Morrissey Central & SER YT: "You Don't Need Their Approval" - Morrissey 'Lost Demo' (October 31, 2021)

Here is new demo from Moz :D

Description:

lyrics Morrissey / music Jesse Tobias

Smile and wave and always be friendly
but you don't need their approval
for anything you want to sing about

Smile and wave and always be gentle

"but there are things that must be said
should I stay in bed and wait for someone else to say them instead?"
OH NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

oh you don't need their approval
for anything you wanna sing about

Smile and wave and always be cordial

"but there are things that must be said
should I stay in bed and wait for someone else to say them instead?"
OH NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

for anything you wanna sing about

for anything you wanna SAY.

unnamed-3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This song makes Action is my middle name, seem like a
Masterpiece ...

Piss poor all three.

Wow wow wow ! Join the conga line, folks ! and Sing your life! Made me think of Tom Waits in the intro bit there ... all .... very ..

very nice.

:)

third gift in a row! are you feeling alright Moz ?

Last edited:
He is not doing himself any favours at the moment with these actions. I'm still holding back, but throwing his unused demos to the pigs because obviously no record company is interested any more will do him more harm in the long run than it could ever do him any good. The simple rhyme scheme (said - bed - instead), the bitter lyrics and the struggling for musical relevance, show an artist far away from his zenith and not on a good path (unfortunately). Maybe he will now successively release the whole B.O.T. sessions and hope for Alain Whyte. God help him.

Nice B-Side, or maybe C-Side.
This would struggle to make a D side. Listen, I'm glad to hear any unreleased scrap - but this song is a complete nothing. I can't hear anything musically interesting, or anything lyrically interesting. Not a single moment. It starts, it goes on, it ends, without having any impact whatsoever. Bizarre.

He is not doing himself any favours at the moment with these actions. I'm still holding back, but throwing his unused demos to the pigs
who are these ‘pigs’ ? If Moz squeezes us, do we not squeal in joy?
because obviously no record company is interested any more will do him more harm in the long run than it could ever do him any good.

How’s that?
The simple rhyme scheme (said - bed - instead) and the bitter lyrics show an artist far away from his zenith and not on a good path (unfortunately).
fair enough, we’re all entitled to having different opinions.
Maybe he will now successively release the whole B.O.T. sessions and hope for Alain Whyte. God help him.

Oh yeah, Alain his Whyte knight
with a shiny Fender, to the rescue! Lol.

Today we have learned that Morrissey doesn't like to sleep with women and that he doesn't virtue-signal for career advancement. That's all very well (albeit old news), and I can get behind both sentiments, but I long to hear some good songs.

Today we have learned that Morrissey doesn't like to sleep with women and that he doesn't virtue-signal for career advancement. That's all very well (albeit old news), and I can get behind both sentiments, but I long to hear some good songs.
Take that damn, good old Maladjusted CD from your dusted shelve and enjoy!

Yeah. ‘Good’ or ‘bad’ I still enjoy
these bones thrown our way.

Also it’s going to be difficult for a person to hear a song if they are comparing it to a song from a time that has shaped them. I mean, if Rubber Ring was written now and that same adult fan was hearing it for the first time, would it still be as important to them? Of course they would recognize it as a good song, but most likely it wouldn’t have the same impact.

Anyway, I know the difference between a good and bad song, yet I find no benefit in comparing his recent work to earlier work. I just welcome it all and I’m grateful.

Then again, for other artists I love, I may rarely if ever listen to their later work, but with Morrissey, especially now, and amongst other things, it’s still his voice that continues to cast a spell on me.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom