Morrissey Central & SER YT: “Once Upon A Woman’s Body” (October 30, 2021)

Pretty nice track. No question about the content. Rehashing the same failures at heterosexual coupling that he recounted on Pretty Girls Make Graves in 1984! "I lost my faith in womanhood" indeed! I's think he'd be over it by now and doing more in the way of celebrating his success at same-sex coupling as he did in Dear God Please Help Me.

Pretty nice track. No question about the content. Rehashing the same failures at heterosexual coupling that he recounted on Pretty Girls Make Graves in 1984! "I lost my faith in womanhood" indeed! I's think he'd be over it by now and doing more in the way of celebrating his success at same-sex coupling as he did in Dear God Please Help Me.

‘rehashing’ is a bit harsh, no? Nevertheless, even today, original. We must admit who else would put it the way he has and here does? We could only assume he still feels (ill) that it’s necessary and of importance that those words/ experience should exist in the form of a song, and a song like this should exist in this world. Before it was hidden behind poesy, now, he doesn’t give a f**ck and is just laying it out, with no one getting laid.

So long ago, and yet ....

Morrissey has several themes he will express in music until he's gone. This is one of them.

Not sure the lyrics are necessarily anti-female, just because the narrator couldn't get aroused. Maybe she was just a complete munter? :unsure:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom