the shopping cart etc but it’ weird I think to have text on the cover that’s not the title so prominently displayed

I may be wrong but I suspect he wanted to call the album 'Axe the Monarchy' but the record company wouldn't allow it. so this was the compromise.

As I've said before I took the best extra tracks and put them with the best album tracks and made a good album out of them.

Interesting.
This is how I listen to WPINOYB (on the rare occasion when I do):

World Peace Is None Of Your Business
I'm Not A Man (edited to remove intro/outro)
The Bullfighter Dies
Kiss Me A Lot
Smiler With Knife
Mountjoy
Oboe Concerto
Scandinavia
One Of Our Own
Drag The River
Forgive Someone
Art-hounds (edited to remove intro)

Interesting.
This is how I listen to WPINOYB (on the rare occasion when I do):

World Peace Is None Of Your Business
I'm Not A Man (edited to remove intro/outro)
The Bullfighter Dies
Kiss Me A Lot
Smiler With Knife
Mountjoy
Oboe Concerto
Scandinavia
One Of Our Own
Drag The River
Forgive Someone
Art-hounds (edited to remove intro)

Kiss Me a Lot
One of Our Own
Staircase at the University
Smiler with Knife
Forgive Someone
Istanbul
Drag the River
Neal Cassady Drops Dead
Julie in the Weeds
Mountjoy

I like this combination much more than Low in High School, just musically much more pleasant with less annoying lyrics; definitely his best set since the post-maladjusted hiatus.

I think that BMG are planning to release WPINOYB with its new front cover sometime early next year (probably Feb/March to coincide with the tour).

Based on the success of that, they might move towards releasing a compilation album containing the WPINOYB bonus tracks, the 2011 Janice Long session songs, and previously unreleased LIHS bonus tracks.
Considering the length of time Morrissey promoted Action Is My Middle Name, and the extent to which he included People Are The Same Everywhere and One Of Our Own in his setlists, it would seem appropriate to give them an official album release. Also, if this is the case, BMG might have suggested not releasing any new b-side material for LIHS so that the compilation can be promoted as containing new material.

My guess is he's talking about the current b-sides. If the Ramones cover is any indication , I'm in. Its a pretty fierce performance. You'll be gone hopefully will be as good. Wonder if they will all be live tracks?

Let's hope it is a new b side comp. It would be a good money maker

I think that BMG are planning to release WPINOYB with its new front cover sometime early next year (probably Feb/March to coincide with the tour).

Based on the success of that, they might move towards releasing a compilation album containing the WPINOYB bonus tracks, the 2011 Janice Long session songs, and previously unreleased LIHS bonus tracks.
Considering the length of time Morrissey promoted Action Is My Middle Name, and the extent to which he included People Are The Same Everywhere and One Of Our Own in his setlists, it would seem appropriate to give them an official album release. Also, if this is the case, BMG might have suggested not releasing any new b-side material for LIHS so that the compilation can be promoted as containing new material.

Isn't this just what you hope will happen?

I may be wrong but I suspect he wanted to call the album 'Axe the Monarchy' but the record company wouldn't allow it. so this was the compromise.

It does seem that way which would maybe account for the tossed off feel of low in high school as a title

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom