Morrissey Central & SER YT: “Once Upon A Woman’s Body” (October 30, 2021)

The track source volume is 102.8 db - the 'normal' figure for gain is ~89-90 db.
Shame, as the quality detracts from the song - both tracks being studio demos then uploaded in potato quality to YT.
A shame. Both these newly-released demos sound terrible, soundwise. I know they are only rough demos, but in these days of modern soundfile recording, nothing should sound like 10th generation cassette copies.

Presumably either Sam cocked up along the way, or he's holding onto the pristine files for a potential later actual release?

‘.... oh, you ran back to ma ....”

Yeah this one’s very good, lyrically far more interesting than ‘If Saturday’ though it’s melody reminds me of a couple other songs of his. With some work on the music, this one should have been released.
As far as the released songs go,
so far this one’s up there with ‘I Couldn’t Understand Why People Laughed’ for me.

Very nice.

By the time and Blue Dreamer’s

I need to sit with this new one a bit longer to come to an opinion, but so far 3/3 are better than the majority of low in high school and dog on a chain.
It's a shame these likely won't ever get an official release.

Dear Morrissey, Sam or anyone with leverage

Keep the music flowing and drop Bonfire. If it’s an independent, online release, then so be it. Remember there are plenty of folk who still truly appreciate Morrissey as an artist - his voice is indefatigable.

Thanks for the demos

RELEASE BONFIRE
I feel like Moz will exhaust all possibilities regarding major labels before he does this. He desperately wants to be on one even though he never seems to get on with them.

I feel like Moz will exhaust all possibilities regarding major labels before he does this. He desperately wants to be on one even though he never seems to get on with them.
It's quite strange really. He's a anti-mainstream rebel, and he's intentionally helped to cater that image. Going the independent route would reflect that a lot better. God imagine the bullshit press it would get though, if he did go independent.
I guess he wants reach and a level of mainstream success. You see a lot of mainstream rappers who have a similar image, so they aren't mutually exclusive.

Thanks again. I’m not sure what to take from the lyrics
Yes. Is it about a man lying with a woman, but he can't perform because it's not his true nature. And the parents are basically saying "you need to find a woman and make a home of your own because we won't live forever and you'll end up alone."

quite openly gay lyrics. god bless him
I don't get your 'god bless him'. Is it meant to be condescending or am I reading you wrong? Openly gay lyrics are not something to be pitied or smirked at (unless they are funny).

Thanks to @TheSmiths_1985 for spotting this.
Another “lost” track, this one co-written with Jesse Tobias.

Edit: also a Central post.

Prefer this one to the other leak, but both are good, ignoring the poor sound quality. The synths sound a bit like Boards of Canada, and it’s good that he hasn’t regressed into his past chug rock self for the presumed Bonfire sessions.
It seems to me like these are a way of promoting himself, another nudge towards record companies, perhaps? Like the old requirement that a band would need a demo tape to be signed by a major label?
Some of this recent spark of Central activity seems to be pointing towards...something - I just hope Bonfire gets released at some point, in some shape or form in the future.

Who are the two? The woman, the mother, and the man (Moz?). In the end 'he has divined' his true nature?
Yes, if you read the lyrics, the female voices are in quotes. On first reading it sounded like it was one person, but that made it a bit Oedipal.
Regards,
FWD.

There’s surely the (welcome) influence of Goblin, in the music?

That's interesting. I wonder if that's a thing that happens in such a moment - everything falls into place.
I thought that I was transgender until I lost my virginity.

Yeah - I guess it's easier to ignore emotional thoughts than to ignore a physical reaction.

The audio quality is obviously poor, but the song itself is awesome. I don't quite understand the last two lines of the song but it's never mind . I'm enjoing the song now . Both "leaks" are really great !

Regarding the vocal melody delivery and vibe, the two songs that first came to mind are This Is not Your Country and Home is a Question Mark, there may be others.

Last edited:
Prefer this one to the other leak, but both are good, ignoring the poor sound quality. The synths sound a bit like Boards of Canada, and it’s good that he hasn’t regressed into his past chug rock self for the presumed Bonfire sessions.
It seems to me like these are a way of promoting himself, another nudge towards record companies, perhaps? Like the old requirement that a band would need a demo tape to be signed by a major label?
Some of this recent spark of Central activity seems to be pointing towards...something - I just hope Bonfire gets released at some point, in some shape or form in the future.

You'd send it to them directly.

I'd hope he's not luring the industry to a place where they can scroll down & find Fox News & Styxhexenhammer666 & wonder how they're going to sell gay veganism to the reclaim masculinity crowd.

And to post it so soon after it was universally declared in press reviews that you should be replaced by Rick Astley. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

You'd send it to them directly.

I'd hope he's not luring the industry to a place where they can scroll down & find Fox News & Styxhexenhammer666 & wonder how they're going to sell gay veganism to the reclaim masculinity crowd.

And to post it so soon after it was universally declared in press reviews that you should be replaced by Rick Astley. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Hey, I heard FOX is branching out and starting a record label !

funny how things work out in the end.

;)

All in all, it would be sad if Saturday and Women's body would only remain as demo versions. Such amazing songs, beautifully sung with interesting lyrics

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom