shoe thrown at Bush

vicarinatutugal

can't reMember
5frhhw.gif

funniest thing ever?

info here if you want it

I was impressed by how Bush handled this incident from this Muslim who I speculate must be upset that Saddam Hussein was hanged from a noose, or something like that.

Bush dodged the shoes like Muhammad Ali, with absolutely no need for the Secret Service to help him, and then was both charming and witty:

Some Iraqi journalists stood up to apologise.
The White House said Bush ducked to avoid the first shoe, while the second narrowly missed the president.

Bush said: "Thanks for apologising on behalf of the Iraqi people. It doesn't bother me. If you want the facts, it was a size 10 shoe that he threw".

Playing down the incident, the president later added: "I don't know what the guy's cause is... I didn't feel the least bit threatened by it."
Link

It's nice to see that, thanks to Bush and the American military, Iraq is now so free that journalists feel they can do this sort of thing. They certainly couldn't before Bush intervened. Let's see an expose on what the Muslim journalist is all about. Somehow I doubt he's ever been on the side of anything good.

(BTW, we're still waiting for the massive protests from Muslims against the mass-murdering terrorism and slaughter of innocent civilians in Bombay (Mumbai), India. Will this Muslim journalist throw a shoe at that?)

Last edited:
(BTW, we're still waiting for the massive protests from Muslims against the mass-murdering terrorism and slaughter of innocent civilians in Bombay (Mumbai), India. Will this Muslim journalist throw a shoe at that?)

No,why should he? He's IRAQI and was angry at Dubya/the USA for invading his country under a false pretence , f***ing up his country and then having the gall to do a farewell visit before pissing off to a rather nice retirement plan.

I was impressed by how Bush handled this incident from this Muslim who I speculate must be upset that Saddam Hussein was hanged from a noose, or something like that.

Bush dodged the shoes like Muhammad Ali, with absolutely no need for the Secret Service to help him, and then was both charming and witty:

Link

It's nice to see that, thanks to Bush and the American military, Iraq is now so free that journalists feel they can do this sort of thing. They certainly couldn't before Bush intervened. Let's see an expose on what the Muslim journalist is all about. Somehow I doubt he's ever been on the side of anything good.

:confused::confused: so why hasn't he invaded Zimbabwe???

Ohhhh that's right. Silly me. There's no oil there.

No,why should he? He's IRAQI and was angry at Dubya/the USA for invading his country under a false pretence , f***ing up his country and then having the gall to do a farewell visit before pissing off to a rather nice retirement plan.

So you take the view that this Muslim journalist who threw the shoes at Bush is someone who wants love, peace, and harmony in the world?

The other Iraqi journalists apologized to Bush.

Just what does this Muslim journalist who threw the shoe at Bush really stand for?

Did he throw a shoe at Saddam Hussein for invading Kuwait and committing genocide on the Kurdish Iraqi population?

Bush handled the incident well. He dodged the shoe and responded with graceful and witty comments.

Link

Your dogmatic approach to pretty much everything, never ceases to amaze me.
Are all right-wingers this deluded, or is it just you?
Why do you even bother visiting this site? You hate Morrissey, you hate his fans and you pretty much disagree with everything he stands for.
Wouldn't it be more constructive for you to go post on a right wing website where you could meet likeminded people?
ohbutwait that would defeat the point, you are after all a professional troll.

Wouldn't it be more constructive for you to go post on a right wing website where you could meet likeminded people?

I hope he doesn't send a bill. I would feel ripped off.

Your dogmatic approach to pretty much everything, never ceases to amaze me.
Are all right-wingers this deluded, or is it just you?
Why do you even bother visiting this site? You hate Morrissey, you hate his fans and you pretty much disagree with everything he stands for.

There's that left-wing tolerance again!

And I bet you don't even see how funny you are talking about dogma with such hypocrisy.

So...I'm sorry, was I supposed to instantly cheer on the Muslim journalist who threw shoes at Bush, and not notice that Bush handled the incident with grace and wit?

The only person who has trolled anyone in this thread so far is you (trolling me).

I, for one, am not the least bit surprised that many in the Middle East hate Bush. Many in the Middle East also loved Saddam Hussein and want to see Israel wiped off the map.

Do tell me whether that journalist threw a shoe at Saddam for invading Kuwait, committing genocide on the Kurds, and funding homicide/suicide bombers blowing up Jewish civilians. And do tell me when it was that journalists acquired freedom in Iraq, if it was not only after Bush toppled Saddam. What was especially touching to me about Bush in this incident is how he didn't need to call on the Secret Service to spaz out. He just dodged the shoes from the nutcase and replied with wit and grace. Then the other Iraqis in the room apologized for that nutcase.

No, your left wing is definitely not for me.

I took note of law professor/blogger Ann Althouse when she responded to being pigeonholed as a right winger by simpletons recently:

I just want to clear up a misconception, because I'm starting to see it jump into the comments in other posts. I'm not upset by or trying to control people who call me right-leaning/right-winger/conservative. There's nothing for me to do, nothing for me to deny or accept. I'm just saying what I have to say at any given moment, which is sometimes to note what other people say about me and sometimes to express amusement at all the liberal things I can say and still be considered a right-winger. And let me say now that one thing I love about being a right-winger in the sense that I'm said to be a right-winger is this amazingly wide range of freedom of opinion it provides. There is no such liberation for the lefty.

Indeed.

Last edited:

No,i think an open debate like the one here with differing opinions is MUCH better than a whole bunch of people,be they left or right wing, agreeing with one another.

Theo,you need to get out more.
(oh,and you're still invited to join me in my trip to MUSLIM Zanzibar though you may have to duck a few shoes)

Last edited:
There's that left-wing tolerance again!

And I bet you don't even see how funny you are talking about dogma with such hypocrisy.

So...I'm sorry, was I supposed to instantly cheer on the Muslim journalist who threw shoes at Bush, and not notice that Bush handled the incident with grace and wit?

The only person who has trolled anyone in this thread so far is you (trolling me).

I, for one, am not the least bit surprised that many in the Middle East hate Bush. Many in the Middle East also loved Saddam Hussein and want to see Israel wiped off the map.

Do tell me whether that journalist threw a shoe at Saddam for invading Kuwait, committing genocide on the Kurds, and funding homicide/suicide bombers blowing up Jewish civilians.

The left wing is definitely not for me.

I took note of law professor/blogger Ann Althouse when she responded to being pigeonholed as a right winger by simpletons recently:

Indeed.

Write a book about it and stop bitching.
Who knows, you might actually get a job out of being an Agent Provocateur.
I hear FOX are hiring, apparently O'Reilly might be having an identity crisis since Obama's win. :D

Write a book about it and stop bitching.
Who knows, you might actually get a job out of being an Agent Provocateur.
I hear FOX are hiring, apparently O'Reilly might be having an identity crisis since Obama's win. :D

Let me get this straight. I simply post my opinion in a thread and you come storming in to bitch at me with all your intolerance and nuttiness and personal attacks, and now it is you who's telling me to stop bitching?

You are pathetic.

Let me get this straight. I simply post my opinion in a thread and you come storming in to bitch at me with all your intolerance and nuttiness and personal attacks, and now it is you who's telling me to stop bitching?

You are pathetic.

You can say what ever you like on here, I couldn't care less, it's not my site; but I struggle to find a single positive post coming from you.
Anyway, I would stay and argue the toss but I have a 3000 word essay to finish off and it's not gonna write itself.
PS: your Islamophobia is pathological, seek help.

You can say what ever you like on here, I couldn't care less, it's not my site; but I struggle to find a single positive post coming from you.
Anyway, I would stay and argue the toss but I have a 3000 word essay to finish off and it's not gonna write itself.
PS: your Islamophobia is pathological, seek help.

Still bitching, trolling, and spazzing because of your intolerance, eh? Take a breath.

I support some shoe wielders in the Middle East. And most of them are Muslims, too.

iraq_us_war_xhm105.jpg

"A shoe rests on top of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's head..."
(AP Photo/Hussein Malla, 2003/04/15)
"A shoe rests on top of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's head taken from a statue with a Star of David drawn on his forehead in Baghdad, Iraq, on Tuesday April 15, 2003."

So, you see, we both have taken our sides on which shoe-wielders of the Middle East we choose to cheer.

Last edited:
I think its disraceful what happened, how disrespectful!! Why do people behave like animals?

On the otherside of this story though, it was rather amusing to watch. Amusing in the sense that Bush handled the situation with such class. :cool:

The way he had a grin on his face as the first shoe hurled past his head, did you see the skillful way he dodged that shoe? pure class!

People can call Bush all they like, I like the guy. I dont always agree with him but he is funny! :D

Theo, if you think Bush invaded Iraq for moral reasons then you are naive as well as ignorant. You seem to suffer from selective thinking, something that alot of right-wingers are inflicted with.

I think its disgraceful what happened, how disrespectful!! Why do people behave like animals?

Not quite as "disgraceful" as invading a country,bombing it to bits then f***ing off home to a nice comfy rich retirement.

Not quite as "disgraceful" as invading a country,bombing it to bits then f***ing off home to a nice comfy rich retirement.

Yes, thats true......bit like flying planes into f***ing buildings killing lots of innocent people!! Do you remember 9/11? cos I do! :mad:

and yes two wrongs don't make a right, thats why I stated that I do not agree with everything Bush say's or does. I do believe he thought he was doing the best for his country, as President he made a decision to defend his people, by hunting down madmen that take pleasure in flying planes into buildings. We in the 21st century have never felt so threatened by religous fanatics, imposing their beliefs onto others and bombing anyone who doesnt go along with them.

Do you remember 9/11? cos I do! :mad:

and yes two wrongs don't make a right, thats why I stated that I do not agree with everything Bush say's or does. I do believe he thought he was doing the best for his country, as President he made a decision to defend his people, by hunting down madmen that take pleasure in flying planes into buildings.

Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11.

Very impressed with how he dodged that! :cool:

Tags
he sucks good reflexes
Back
Top Bottom