Morrissey Central & SER YT: "You Don't Need Their Approval" - Morrissey 'Lost Demo' (October 31, 2021)

Here is new demo from Moz :D

Description:

lyrics Morrissey / music Jesse Tobias

Smile and wave and always be friendly
but you don't need their approval
for anything you want to sing about

Smile and wave and always be gentle

"but there are things that must be said
should I stay in bed and wait for someone else to say them instead?"
OH NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

oh you don't need their approval
for anything you wanna sing about

Smile and wave and always be cordial

"but there are things that must be said
should I stay in bed and wait for someone else to say them instead?"
OH NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

for anything you wanna sing about

for anything you wanna SAY.

unnamed-3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
For a lot of people, Morrissey has been such a huge part their lives that the current iteration of the man is hugely disappointing. I, personally have been a huge fan since Meat Is Murder. The man could do no wrong until probably World Peace and that is when he just seemed to lose his way. From the lazy songs with weak lyrics to the right leaning politics to the tacky album covers to his new lack of style...he just seemed to lose the essence of what being Morrissey used to mean. He was an enigma, he didn't feel the need to share his every waking thought. He went from being James Dean to a curmudgeonly Jim Backus. Because he was so great, hardcore fans are disappointed and expect more.

Which newer songs have right-leaning politics? The ones about how dumb and awful war is, the ones against the police, or the ones about animal cruelty?

Up to a certain point, a personality is something you are born with, but I think that every sociologist would say that a personality is also impacted by the surrounding environment and life’s experiences. And our opinions and attitudes certainly change over the course of our lives, for better or worse. Better not to count too much on our wisdom.

“I am a simple man, Not much to gain or lose, Older and wiser
Never applies to me”

:cool:

I've improved in some ways but have become intolerant towards (against?) intolerant and ignorant religious types. Maybe that's an improvement too?

those ‘religious types’ wouldn’t view it that way. Lol.

He also doesn't like it when people mention Johnny Marr for some reason.
gordyboy also has a strong aversion for anyone who doesn't mangle the English language the way he does. Reading his posts -- something I rarely do -- gives me a migraine.

Sometimes "lost demos" like this provide a fascinating glimpse into artist's discarded ideas. But the problem with "...Approval" is that there is no idea to discard, so it begs the question why they even bothered to record this, never mind putting it out like this.

gordyboy also has a strong aversion for anyone who doesn't mangle the English language the way he does. Reading his posts -- something I rarely do -- gives me a migraine.
for a start i dont speak the english language i speak a scottish version of the english language,totally different in the way its worded and spoken.you must read my posts or you wouldnt be squealing like a child about them.you sound like a right boring c***.

for a start i dont speak the english language i speak a scottish version of the english language,totally different in the way its worded and spoken.you must read my posts or you wouldnt be squealing like a child about them.you sound like a right boring c***.
Well, what you write is just an illiterate take on English. Here's the definition of Scottish English:

When did the majority of Morrissey fans become idiotic lead paint chip eaters? Anyone got a timeline on that? I mean, these people here are f***ing weird.

The majority of Morrissey fans don't engage in discussion on here.

Up to a certain point, a personality is something you are born with, but I think that every sociologist would say that a personality is also impacted by the surrounding environment and life’s experiences. And our opinions and attitudes certainly change over the course of our lives, for better or worse. Better not to count too much on our wisdom.
What I'm saying is that our core values remain constant and wisdom comes from life experiences and doing things like reading and learning and just observing. I am 54 and I am exactly the same as when I was 16. My personality, sense of humor, taste in music and the arts, interest in sports, etc. remains constant. I didn't go from liking the Smiths to taking up needlepoint, Iron Maiden or Kanye West.
Which newer songs have right-leaning politics? The ones about how dumb and awful war is, the ones against the police, or the ones about animal cruelty?
Thankfully, he has kept his conservative views out of the music for the most part. I was thinking more about the ill informed, right wing, insensitive comments he makes outside of the recording studio.

Beautiful avoidance of addressing your lack of objectivity, Well done!

Simply allows me to enjoy life more, try it sometimes.

While most here are judging, condemning, and getting all upset over a song, ffs, I can’t get the wonderful way Morrissey sings the chorus of Approval out of my head! And the way he is talking to himself consoling and empowering himself, playing a tug of war with these thoughts that do become repetitious in one’s mind, but not giving in to them, and finally simply doing what he feels is the right thing to do. I would think we could all relate to that.
It’s also an interesting direction of music on this little tune, kind of reminds me of the way I felt when I first heard Journalists Who Lie, ooh here’s something different from Morrissey! it was a delight then and here with this song is a delight now.

The song is not the problem. It’s the way some are reacting to it.

See this, and be free !!!

VIVA MOZ !!!

Would have made a wonderful b-side for a IANADOAC single.

Last edited:
Simply allows me to enjoy life more, try it sometimes.

While most here are judging, condemning, and getting all upset over a song, ffs, I can’t get the wonderful way Morrissey sings the chorus of Approval out of my head! And the way he is talking to himself consoling and empowering himself, playing a tug of war with these thoughts that do become repetitious in one’s mind, but not giving in to them, and finally simply doing what he feels is the right thing to do. I would think we could all relate to that.
It’s also an interesting direction of music on this little tune, kind of reminds me of the way I felt when I first heard Journalists Who Lie, ooh here’s something different from Morrissey! it was a delight then and here with this song is a delight now.

The song is not the problem. It’s the way some are reacting to it.

See this, and be free !!!

VIVA MOZ !!!

Would have made a wonderful b-side for a IANADOAC single.

Does this mean that there are no Morrissey and/or Smiths songs that you dislike or have criticized? You simply like them all for what they are? I’m not judging you, just asking.

Does this mean that there are no Morrissey and/or Smiths songs that you dislike or have criticized? You simply like them all for what they are? I’m not judging you, just asking.
It's an interesting question, but from my perspective, there's not one single Smiths, or Moz solo track that I dislike, or even skip. Most I love, some I really like, some I like to a lesser degree. I'm just grateful for everything, & anything that's available while it lasts, especially as far as Moz is concerned.

It's an interesting question, but from my perspective, there's not one single Smiths, or Moz solo track that I dislike, or even skip. Most I love, some I really like, some I like to a lesser degree. I'm just grateful for everything, & anything that's available while it lasts, especially as far as Moz is concerned.
When push comes to shove, I love and respect this positivity and I wish I felt the same. I imagine it makes life a lot easier.

In the Morrissey A--Z project Ketamine Sun was almost critical about some Moz tracks! Scandinavia was one of them, if I remember correctly.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom