Setlist - how difficult will Castlefield Bowl tickets be?

1. Tommy Robinson (a known racist and islamophobe) was rightly arrested for breaching bail conditions
2. Anne Marie Waters refers to Islam as ‘evil’ and a ‘killing machine’
3. Non-halal slaughter does not mean the animals are hugged, kissed or tickled to death - those who single out halal are, in my opinion, cynically doing it for non-animal welfare issues!

The common factor above is islamaphobia... something which 669, and Morrissey, appear to condone, and which I never will!
BREAKING : Tommy Robinson Arrest At Alleged Grooming Gang Court Case Leeds - YouTube

Watch for yourself and decide if he was rightly arrested, and it wasn't for breaching bail.

He was arrested for breaking the law, you dim racist f***knuckle, specifically the terms of his suspended sentence.

Do you advocate breaking the law?

"The law is robustly applied to some, but not to others. It all depends on who is sticking to the government/media narrative, and who isn't." -- Ann Marie Waters correctly observed on Twitter yesterday. And that is true. Tommy is not be treated equally under the law at all. The authorities who didn't care at all about the thousands of girls being victimized now wanna instantly throw Tommy in prison for some minor alleged violation of a suspended sentence? That's not how they handle other defendants with suspended sentences.

Tommy Robinson was peacefully standing outside the court building, reporting as a journalist on the grooming gang case the authorities share responsibility for as they aided and abetted those victimizing thousands of girls by brushing it under the rug. Six coppers descended on Tommy to unlawfully arrest him while a corrupt judge's stupid mug was up in a window above watching on. They told him he was disturbing the peace even though he was not. They took him away and said they're throwing him in prison for 13 months. Then they put a gag order on the media so what's happening to him can't be properly reported on. Some country. So much for Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Press.

You celebrate that because YOU are the FASCIST. You are the one who's literally cheering on police state fascism in action. Look right in the mirror, Skinny. You are the bigot, you are filled with hate, and you are the fascist. You are everything you claim to despise.

Last edited:
What is your evidence that Morrissey is ONLY interested in the money?
Are you saying his whole career has been about "the money"?

Well it's not about love, so yes, that's likely.

The subtleties of ticket pricing are not something I claim to understand, but could it be they're super expensive because they know he's not going to be able to fill the place?

I could be wrong but I think a lot of people would rather have a singalong to "Siddan!" than to "Israel".

That'd be a great cover tho, Morrissey! Picture yourself singing "those who find themselves ridiculous".

" :ha-no: "

:rolleyes:

Well it's not about love, so yes, that's likely.

The subtleties of ticket pricing are not something I claim to understand, but could it be they're super expensive because they know he's not going to be able to fill the place?

I could be wrong but I think a lot of people would rather have a singalong to "Siddan!" than to "Israel".

That'd be a great cover tho, Morrissey! Picture yourself singing "those who find themselves ridiculous".

" :ha-no: "

:rolleyes:

Jesus.
Another graduate from the evennow/Halal Butcher school of tragic comedy.:man:

I’m going on the Sunday, I love castlefield bowl, such a good venue. I still love Morrissey, but he seems to really not care what his fans actually want to hear.

If he plays that anything like that miserable set from Leeds earlier this year it will be my last Morrissey gig. And I’ve been seeing him live since 1991. I walked away from Leeds hearing pretty much everyone moaning.

I’ll admit he still sounded fantastic, but there was no atmosphere other than from The Smiths stuff, a few of his earlier songs and spent the day in bed. Other than that it was quite possibly the most miserable gig I’d been to. And I’ve been to a lot! You want to walk away from a gig elated, not feeling like what the f*** was that.

I’m going on the Sunday, I love castlefield bowl, such a good venue. I still love Morrissey, but he seems to really not care what his fans actually want to hear.

If he plays that anything like that miserable set from Leeds earlier this year it will be my last Morrissey gig. And I’ve been seeing him live since 1991. I walked away from Leeds hearing pretty much everyone moaning.

I’ll admit he still sounded fantastic, but there was no atmosphere other than from The Smiths stuff, a few of his earlier songs and spent the day in bed. Other than that it was quite possibly the most miserable gig I’d been to. And I’ve been to a lot! You want to walk away from a gig elated, not feeling like what the f*** was that.

I went to Leeds, thought his voice was in fine form but like you said the setlist required work, which is why I was pleasantly surprised with the Palladium show, of which had among new tracks ‘Playboys’ and ‘November’
Hoping for a similar mix at Castlefield, though not holding my breath

Last edited:
Seen as this thread has descended back into the political arguments similar to most of the other threads, heres my ideas of how the setlists would work, nothing that is completely without potential of being played, majorly LIHS with decent mix of older/Smiths tracks

Saturday /

1: Hand In Glove
2: I Wish You Lonely
3: I Just Want To See The Boy Happy
4: Istanbul
5: Who Will Protect Us From The Police?
6: You Have Killed Me
7: When You Open Your Legs
8: There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
9: My Love, I’d Do Anything For You
10: Speedway
11: Spent The Day In Bed
12: Glamorous Glue
13: Still Ill
14: Home Is A Question Mark
15: Irish Blood, English Heart
16: Everyday Is Like Sunday
17: Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s Up On The Stage
——————————-
18: Shoplifters Of The World Unite
19: Boxers
20: Last Of The Famous International Playboys

Sunday /
1: The Headmaster Ritual
2: Boxers
3: I Just Want To See The Boy Happy
4: Suedehead
5: How Soon Is Now?
6: Who Will Protect Us From The Police
7: I Wish You Lonely
8: When You Open Your Legs
9: Glamorous Glue
10: Speedway
11: Jack The Ripper
12: Spent The Day In Bed
13: There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
14: Home Is A Question Mark
15: Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself
16: Shoplifters of The World Unite
17: Irish Blood, English Heart
————————————
18: Jacky’s Only Happy When She Up On The Stage
19: Everyday Is Like Sunday
20: Still Ill

Last edited:
I called it here first, The Cure playing Hyde Park on Saturday night, Morrissey will be worried that show will overshadow his. Morrissey brings out Marr and Rouke and reforms The Smiths for 1 night only, Robert Smith cries himself to sleep, once again being overshadowed by Morrissey. Morrissey grabs all the headlines and is knighted by the Queen the next day.

That would be worth the 70 quid.

I can somehow see Castlefield being a modern day Madstock with cartons of Kia Ora flying around left right and centre and the following dates get pulled.

I might go the Reading gig as I spend a lot of time in Berkshire but I will not spend money on hotels and travel to see him again. His pronouncements about Britain First have sort of ruined it for me and frankly the Palladium gig will never personally be bettered unless he does the unthinkable and plays with Johnny Marr again. Which I cannot see ever happening due to Morrissey's politics.

And now a new song.... FreetheLutonOne

Last edited:
I might go the Reading gig as I spend a lot of time in Berkshire but I will not spend money on hotels and travel to see him again. His pronouncements about Britain First have sort of ruined it for me and frankly the Palladium gig will never personally be bettered unless he does the unthinkable and plays with Johnny Marr again. Which I cannot see ever happening due to Morrissey's politics.

And now a new song.... FreetheLutonOne

LOL DramaJohnny :frogface:would run over at full speed, should Moz request his presence. :laughing:

He’d shift a few more tickets if he did something akin to The Charlatans in Northwich recently. Played 4 nights at a small venue ; the last 2 nights had completely different sets ( except for 1 song).
Morrissey has got the back catalogue to do it. Has he got the balls to do it?

He’d shift a few more tickets if he did something akin to The Charlatans in Northwich recently. Played 4 nights at a small venue ; the last 2 nights had completely different sets ( except for 1 song).
Morrissey has got the back catalogue to do it. Has he got the balls to do it?
2bbcog.jpg

The Charlatansdoh:who are reduced to playing tiny venues. They have to further resort to gimmicks like all different songs to create sales publicity. The Fing Charlatans, whose big mistake was to associate themselves with no less a figure than:frogface:.
Thats right,since they brought in Drama J the whole Charlatans thing has gone:handpointdown:. The singer even has Drama J hair, but with the yellow paint sprinkled all over the:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: so as to distinguish himself from DJ otherwise theyd look like twins.
Thats who Moz should look for guidance The Charlatans. When the comet freezes over maybe.:crazy:

He was arrested for breaking the law, you dim racist f***knuckle, specifically the terms of his suspended sentence.

Do you advocate breaking the law?

You're an idiot. Regardless of whether you agree with him or whether he is a racist, a charge you have worn so threadbare that it now has no meaning or power, he was exercising his freedom of speech.

You're a moron. You think "do you advocate breaking the law" is really clever don't you? Hide behind the skirts of the police and watch as they lock up people practicing journalism. You're the fascist. People like you have made the left wing a joke.

And you're mentally ill to be on this site constantly posting the same tired old rant. You really think that you're doing something.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean allowing only the people you agree with to have a voice.

You're an idiot. Regardless of whether you agree with him or whether he is a racist, a charge you have worn so threadbare that it now has no meaning or power, he was exercising his freedom of speech.

You're a moron. You think "do you advocate breaking the law" is really clever don't you? Hide behind the skirts of the police and watch as they lock up people practicing journalism. You're the fascist. People like you have made the left wing a joke.

And you're mentally ill to be on this site constantly posting the same tired old rant. You really think that you're doing something.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean allowing only the people you agree with to have a voice.

From the original contempt of court hearing. While the left wing maybe sometimes correctly accused of shutting down debate Robinson broke the law.

He even pleaded guilty to it on Friday.

“This contempt hearing is not about free speech. This is not about freedom of the press. This is not about legitimate journalism; this is not about political correctness; this is not about whether one political viewpoint is right or another. It is about justice, and it is about ensuring that a trial can be carried out justly and fairly. It is about ensuring that a jury are not in any way inhibited from carrying out their important function. It is about being innocent until proven guilty. It is not about people prejudging a situation and going round to that court and publishing material, whether in print or online, referring to defendants as “Muslim paedophile rapists”. A legitimate journalist would not be able to do that and under the strict liability rule there would be no defence to publication in those terms. It is pejorative language which prejudges the case, and it is language and reporting – if reporting indeed is what it is – that could have had the effect of substantially derailing the trial. As I have already indicated, because of what I knew was going on I had to take avoiding action to make sure that the integrity of this trial was preserved, that justice was preserved and that the trial could continue to completion without people being intimidated into reaching conclusions about it, or into being affected by “irresponsible and inaccurate reporting”. If something of the nature of that which you put out on social media had been put into the mainstream press I would have been faced with applications from the defence advocates concerned, I have no doubt, to either say something specific to the jury, or worse, to abandon the trial and to start again. That is the kind of thing that actions such as these can and do have, and that is why you have been dealt with in the way in which you have and why I am dealing with this case with the seriousness which I am.”

The judge in 2017 then warned Mr Robinson that any repeat of the offence would be treated with the utmost severity

“[Y]ou should be under no illusions that if you commit any further offence of any kind, and that would include, I would have thought, a further contempt of court by similar actions, then that sentence of three months would be activated, and that would be on top of anything else that you were given by any other court.

In short, Mr Yaxley-Lennon, turn up at another court, refer to people as “Muslim paedophiles, Muslim rapists” and so and so forth while trials are ongoing and before there has been a finding by a jury that that is what they are, and you will find yourself inside. Do you understand?"

From the original contempt of court hearing. While the left wing maybe sometimes correctly accused of shutting down debate Robinson broke the law.

He even pleaded guilty to it on Friday.

“This contempt hearing is not about free speech. This is not about freedom of the press. This is not about legitimate journalism; this is not about political correctness; this is not about whether one political viewpoint is right or another. It is about justice, and it is about ensuring that a trial can be carried out justly and fairly. It is about ensuring that a jury are not in any way inhibited from carrying out their important function. It is about being innocent until proven guilty. It is not about people prejudging a situation and going round to that court and publishing material, whether in print or online, referring to defendants as “Muslim paedophile rapists”. A legitimate journalist would not be able to do that and under the strict liability rule there would be no defence to publication in those terms. It is pejorative language which prejudges the case, and it is language and reporting – if reporting indeed is what it is – that could have had the effect of substantially derailing the trial. As I have already indicated, because of what I knew was going on I had to take avoiding action to make sure that the integrity of this trial was preserved, that justice was preserved and that the trial could continue to completion without people being intimidated into reaching conclusions about it, or into being affected by “irresponsible and inaccurate reporting”. If something of the nature of that which you put out on social media had been put into the mainstream press I would have been faced with applications from the defence advocates concerned, I have no doubt, to either say something specific to the jury, or worse, to abandon the trial and to start again. That is the kind of thing that actions such as these can and do have, and that is why you have been dealt with in the way in which you have and why I am dealing with this case with the seriousness which I am.”

I think this laughable 'Truth' person genuinely likes being wrong for the sake of an argument, and expounding on subject he has absolutely no idea about. I was right; you, Bluebirds, are right, and 'Truth', rather lamentably, is so wrong, but tried so hard to make a point while being wrong, that all you can do is laugh at their ignominy.

I think this laughable 'Truth' person genuinely likes being wrong for the sake of an argument, and expounding on subject he has absolutely no idea about. I was right; you, Bluebirds, are right, and 'Truth', rather lamentably, is so wrong, but tried so hard to make a point while being wrong, that all you can do is laugh at their ignominy.

I'm not a fan of the shit Tommy/ Stephen peddles and maybe he does hone in on inconvenient truths from time to time.

However the amount of his supporters or people who are evidently completely f***ing unaware of how the law works is beyond my comprehension. He pleaded guilty to the offence ffs. On both occasions.

The above judge summing up was published on the secret barrister's blog. I would advise anyone to read the blog entry to get to the facts (and yes she does use forceful language to criticise Mr Lennon's supporters but I thought Tommy's detractors are the snowflakes?)

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/05/25/what-has-happened-to-poor-tommy-robinson/

Tags
castlefield bowl
Back
Top Bottom