Morrissey Central (& SER YT): "DAVEY THE WIND BLOWS BITS OF YOUR LIFE AWAY" (July 2, 2020)

20200702_094132.jpg

"We hadn’t rehearsed the song. David called me at my hotel and we tried to duet down the phone, which became very funny because David couldn’t remember the words, but on the night it was me who forgot and David remembered. You can see a slight disapproval from him when I repeat and repeat the wrong lines … his look says ‘you shouldn’t be singing that bit again’. This clip is my 4th favorite memory of David. It’s nice that Ron and Russell are in there too, but Russell looks irked … I expect he was missing the concluding sequel of that night’s Columbo.”
Morrissey 30 June 2020"

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
I don’t think we’ll really know for about 3 years. Given that ENO is subsidised (as far as I know), I dare say more millionaires will be pleading poverty and asking for subsidies for their music projects.

As an aside, but a related one, I’ve noticed the price of recorded music—and physical formats in particular—is starting to climb exponentially.

I only hear snippets about the music venues - theatre's run out of money. The only hope is fundraising, subsidies & reopening the cafes.

I only hear snippets about the music venues - theatre's run out of money. The only hope is fundraising, subsidies & reopening the cafes.
Having said all that, at the end of the day the kids have yet to defer to the state’s iron fist and they are doing a splendid job of entertaining themselves. We should take a leaf from their book and initiate illegal folk festivals.

Having said all that, at the end of the day the kids have yet to defer to the state’s iron fist and they are doing a splendid job of entertaining themselves. We should take a leaf from their book and initiate illegal folk festivals.

One of my old bosses was saying that today about theatre/gigs. If the buildings go take over anywhere. Squatter art.

Having posted the greatest video 'he' has ever posted, ever, on the 2nd, for July 4th 'he' has posted a load of 'common sense' YouTube loons. Hills and dales; plus ça change. í am too weary and wary to link it.

Having posted the greatest video 'he' has ever posted, ever, on the 2nd, for July 4th 'he' has posted a load of 'common sense' YouTube loons. Hills and dales; plus ça change. í am too weary and wary to link it.

On central? I can't see it yet. I did notice Sam was posting on social again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe me Morrissey I'd LOVE to watch a video that is trying to convince us that you were friends with David Bowie for a nanosecond in the nineties.
No, I would! I quite like him!

Unfortunately, I'm too busy watching the 46 -hour-long film your nephew made about your life with Jesse Tobias.

I loved this but why couldnt the cameraman film it without shaking like he,s got Parkinsons ?

Last edited:
I loved this but why couldnt the cameraman film it without shaking like he,s got Parkinsons ?

A cheap gag.

But probably cos he's got a 16mm film camera, weighing around 20kg, on his shoulder, standing on the edge of a stage, blind, with a baying sweaty mob of Moz Angelenos just beneath him, at the encore of a frenzied concert in an LA venue with piss-poor AC in early June. Plus it's David bloody Bowie.
í might be a little wobbly too. But it's called verité.

A cheap gag.

But probably cos he's got a 16mm film camera, weighing around 20kg, on his shoulder, standing on the edge of a stage, blind, with a baying sweaty mob of Moz Angelenos just beneath him, at the encore of a frenzied concert in an LA venue with piss-poor AC in early June. Plus it's David bloody Bowie.
í might be a little wobbly too. But it's called verité.

That quick bit of the audience when they go into Disappointed was more exciting than the whole of Live in Dallas video.

I would assume or like to think that the whole show was filmed.

That quick bit of the audience when they go into Disappointed was more exciting than the whole of Live in Dallas video.

I would assume or like to think that the whole show was filmed.
The bootleg section on passionsjustlikemine.com gives somewhat contradictory information on whether the whole concert was filmed or not. It states that only the duet part of the concert was filmed by Tim Broad, but also mentions the footage of "Piccadilly Palare", "Interesting Drug" and "Everyday Is Like Sunday" from this date being used in a 1992 interview broadcast from Fox News.
Could it be that this footage was filmed by a television crew?

It's 16mm film footage, and you can see a second cameraman in the wings stage left {would love to see that reverse angle on Moz's face as Bowie puts his heartless hand on his shoulder!}, so it's not a TV crew, who in 1991 would shoot video.

í too am confused by Passions, as (a) í can't believe that Morrissey would have a two camera film crew film just the Bowie duet. We know that there is a ton of footage filmed by Broad for the "Kill Uncle" US tour doc. Whether this whole show was documented í don't know, but it seems unlikely to me. And (b) the snippet of that 1992 Fox News interview that í have seen uses footage from "Live in Dallas" and other video sourced live clips. Nothing filmed that tallies to this concert.

Thank you!!!!

I have now purchased an Angel Dude t-shirt. 🙂

Congratulations! Welcome to the club. Wear it with pride. Or even at Pride... ;)

So... I think I just watched a mumbled/ screamed over "meh" version of Cosmic Dancer, but mostly it was people stuck in a corridor, seemingly queuing for the loo.
Only David Bowie looks cool in those circumstances.
The stuff of Legends, definitely worth uploading.

As for looking irked, well, I think Russell shows remarkable patience, being made to wait like that.
I would have headbutted the idiot filming, relieved myself in the shower of the pseudo-star's dressing room and stormed off yelling "that show SUCKED, you fraudulent fart!". Back at home just in time to see who the murderer was.

Because, you know, you don't have to watch Dynasty.

Also:
Can't hear what Ms Sterling says, but to me, "Hot lens in hot hands!" calls for "Out of focus anus!".

Maybe the feminist in her chose not to escalate.
It's true that you can feel the bored tension in the air, like when you're at a festival and there's only one portaloo (although all they're doing is wait for a singer to come out, not at all a giant turd, so frankly I don't see the connection.)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom