Morrissey Central & SER YT: "You Don't Need Their Approval" - Morrissey 'Lost Demo' (October 31, 2021)

Here is new demo from Moz :D

Description:

lyrics Morrissey / music Jesse Tobias

Smile and wave and always be friendly
but you don't need their approval
for anything you want to sing about

Smile and wave and always be gentle

"but there are things that must be said
should I stay in bed and wait for someone else to say them instead?"
OH NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

oh you don't need their approval
for anything you wanna sing about

Smile and wave and always be cordial

"but there are things that must be said
should I stay in bed and wait for someone else to say them instead?"
OH NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

for anything you wanna sing about

for anything you wanna SAY.

unnamed-3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It's human nature to compare to previous. But if you compare this latest 'demo' to demos from The Cure (for example as seen on their deluxe version of Disintegration) you quickly see that Moz's demo isn't a demo. It's a badly formed half baked idea he came up with while emptying the bins. It should have been forgotten by the time he got back inside the house. He should have fired whicever 'musician' gave him the music/random notes.
Perhaps not an entirely fair comparison, as Moz camp isn’t using the 3 demos (or whatever you call them) as part of a deluxe package. To be fair to him, the outrakes he used for the deluxe CD of World Peace or deluxe LP of LIHS were all good quality. You could arguably say that of the demo’s that were added to the expanded edition of Bona Drag, although I personally didn’t like that idea. All other demo were made available at no cost. If you don’t like them, then don’t download them.

You’ll have a firm grasp of them😂

No, I'll just laugh at you like I do at the others that fall into the same category :ROFLMAO: Most posters on here are capable of having an adult discussion on the good the bad and the ugly regarding Morrissey but every now and again we have to put up with a clown like you for a while.

Perhaps not an entirely fair comparison, as Moz camp isn’t using the 3 demos (or whatever you call them) as part of a deluxe package. To be fair to him, the outrakes he used for the deluxe CD of World Peace or deluxe LP of LIHS were all good quality.
Scandinavia is a similar example in this case. First we got to know it as the Studio in Session version and then in a new refined version it was released on the deluxe version of the World Peace album

Compare to his superior work, timescale is an irrelevance.

This song is also a sack of crap compared to Once I Saw The River Clean, for example.

It's actually a sack of crap compared to anything, including sacks of crap.

don’t compare at all, was my point you missed.

He could present you a shit sandwich and you'd enjoy it!
he could present to you the greatest song ever written and you would still say its shit,works both ways.

I'm still beside myself that people insinuate hatred when you state here that Morrissey's music and lyrics no longer have the universality and depth they used to. The unconditional fans accept no criticism and still applaud vigorously while the Titanic sinks. There is not enough space here to list all the mistakes that the former "Everybody's Indie Darling" has made and that he would like to blame on others. Do we really need D-goods given away at the moment? No f***in record company is intersted because of his public image (blame it on everybody else but not him). What kind of timing is this? Half a year ago the track list and the artwork of his latest (very very good) opus were announced and all that comes are these 3 tracks. Drops of joy before the big orgasm? I would have and have had that with everything that was blown from his first solo phase into the net and I gladly let others dub me old-fashioned for it. Every Southpaw/Miraval demo beats the latest gifts by far.

Sorry home demos are a thing and lots of people eventually release them. The cure for sure released a bunch of fuzzy recordings as demos

Now THIS is a proper demo.

Depends on how you define 'demo'...I don't know what the official definition is as far as the music industry is concerned, but I always considered a demo to be something fairly rough & sketchy, & basically an outline idea to be built on later. So, I think the above 'Boy Racer Unreleased Demo' is a bit of a misnomer. It's a great track which I love, but if you search 'Boy Racer Acoustic' for example, you get the same track but named as 'Miraval Studio Outtake'. To me this track is a pretty well polished version, which I would not class as a 'demo', but more an 'outtake' or 'alternative take'.

I found this on the web which, although just someone's unofficial view, states it quite well:

"Demo: eg. a rough version or a early recording, prior to go into a proper studio to record it.
Outtake: Recording potentially made for release on LP , single etc but not released.
Alternative Take: Different version to a one released. Band may record various versions before deciding the best one to release."

No, I'll just laugh at you like I do at the others that fall into the same category :ROFLMAO: Most posters on here are capable of having an adult discussion on the good the bad and the ugly regarding Morrissey but every now and again we have to put up with a clown like you for a while.
Oh I’m here to stay for more than a while sucker!👎

Depends on how you define 'demo'...I don't know what the official definition is as far as the music industry is concerned, but I always considered a demo to be something fairly rough & sketchy, & basically an outline idea to be built on later. So, I think the above 'Boy Racer Unreleased Demo' is a bit of a misnomer. It's a great track which I love, but if you search 'Boy Racer Acoustic' for example, you get the same track but named as 'Miraval Studio Outtake'. To me this track is a pretty well polished version, which I would not class as a 'demo', but more an 'outtake' or 'alternative take'.

I found this on the web which, although just someone's unofficial view, states it quite well:

"Demo: eg. a rough version or a early recording, prior to go into a proper studio to record it.
Outtake: Recording potentially made for release on LP , single etc but not released.
Alternative Take: Different version to a one released. Band may record various versions before deciding the best one to release."
Yah I agree. It's very polished and is almost ready for release. I prefer it to the album version.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom