Morrissey Central & SER YT: “Once Upon A Woman’s Body” (October 30, 2021)

Lost and found!

Once upon a woman’s body, you laughed too soon and she said she would unman you.
Once upon a woman’s body, you gagged too soon and she said “I’m gonna undo you”
“Don’t you come running home to unleash your tears me and your Daddy we won’t always be here”
Once upon a woman’s body, you went soft too soon and she said “that’s OK - I’ll find someone who… isn’t you”
Once upon a woman’s body, you could not go through with all of it you can’t name it because you can’t face it
“Don’t you come running home to unleash your tears me and your Daddy we won’t always be here”
precious forbid! mercy me! god be thanked! lamb sakes alive! he has divined! precious forbid!

Once upon a woman’s body, you laughed too soon and she said she would unman you.
Once upon a woman’s body, you gagged too soon and she said “I’m gonna undo you”
Once upon a woman’s body, you went soft too soon and she said “that’s OK - I’ll find someone who… isn’t you”
Once upon a woman’s body, you could not go through with all of it you can’t name it because you can’t face it
precious forbid! mercy me! god be thanked! lamb sakes alive! he has divined! precious forbid!

‘.... oh, you ran back to ma ....”

Yeah this one’s very good, lyrically far more interesting than ‘If Saturday’ though it’s melody reminds me of a couple other songs of his. With some work on the music, this one should have been released.
As far as the released songs go,
so far this one’s up there with ‘I Couldn’t Understand Why People Laughed’ for me.

Very nice.

‘.... oh, you ran back to ma ....”

Yeah this one’s very good, lyrically far more interesting than ‘If Saturday’ though it’s melody reminds me of a couple other songs of his. With some work on the music, this one should have been released.
As far as the released songs go,
so far this one’s up there with ‘I Couldn’t Understand Why People Laughed’ for me.
I still like the first 2 best

MP3 (direct copy):

These files appear to have been purposely made louder than they were initially - hence the blown out sound.
The image used - easy one: Burt in The Twilight Zone ('The Bard' - 1963).
Regards,
FWD.

Edit:
The track source volume is 102.8 db - the 'normal' figure for gain is ~89-90 db.
Shame, as the quality detracts from the song - both tracks being studio demos then uploaded in potato quality to YT.

Last edited:
What, another one? Did Christmas come early? Someone must be having a clear out.
Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings...
Will it really come?
And if it does come
Will I still be human?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Morrissey, Sam or anyone with leverage

Keep the music flowing and drop Bonfire. If it’s an independent, online release, then so be it. Remember there are plenty of folk who still truly appreciate Morrissey as an artist - his voice is indefatigable.

Thanks for the demos

RELEASE BONFIRE

It sounds like a song about the most inconvenient moment to discover you're gay.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the time and Blue Dreamer’s

Blue Dreamers music is good. For me the two I mentioned and chosen as my favorites so far, lyrical there’s something there to really sink one’s teeth into, a little more introspective than the others, which I prefer.

It sounds like a song about the most inconvenient moment to discover you're gay.
I thought it was somewhat Oedipal too - until realising there's 2 females being quoted :)
FWD.

Can someone enlighten me as to why content like this would be dropped on youtube instead of band camp? Or even spotify? Do you need a publisher in order to put a song on spotify?
I don't mean this from a profit perspective, it just makes it more accessible if it's on official channels. A lot of people will miss these.
I guess, as the saying goes, it's just Sam...

I prefer this to yesterdays but I wonder what the motive is here as artists don't tend to lose recordings.

Listening again, this is so so good.

Should have been released, unfortunate the sound quality, yet glad to hear it

That's interesting. I wonder if that's a thing that happens in such a moment - everything falls into place.
I thought that I was transgender until I lost my virginity.

Can someone enlighten me as to why content like this would be dropped on youtube instead of band camp? Or even spotify? Do you need a publisher in order to put a song on spotify?
I don't mean this from a profit perspective, it just makes it more accessible if it's on official channels. A lot of people will miss these.
I guess, as the saying goes, it's just Sam...
That could well explain it.
When he 'leaked' the Bobby... MIKNNA remix, he had doctored the ending (cut it short). When I accuired the 2 official versions and shared them here - no fades.
The sound quality of these would never have sounded that bad - especially with a C.V. like Alex Reverberi has.
So I suspect a bit of audio meddling, which may mean they can know only they have the 'best' recording, but it doesn't do much for the 'brand'.
I'd happily purchase a bandcamp version.
Regards,

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom