SER Twitter & YT: Morrissey Live In Birmingham trailer (May 21, 2021)

One thing I did notice was how many young people were there and enjoying newer material. I didn't totally get the impression the audience were moribund, but the venue didn't help I guess.

Always great to see & hear that the younger generation is thinking for themselves, recognizing the brilliance that is Morrissey. Obviously they ignore the media and refuse to be dogs on a chain!

So there just may be some hope for this world after all.

Viva Moz !!!

:thumb:

Statement from Morrissey:
"The slapdash release of Morrissey Live in Birmingham is done by Rayner without any consultation to me whatsoever, and is in breach of the terms as laid out by himself in an agreement made for the film between Rayner and my ex-manager. Being Rayner, predictably the trailer is appalling. It is the work of cash-hounds, and I urge people NOT to watch it. I am not signed to YouTube, and no royalties from this film will come to me. Please spend your time elsewhere. Thank you, MORRISSEY."

Statement from Morrissey:
"The slapdash release of Morrissey Live in Birmingham is done by Rayner without any consultation to me whatsoever, and is in breach of the terms as laid out by himself in an agreement made for the film between Rayner and my ex-manager. Being Rayner, predictably the trailer is appalling. It is the work of cash-hounds, and I urge people NOT to watch it. I am not signed to YouTube, and no royalties from this film will come to me. Please spend your time elsewhere. Thank you, MORRISSEY."

the troubling thing is that, although I can see that this is fabricated for humour's sake, I didn't know for sure right away.....

the troubling thing is that, although I can see that this is fabricated for humour's sake, I didn't know for sure right away.....

That's because it's based on this:

"The slapdash release of Morrissey: Live at the Hollywood Bowl is done by Warner without any consultation to me whatsoever and is in breach of their terms as laid out by themselves in an agreement made for the film between Warner and my ex-manager.
Being Warner, predictably the sleeve art is appalling. It is the work of cash-hounds, and I urge people NOT to buy it. I am not signed to Warner, and no royalties from this DVD will come to me. Please spend your money elsewhere. Thank you, MORRISSEY."

Yeah - I remember a few years before this, UK gigs full of passionate fans jumping up and down, and mayhem as people crowdsurfed to get on stage or get a handshake. Then I turned up to this, and everyone was just stood there motionless like zombies. Very odd atmosphere. I couldn't quite work out what had changed.

Looking at the setlist it's disproportionately LIHS heavy... so I'm not too surprised by the tepid crowd reaction mentioned here. When he toured later in 2018 I recall the setlists being much stronger and even including classics like "William, It Was Really Nothing," "Break Up The Family" and "Dial-a-Cliche."

I'm looking forward to the new concert video......and I didnt know Travis Barker was a Morrissey fan.

Attachments

• 188136764_901910650374080_1905332488961061013_n.jpg
    188136764_901910650374080_1905332488961061013_n.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 0
Always great to see & hear that the younger generation is thinking for themselves, recognizing the brilliance that is Morrissey. Obviously they ignore the media and refuse to be dogs on a chain!

So there just may be some hope for this world after all.

Viva Moz !!!

:thumb:
You don't need the media to tell you that his new material sucks, you just need ears.

But Morrissey himself wouldn't watch that...He'd watch the Eurovision song contest...Or he'd keep an eye on the competition at Worthy farm...

If someone wanted to organise a big ol‘ live listening party on zoom, I’d be up for that.

Bouncers on the door, of course. Keep Skinny out.

Last edited:
Everything seems now past Morrissey. Asap Rocky won't help. Having to promote the viewing of a solo gig through a Smiths song just shows that.

😑

same trolls who never been to any gigs posting pap🤥
about this wonderful show😳
THANK YOU MOZ AND SER FOR THIS SOLID:bow:
trolls, you are prohibited from watching:censored:

Ive seen Morrissey 3 times in Birmingham and each time has been very different, the first time was on the 2nd Quarry tour at the NIA when he had PJ Harvey as support for some reason the promoters booked a massive venue when he was just starting to draw a decent sized audience again, on the previous quarry tour the vibe and audience were
absolutely amazing but the NIA was about 30% of the capacity and though Morrissey was brilliant, it was a disappointment. Fast forward to 2015 at the NIA again (although renamed) the gig, the vibe, the set list was fabulous, the place was rammed and a good time was had by all. The gig that Sam is promoting wasn't great, even during Irish blood as the encore, the crowd were completely static which was really odd for a Morrissey gig.

On central instagram they posted a video of Durand Kevin where he wears a Morrissey T-shirt, I don't know him, Because Morrissey every time someone wears a T-shirt from him posts it?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom