Setlist - how difficult will Castlefield Bowl tickets be?

This was from the judge in TR's original contempt case court.

Accredited journalists are very careful with the language they use during ongoing trials so as not prejudice proceedings. They even have training for it.

Everybody has been banging on about Rolf Harris or Stuart Hall or a football coach at the moment down South but the reports detail the proceedings that day and rarely proffer personal opinion or prejudice. Ie Rolf was only accused of being a child sex offender before and found to be after the trial - not during it.
The Mail has been found in contempt previously (or Mail Online anyway) as have other media organisations. It is however very rare as court reporters know how to report court cases in a manner which will not cause contempt.

Also jurors are directed not to discuss the proceedings unless in the jury room (though this is often impractical imo)

Here is how it's portrayed in the right-wing US press. "Tommy Robinson Drew Attention to ‘Grooming Gangs.’ Britain Has Persecuted Him."
And the Independent has him saying that he was only recording the events and not commenting.
He is probably playing at being a "citizen journalist" and maybe "persecuted" is too strong a word for what's being done to him but it does seem that he's being singled out. I'm not trying to side with the alt-right, particularly those who won't even say what they really mean. But it does seem to be true that these "grooming gangs" might have been dealt with earlier and more harshly. I know that a lot of people have the impression that you're more likely to draw the attention of the authorities for reporting these gangs than is actually given to stopping the rapes.
It's a difficult situation because there is posturing and politics on both sides.
Considering all that I think that calling someone a racist and insisting that the law must be blindly supported just because they question the unusually rapid handling of this case is ignorance and more of that same political posturing that will keep the problems from actually being solved.
But I do appreciate your reply and I do understand that there is a difference between journalism and rabble rousing. I'm just saying that I can see, whether I agree with it or not, how someone might come to the conclusion that "Tommy Robinson" or whatever his real name is has maybe embarrassed the authorities and is paying the price.

Ignore the trolls, the shows are over a month away and most shows are 4/5 sold out.:thumb:

There was a time in the not too distant past when a UK Morrissey show in a venue 2,000-2,500 capacity would sell out within 2 minutes of going on sale. Even the most recent Palladium show sold out pretty much instantly. Clearly, there is some reason why sales have suddenly turned sluggish.

There was a time in the not too distant past when a UK Morrissey show in a venue 2,000-2,500 capacity would sell out within 2 minutes of going on sale. Even the most recent Palladium show sold out pretty much instantly. Clearly, there is some reason why sales have suddenly turned sluggish.

:straightface:

Suddenly all prior shows sold instantly LOL I thought all prior shows had the black curtain:drama:
to cover up the empty seats:ahhh:
Now the trolls reverse themselves.doh:

Yes something has changed, the arena dates have took a while to sell out for the last few years but the smaller ones always sold out in minutes, I'm sure they will be sold out by the actual dates though. I do find it amusing that the site troll took the piss about Echo and the Bunnymen playing small venues and then Morrissey announced a date at one those venues the Bunnymen played at and sold it out. Suppose thats the danger in trolling, you end up looking rather foolish. Same with his constant dissing of Johnnys new album, yet reviews give it 9/10.

Here is how it's portrayed in the right-wing US press. "Tommy Robinson Drew Attention to ‘Grooming Gangs.’ Britain Has Persecuted Him."
And the Independent has him saying that he was only recording the events and not commenting.
He is probably playing at being a "citizen journalist" and maybe "persecuted" is too strong a word for what's being done to him but it does seem that he's being singled out. I'm not trying to side with the alt-right, particularly those who won't even say what they really mean. But it does seem to be true that these "grooming gangs" might have been dealt with earlier and more harshly. I know that a lot of people have the impression that you're more likely to draw the attention of the authorities for reporting these gangs than is actually given to stopping the rapes.
It's a difficult situation because there is posturing and politics on both sides.
Considering all that I think that calling someone a racist and insisting that the law must be blindly supported just because they question the unusually rapid handling of this case is ignorance and more of that same political posturing that will keep the problems from actually being solved.
But I do appreciate your reply and I do understand that there is a difference between journalism and rabble rousing. I'm just saying that I can see, whether I agree with it or not, how someone might come to the conclusion that "Tommy Robinson" or whatever his real name is has maybe embarrassed the authorities and is paying the price.

Thanks for your considered reply. I tend to agree that Robinson has been treated severely but fully within the law. Whether this is actually justice is debatable particularly when you consider paedophiles of all creeds and colours seemingly continue to get away with abusing kids for a long time before they face prosecution.

Thanks for your considered reply. I tend to agree that Robinson has been treated severely but fully within the law. Whether this is actually justice is debatable particularly when you consider paedophiles of all creeds and colours seemingly continue to get away with abusing kids for a long time before they face prosecution.
Treated severely in comparison to what specific examples? He broke a specific condition of his previous conviction, and, as the judge warned, he was jailed . So I ask again, treated severely in comparison to which specific examples?

Treated severely in comparison to what specific examples? He broke a specific condition of his previous conviction, and, as the judge warned, he was jailed . So I ask again, treated severely in comparison to which specific examples?

Genuine question: does anyone (pro or con) has the details of the sentence (and the details of the previous conviction) ?

Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon, was sentenced to 10 months for contempt of court and a further three months for breaching the terms of the previous suspended sentence. (The suspended sentence was for 18 months)

Without being wholly aware of sentencing for contempt (apart from knowing maximum is 2 years) I believe as he pled guilty to the charge this should have been a mitigating circumstance and could and should have led to a lesser sentence imo. However as he's a repeat offender then maybe the sentence was correct in this instance. I was only proferring a personal opinion. However I can see why the judge has done it to ensure all the trials in this case are finished before he gets released.

I know in other contempt cases that the offenders usually get fined and/or face lesser custodial sentences but the caveat here is Robinson is a repeat offender.

Ultimately all this furore about Tommy Robinson covers the real issue in my opinion which is decades of systematic child abuse that the state has tried to cover up. That's a societal problem that should not be targeted at just one minority group as the abuse and the cover-ups involves all branches of the establishment.

Thank you.

Obviously, the article is very oriented and I will wait for the judgement to be avilable before making my mind.

I have to say that in France, there is no such thing as a postponement order preventing the media from reporting on the ongoing trial until all linked trials had concluded - and frankly no chance that it happens.

Having said that, one could not imagine such sentence (even the suspended three months) for contempt of Court in France.

When have you seen any of our resident Ayatollahs present grievances about someone interrupting justice by standing outdoors? It could be happening today for all we know, but you wont know it from them. However just bring up the word "ISLAM" or "MUSLIM", and they are all over it. Suddenly its perfectly reasonable to follow the letter of the law no matter where it leads as long as it follows the Road to Mecca.:turban:
No Muslim no Skinny or Bluebirds, Parliament could be going up in flames and they wouldnt even adjust their babushka.:turban:

babushka.:turban: ????

Is that not Russian for old lady??? What that got to do with Islam.

When have you seen any of our resident Ayatollahs present grievances about someone interrupting justice by standing outdoors? It could be happening today for all we know, but you wont know it from them. However just bring up the word "ISLAM" or "MUSLIM", and they are all over it. Suddenly its perfectly reasonable to follow the letter of the law no matter where it leads as long as it follows the Road to Mecca.:turban:
No Muslim no Skinny or Bluebirds, Parliament could be going up in flames and they wouldnt even adjust their babushka.:turban:

images

Thank you.

Obviously, the article is very oriented and I will wait for the judgement to be avilable before making my mind.

I have to say that in France, there is no such thing as a postponement order preventing the media from reporting on the ongoing trial until all linked trials had concluded - and frankly no chance that it happens.

Having said that, one could not imagine such sentence (even the suspended three months) for contempt of Court in France.

France doesn't have jury trials (ie where guilt or innocence is decided solely by members of the public) in the way the UK does. The theory is that judges, being superior by birth, will be immune to prejudice and fallacious reasoning, and able to control civilians by lecturing them.

In the UK, guilt or innocence is decided by Muggles alone, so it is necessary to shelter them from information that might lead them astray. Hence, it might lead to a trial collapsing if some wanker with a phone starts broadcasting information on the internet that the jury is not supposed to know about.

Doestn the judge instruct the jury to NOT read the internet? o_O
If the jury fails to follow the judge order then shouldnt they be sent to the gaol as well?
Or should we imprison the entire internet because of some judge who wants to set the
grooming gangs free?:straightface:

Tags
castlefield bowl
Back
Top Bottom