Setlist - how difficult will Castlefield Bowl tickets be?

Don't be surprised if the stage heating or coolers break down right at the last minute. Or he performs the minimal 4 songs and 4ks off into the night with yer hard earned wonga £ £ £.
He knows all the tricks in the book, I'd be sweating if I'd purchased.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Yes, knowing his track record, I would NEVER travel out of town for a Morrissey show!

Some staff/band/family members going down with a mystery illness coincidentally at the same time as dismal ticket sales.

Back in the day, I'd go with a bunch of regulars to every show in the North of England, we'd do all, Liverpool, Blackpool to Hull and all points in-between, I mean all, we did the 4 dates in Manchester in the one week, as well as the rest of the dates on that tour up north, but in recent years I've noticed a drop off in "the call" the are we going? where we going? can you try and get me one? calls, in fact this is the first time I can remember when I've not had to say, you'll have to make other arrangements I'm up to the limit of ticket numbers already. I find they are more choosey about dates, one date a tour more likely, and that's sensible if sad, just a different kind of sad from doing half a dozen dates in one tour.LOL. This will be only the second time in nearly 20 years that Morrissey will play Manchester and I won't be there (I couldn't get a 50th birthday ticket at the Apollo for love nor money, although the Sunday night was still memorable), I got tickets for Saturday but I'm not going Sunday it's a shame his greed has altered the event that was the Morrissey tour. Ticket prices have killed the Event for many.

The Sunday night was so memorable at the Apollo, you forgot it was actually a Saturday !!

Do you think he'll dig deep into his pockets and give a generous donation to For Britain for their support of animal welfare? That's another reason I won't be buying any ticket for his concerts. Don't want to think I've indirectly contributed to Anne Marie Water's coach journey up to her Nuremberg style political rally in Preston.

Don't be surprised if the stage heating or coolers break down right at the last minute. Or he performs the minimal 4 songs and 4ks off into the night with yer hard earned wonga £ £ £.
He knows all the tricks in the book, I'd be sweating if I'd purchased.

On this occasion I hope he doesn’t cancel Benny as my youngest is really excited Since i got her a ticket. She is only 14 and doesn’t really hear all the shit he spouts and she and her mates love The Smiths and some of Morrisseys stuff. However the omens don’t look good, 5 years ago heb would have sold this place out in a heart beat just like James, New Order and Hacienda Classical do. He has a real dillema here because if he cancels any of these gigs, he is finished in Manchester for ever.

Last edited:
Common People takes place on May Bank Holiday (26th & 27th May) at the beautifully leafy Southampton Common in the heart of Southampton city centre.

While Moz plays 2 nights at the huge Castlefield Bowl, James is reduced to playing a leafy area..
thousands of tix available, and its this very weekend.
Head on over there and if someone approaches with a ticket, tell them you require to be paid
100 quid to sit through a sucky James set, that if you wanted to throw your money away by
listening to mediocre Kumbaya music, youd a gone to church.:lbf:

Do you think he'll dig deep into his pockets and give a generous donation to For Britain for their support of animal welfare? That's another reason I won't be buying any ticket for his concerts. Don't want to think I've indirectly contributed to Anne Marie Water's coach journey up to her Nuremberg style political rally in Preston.
I couldn't imagine Morrissey giving anything to anyone, that's why I'm not going. Also people have said what a great venue it is, is it great in heavy rain?

perhaps I’ll go but wear a “f*** ‘For Britain’” t shirt, considering that’s how Moz deals with people who disagree with him.

On this occasion I hope he doesn’t cancel Benny as my youngest is really excited I got her a ticket. She is only 14 and doesn’t really hear all the shit he spouts and she and her mates love The Smiths and some of Morrissey s stuff. However the omens don’t look good, 5 years ago this would have sold this place out in a heart beat just like James, New Order and Hacienda Classical do. He has a real dillema here because if he cancels any of these gigs, he is finished in Manchester for ever.

Right.
Not one uk gig has been cancelled since 2009.
We were told sales would be dreadful for Feb and Mar (they weren’t)
It’ll be ok.
Those not going do not matter.
f*** them, you’re daughter will love it.

On this occasion I hope he doesn’t cancel Benny as my youngest is really excited I got her a ticket. She is only 14 and doesn’t really hear all the shit he spouts and she and her mates love The Smiths and some of Morrissey s stuff. However the omens don’t look good, 5 years ago this would have sold this place out in a heart beat just like James, New Order and Hacienda Classical do. He has a real dillema here because if he cancels any of these gigs, he is finished in Manchester for ever.

I hope he doesn't if only for your Daughter Surface and please protect her from the shit he's been spouting lately :thumb:.
My eldest is 18 I mentioned it to him because he's been listening to The Smiths quite a lot over recent years but he's not very impressed with the man on his own and what he's been spouting.
I'm taking my youngest to see The Killers in July at whatever the ground is called BoltonWanderers play in ( Reebok, Mackron, )
I hope he behaves for you to both spend a memorable night together :thumb:

On this occasion I hope he doesn’t cancel Benny as my youngest is really excited Since i got her a ticket. She is only 14 and doesn’t really hear all the shit he spouts and she and her mates love The Smiths and some of Morrisseys stuff. However the omens don’t look good, 5 years ago heb would have sold this place out in a heart beat just like James, New Order and Hacienda Classical do. He has a real dillema here because if he cancels any of these gigs, he is finished in Manchester for ever.

Aw, that's great that you're taking your daughter to see shows. I took my young teen to see Morrissey in the past and have to say they were really disturbed by the Meat Is Murder video - they are already vegetarian. Maybe he'll skip the disturbing videos there, but maybe some advance warning would be good for the young and tender-hearted.

He aint going LOL
They have no money besides, they dont have any 'daughters' they are trolls,
they are all:banned:had they really existed.

If we examine several factors:

- Price: £71 for a Standing GA ticket is v.high considering what his fan base has already paid for Arena seating in previous gigs.

- Demographic: Goes back to seating, lots of Moz fans are middle aged and will happily go to his gigs if they're seated - Age does a lot.

- UK Tour: Space of a few months, people want a breather and perhaps worried he'll redo his set lists (like he did with the O2 gig then UK tour back in 2014/15)

If we examine several factors:

- Price: £71 for a Standing GA ticket is v.high considering what his fan base has already paid for Arena seating in previous gigs.

- Demographic: Goes back to seating, lots of Moz fans are middle aged and will happily go to his gigs if they're seated - Age does a lot.

- UK Tour: Space of a few months, people want a breather and perhaps worried he'll redo his set lists (like he did with the O2 gig then UK tour back in 2014/15)

I wonder if the success of the last tour made people up the prices some

I’m another in the ‘can’t support anyone who endorses For Britain’ camp... for me, the Morrissey brand, and legacy, is tarnished forever! (And this saddens me greatly!)

"Britons are unknowingly eating Halal meat that is being sold without a label, says top vet"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-ending-British-food-chain.html#ixzz5GYht7n3q
"Britons are inadvertently eating meat from animals slaughtered while they are still conscious, a top vet has warned.
Lord Trees, who is a former president of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, said the meat would mainly be found in pies and ready meals.
There has been a sharp rise in the number of sheep and poultry being killed without being stunned first. This has been attributed to religious practices.
But Lord Trees, a crossbench peer, said it was highly probable that some unstunned meat was entering the ‘standard’ food chain as well."

----

For Britain is the only party standing up against this.

"Religious abattoirs in the UK are exempt from the stun laws which apply to non-religious abattoirs. Animal welfare must take priority over faith tradition. Sign the petition." -- Ann Marie Waters, For Britain

End the animal cruelty laws exemptions given to UK halal and shechita abattoirs
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/218343

that said neither of them have voiced their support for Britain first or whatever they are called.

Once you've figured out what they're called, look at their web site's "Policy" section.
https://www.forbritain.uk/policy
All majority, mainstream positions.
  • For Britain believes in the sovereignty of the United Kingdom as a nation and the full authority of its people in the governance and direction of that nation.

• For Britain believes that the United Kingdom must cease to be a member of the European Union without further delay.

• For Britain believes that the government of the United Kingdom must place the interests of the British people over and above the citizens of other nations.

• For Britain believes that public service providers must be accountable to the British public.

• For Britain believes in the democratic right to freedom of speech; excluding only direct incitement to violence.

• For Britain believes in free and fair elections with one vote in all public elections afforded to all citizens.

• For Britain believes in the equality of all citizens before one law, as determined by elected representatives in Parliament.

• For Britain believes in the preservation of traditional British liberties.

• For Britain believes in low and appropriate inward migration to the United Kingdom in order to preserve traditional British liberties.

• For Britain believes in the rights of the individual only.

• For Britain believes in the liberty of all citizens to live privately and without unnecessary state intrusion.

• For Britain believes in a free market and capitalist economy.

• For Britain believes in the reduction of taxation alongside increased efficiency in a publicly accountable public sector.

• For Britain believes in freedom of thought and the rights of the individual to assent to, or reject, any philosophical, political, or religious belief system, without penalty.

Magnificent

Once you've figured out what they're called, look at their web site's "Policy" section.
https://www.forbritain.uk/policy
All majority, mainstream positions.
  • For Britain believes in the sovereignty of the United Kingdom as a nation and the full authority of its people in the governance and direction of that nation.

• For Britain believes that the United Kingdom must cease to be a member of the European Union without further delay.

• For Britain believes that the government of the United Kingdom must place the interests of the British people over and above the citizens of other nations.

• For Britain believes that public service providers must be accountable to the British public.

• For Britain believes in the democratic right to freedom of speech; excluding only direct incitement to violence.

• For Britain believes in free and fair elections with one vote in all public elections afforded to all citizens.

• For Britain believes in the equality of all citizens before one law, as determined by elected representatives in Parliament.

• For Britain believes in the preservation of traditional British liberties.

• For Britain believes in low and appropriate inward migration to the United Kingdom in order to preserve traditional British liberties.

• For Britain believes in the rights of the individual only.

• For Britain believes in the liberty of all citizens to live privately and without unnecessary state intrusion.

• For Britain believes in a free market and capitalist economy.

• For Britain believes in the reduction of taxation alongside increased efficiency in a publicly accountable public sector.

• For Britain believes in freedom of thought and the rights of the individual to assent to, or reject, any philosophical, political, or religious belief system, without penalty.

One vote per citizen in all public elections, eh? About time too. I'm sick to death of all those arcane rules where you get two votes if your dad's from Bridlington, you're only allowed to vote once every other election if your surname ends in an f, and so on.

I'm also really glad they believe public service providers should be accountable to the British people. Given how Theresa May is always going on about how public service providers should be accountable only to God, this gives people a real choice, at long last.

In fact, I have to be honest, I love all of these meaningless non-policies.

In fact, I have to be honest, I love all of these meaningless non-policies.

You only find supporting Free Speech a meaningless policy because you falsely assume the government won't get around to criminalizing your views. Those who abide censorship will eventually be censored themselves, and will have only themselves to blame.

That is just their list of general policy principles. For Britain's more detailed manifesto is linked on the Policy page.
https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n...riginal/1519030879/Manfiesto_2.pdf?1519030879

I don't agree with all of it, but it's certainly not fascist. And there's nothing in there over which an artist should be boycotted because he happens to prefer that party over the establishment parties, unless someone cannot tolerate any diversity of opinions at all.

Last edited:
You only find supporting Free Speech a meaningless policy because you falsely assume the government won't get around to criminalizing your views.

No, I find it a meaningless policy because I'm not aware of a political party that says it is opposed to free speech. Basically, this is a list consisting of nothing of substance. There's not really anything much in there that couldn't also be the "policy" of the Tories or Labour. The main point to it is for supporters of For Britain to copy and paste it internet forums and add the comment "What's racist about any that?".

Secondarily, they hope that people will read it and think "Hey! I'm in favour of free speech! And I believe in free and fair elections! It's like they can read my mind!". In other words, they believe that the people most likely to vote for them are gullible f***wits. They've got that right, at least.

Tags
castlefield bowl
Back
Top Bottom