Shoplifters Of The World - Official trailer

ShopliftersYouTubeDescription.jpg

Update:
February 5, 2021.
The trailer now features on Morrissey Central:
"NOW TODAY TOMORROW AND ALWAYS"

You either need to drink more or less because what you're doing now isn't working.
Thanks for the advice and based on how often you post here I know you take this place a lot more seriously than I do. But any dissent I net from someone on Morrissey Solo talking shit to me because they don't like an opinion I offer is pretty unlikely to stay with me any longer than the time it takes me to log off.

Fiction isn't real life, actors can act & various rules might be a faff at times but they don't actually affect the audience. And they can always fight their case if there's a point that matters, but I doubt the need for a group of fictional Smiths fans to be entirely white is a point that matters. And it wouldn't be how life is actually lived since he - even with his reputation still in tatters - has fans who are not white.
Yeah I mean like I said I don't care enough to rail against Hollywoke tribalism mandates; I just tune out. Pop culture...music, cinema, television...is at a total artistic nadir in 2021.

Art is dead. Everything is rooted in diversity and politics and sensitivity. But that's fine. I am in my mid 40s; I lived through and fondly recall the last few decades where that wasn't the case, and I'm grateful for that and can always revisit it via my blu rays, books, tapes, CDs, DVDs, Criterion, etc etc etc.

I lament the fact that creativity and originality and courage in art is finished (or banished if it does manage to show up) but it's just the way things are now. The Woke have won and The Great Dumbing Down is now well under way.

Yeah I mean like I said I don't care enough to rail against Hollywoke tribalism mandates; I just tune out. Pop culture...music, cinema, television...is at a total artistic nadir in 2021.

Art is dead. Everything is rooted in diversity and politics and sensitivity. But that's fine. I am in my mid 40s; I lived through and fondly recall the last few decades where that wasn't the case, and I'm grateful for that and can always revisit it via my blu rays, books, tapes, CDs, DVDs, Criterion, etc etc etc.

I lament the fact that creativity and originality and courage in art is finished (or banished if it does manage to show up) but it's just the way things are now. The Woke have won and The Great Dumbing Down is now well under way.

From the 60s onwards barriers in entertainment were broken down.

A lot of artists are pushing back against the current blandness & fear of giving offense - but I don't know anyone who thinks that needs to mean all-white casts.

Entertainment has always been diverse even in the days when publicists thought the diversity had to be concealed.

Define ‘black’ ?

Ah, if only somebody would. I find it ironic that those who rail against racial discrimination are content to bandy this word incessantly with no regard to, or awareness, of what a stupidly reductive, simplistic and patronising label it is. Nor indeed, how absurd it is that the term 'negro' is regarded as offensive, whilst 'black' is not. Or that 'people of colour' is okay, whilst 'coloured people' isn't. Ah, the idiocy of the times we live. I'm with Skylarker on this, creative freedom across all media is being stifled by a new Puritanism which will eventually turn on the very minorities who are currently encouraging its existence.

I agree with you especially that everyone gets to decide what to call themselves

Why? Because what they decide to call themselves signifies what they are? In which case, does it follow that everyone gets to decide what they are? Or is it because everyone should be entitled to decide what to call themselves regardless of what they are? In which case, it follows that labels and names become purely arbitrary and meaningless.

Ah, if only somebody would. I find it ironic that those who rail against racial discrimination are content to bandy this word incessantly with no regard to, or awareness, of what a stupidly reductive, simplistic and patronising label it is. Nor indeed, how absurd it is that the term 'negro' is regarded as offensive, whilst 'black' is not. Or that 'people of colour' is okay, whilst 'coloured people' isn't. Ah, the idiocy of the times we live. I'm with Skylarker on this, creative freedom across all media is being stifled by a new Puritanism which will eventually turn on the very minorities who are currently encouraging its existence.

become a member, build up a history on this site, then we can talk.

become a member, build up a history on this site, then we can talk.

I've no interest in a) becoming a member b) building up a history and c) talking to you, in particular. My post was a comment on yours, it didn't seek a personal response from you. I don't feel any need to discuss my posts with you personally, if you're not inclined to. No loss to me.

I've no interest in a) becoming a member b) building up a history and c) talking to you, in particular. My post was a comment on yours, it didn't seek a personal response from you. I don't feel any need to discuss my posts with you personally, if you're not inclined to. No loss to me.

Become a member, then you could
put me on ‘ignore’.

Or you could simply not reply to my posts.

I love when people make grandiose and declarative statements like “art is dead” when what they really mean to say is that they’re old, their imaginations are shot and they have no stamina to seek out the wide array of incredible work that’s currently being produced in every medium imaginable.

Doesn't sound like you are from California, because a Mexican would never marry or have sex with a chino or black person, so your "multi racial" example isn't a very good one. Mexicans are racist people and stick with their own kind. Mexicans have been coming to California legally and illegally since the 1800's and they rarely marry outside of their own race.

Really? Someone better notify my friends' families that they don't exist!

Doesn't sound like you are from California, because a Mexican would never marry or have sex with a chino or black person, so your "multi racial" example isn't a very good one. Mexicans are racist people and stick with their own kind. Mexicans have been coming to California legally and illegally since the 1800's and they rarely marry outside of their own race.
You decided to drop your retarded shtick for this post?

Become a member, then you could
put me on ‘ignore’.

Or you could simply not reply to my posts.

I said that I didn't feel any need to discuss my posts with you, if you weren't inclined to. Likewise I don't feel any need to ignore your posts, or to become a member so I can press a little button that will make that decision for me, nor am I fussed one way or the other about replying or not replying to your posts - if I'm in the mood, I'll reply, if not, I won't. I don't single your posts out as being any more significant than any others, half the time I probably wouldn't even notice if it was you in particular I was replying.

You on the other hand have made this rather odd decision that implies you want to comment on a post but won't do so until the poster becomes a member. And yet you'll continue to respond to that poster anyway. Sounds a bit f***ed up to me.

As for Dick of the North, I guess he hasn't realised that you can't slap people on the internet. Or more likely, he has realised, which is why he confined himself to typing feeble threats with one hand while he jerks off with the other.

The world has passed you by, carlos

I said that I didn't feel any need to discuss my posts with you, if you weren't inclined to. Likewise I don't feel any need to ignore your posts, or to become a member so I can press a little button that will make that decision for me, nor am I fussed one way or the other about replying or not replying to your posts - if I'm in the mood, I'll reply, if not, I won't. I don't single your posts out as being any more significant than any others, half the time I probably wouldn't even notice if it was you in particular I was replying.

You on the other hand have made this rather odd decision that implies you want to comment on a post but won't do so until the poster becomes a member. And yet you'll continue to respond to that poster anyway. Sounds a bit f***ed up to me.

As for Dick of the North, I guess he hasn't realised that you can't slap people on the internet. Or more likely, he has realised, which is why he confined himself to typing feeble threats with one hand while he jerks off with the other.
More bitterness from the mouth of the south....
give it a rest won’t ya ....

I want to watch the film only because it is linked to The Smiths and the 80s. I know it will bring to my mind lovely memories from my 80s life as a fan of the band. However, not sure the film itself it will be that good. To start with, a fan carrying a gun and taking a radio station by force? Really? No something that a Smtihs fan would do from my perspective. The Smiths and guns don't seem to go together. A bit of an American cliché as well: gun, crazy fan, music manipulating your mind... They could have been more original and come out with a better story. I will watch it with an open mind and see if the film surprise me grately. We will see...
46137_234781a1dda5cd148b0d2097a766d5c0.jpg

I want to watch the film only because it is linked to The Smiths and the 80s. I know it will bring to my mind lovely memories from my 80s life as a fan of the band. However, not sure the film itself it will be that good. To start with, a fan carrying a gun and taking a radio station by force? Really? No something that a Smtihs fan would do from my perspective. The Smiths and guns don't seem to go together. A bit of an American cliché as well: gun, crazy fan, music manipulating your mind... They could have been more original and come out with a better story. I will watch it with an open mind and see if the film surprise me grately. We will see...
View attachment 69430
Kiss wasn't in a very good state of mind when he did what he did.
His view of his actions here:
Regards,
FWD.

(Retweeted by Morrissey Official Twitter).

Tags
shoplifters movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom