Morrissey Central (& SER YT): "DAVEY THE WIND BLOWS BITS OF YOUR LIFE AWAY" (July 2, 2020)

20200702_094132.jpg

"We hadn’t rehearsed the song. David called me at my hotel and we tried to duet down the phone, which became very funny because David couldn’t remember the words, but on the night it was me who forgot and David remembered. You can see a slight disapproval from him when I repeat and repeat the wrong lines … his look says ‘you shouldn’t be singing that bit again’. This clip is my 4th favorite memory of David. It’s nice that Ron and Russell are in there too, but Russell looks irked … I expect he was missing the concluding sequel of that night’s Columbo.”
Morrissey 30 June 2020"

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Who is Debbie? and Coco?
Coco Schwab was Bowie's companion and assistant for over 40 years (she's the one talking to him in the backstage footage) and Debbie Darnell was Morrissey's hairdresser and friend.

^Bowie was over-rated because you don’t like his voice? How many songs has Melvis written? ZERO. The only thing that differentiates Melvis from a karaoke singer is that he used to rape poets for lyrics which were decent. Long past days.

David Bowie is more successful in death than Melvis will ever be. ...and there’s absolutely no contest, where the music behind the tracks, or the band is concerned.

Bite your tongue, Heathen.

?

Oy the return of the polish hit single maker than never happened.:lbf:
pizza pops are popping out of your fat head.:blushing:

Please come back Alain :praying:
The nasty Morrissey family have returned posting SHIT again.

??:knife:

I want to know about the other 3 most memorable memories of David. Right now! Morrissey looks so like "A man trapped in a man's body" while David simply passes by like a fantastic bird from outta space (Hello spaceboy). Debbie D.: I love her. God, I can't stop watching this again and again.

I want to know about the other 3 most memorable memories of David. Right now! Morrissey looks so like "A man trapped in a man's body" while David simply passes by like a fantastic bird from outta space (Hello spaceboy). Debbie D.: I love her. God, I can't stop watching this again and again.
Something tells me that it was his intention to have all of us wonder and speculate about the other 3 favourite memories he has of Bowie by mentioning that this once in a lifetime performance only comes in 4th. ?

Maybe there is no ranking.

í would guess at least one of the others would be Bowie's playback of "I Know Suicide's Gonna Happen Someday" for Moz & Linder at The Hit Factory NYC in '93.
Plus surely young Steve's Ziggy show would merit a placing. Or when the blue-blazered schoolboy handed Bowie ~ "every inch the eigth dimension" ~ a note {saying what?} prior to that Stretford show?
Or perhaps the first time he met him, 'properly', at the Dame's Maine Road show in 1990?
í doubt if M. even remembers 1995...

Is that Debbie Dannell with Jo Slee in the footage backstage, frighted at the sight of Bowie and/or Tim Broad's lurking long lens? Pretty sure she was doing Moz's hair that tour. Definitely did his make-up & nails. {She now does Claudia Winkelman's on Strictly!! And seems to be still pals with the Boorers} So, was she then "Tokes" the "Wig-Restorer", as per the tour programme?

Hehe, now Moz loves to rank; after all a third of his autobiography was about one chart or another.
He sure does. But he also loves to take the piss. It's very funny to me either way. Having an actual ranking of favourite Bowie memories and pretending so.

According to the relevant "Autobiography" excerpt, he was just a trapped boy...

"At The Forum in Los Angeles a royal David Bowie walks onstage to join me for the encore; he is stately against my last-gasp exhaustion. The 12-year-old within me – unable to leave for school unless I’d soothed my sickness with at least one spin of Starman – bathes in the moment with disbelief. But there it is."

í would guess at least one of the others would be Bowie's playback of "I Know Suicide's Gonna Happen Someday" for Moz & Linder at The Hit Factory NYC in '93.
Plus surely young Steve's Ziggy show would merit a placing. Or when the blue-blazered schoolboy handed Bowie ~ "every inch the eigth dimension" ~ a note {saying what?} prior to that Stretford show?
Or perhaps the first time he met him, 'properly', at the Dame's Maine Road show in 1990?
í doubt if M. even remembers 1995...

Is that Debbie Dannell with Jo Slee in the footage backstage, frighted at the sight of Bowie and/or Tim Broad's lurking long lens? Pretty sure she was doing Moz's hair that tour. Definitely did his make-up & nails. {She now does Claudia Winkelman's on Strictly!! And seems to be still pals with the Boorers} So, was she then "Tokes" the "Wig-Restorer", as per the tour programme?

Believe it was late 92 ?

Debbie Dannell has blonde hair, or did in 92 when I met her.

Last edited:
Believe it was late 92 ?

Debbie Darnell (?) has blonde hair, or did in 92 when I’ve met her.

Edit: Darnell, Dannell? I can’t remember. Didn’t M credit her on something?
Yeah, I just checked because I wasn't sure. It's actually Dannell. He thanked her on Vauxhall.

Young Samuel... if you’re reading this..

please digitalize all the recordings from the vault & archives and upload to YouTube and soon.
Your uncle will only become more legendary. The raw footage is worth more than we can express to you.
A good place to start would be to upload the full Inglewood forum concert..that snippet of Disappointment after bowie exits is phenomenal.. the band and uncle were truly in their zone that evening.

We love you and thank you

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom