Should Morrissey attempt to tour again this year?

I heard he's going to announce retirement from performin soon. I think that is best.

If this is the case, then I would like to think he'd go out with a bang instead of a whimper. Meaning, at least do a few farewell shows in his strongest markets.

Furthermore, no matter what condition (mental, physical, laziness, drama) led to the most recent crash and burn, who is to say he won't be in a different place in 6/12/18/24 months? Announcing a full-on performance retirement seems premature.

Last edited:
I heard he's going to announce retirement from performin soon. I think that is best.

Well, I really hope not but you have to think he IS 55........Which is not young by any means.......Although, When he last came to Ft. Worth He DID ask me back stage......SO I do hope to see him again somewhere in the US......

If he's very ill he doesn't have a choice.

He's still got it, his band have had a big kick up the arse and the creativity seems to be back. I say keep writing and recording and stagger out maybe 15- 20 gigs over a year instead of a gruelling tour.

If he can be healthy, yes. Too many of the new songs are screaming to be played live. Or maybe release the second album in the contract and do a tour for both?

If he can be healthy, yes. Too many of the new songs are screaming to be played live. Or maybe release the second album in the contract and do a tour for both?

I agree. I really want to hear "Kiss Me A Lot" live so bad.

If we are luckily enough to hear him sing again anytime soon...... please indulge me in a totally off-the-cuff (yet somewhat realistic) setlist:

World Peace Is None of Your Business
Hand In Glove
Billy Budd
Certain People I Know
Staircase at the University
Kiss Me A Lot
When Last I Spoke To Carol
You Have Killed Me
Istanbul
The Bullfighter Dies
Life Is A Pigsty
How Soon is Now?
Trouble Loves Me
Mountjoy
Art Hounds
Yes I Am Blind
National Front Disco
--------
Oboe Concerto
First of the Gang to Die

(songs to sprinkle in every few shows: Speedway, Sunday, Panic, Drag the River, Irish Blood, Know It's Gonna Happen Someday, Paris, One Day Goodbye, Sister I'm a Poet, Ask, Youngest, etc.)

(left-curve songs, played only once or twice on the whole tour: Queen is Dead, Interesting Drug, One of Our Own, Boy Racer, Now Me Heart Is Full, Alsatian, Playboys)

Last edited:
He’s not retiring, c’mon.

The "one off shows" thing is a non starter.

The costs involved are prohibitive, the band have to rehearse, which involves transatlantic flights, rehearsal space hire, hotel costs, then for the gig itself you have crew hire, more travel costs, more hotel cost, equipment hire etc etc.

Over a tour that cost can be spread but it can't for one off gigs. That's why artists don't really do one off gigs.

I truly believe that he’s laying low on purpose. Once the album comes out and gets the praise it (rightly) deserves, I see a tour within the next 6 months...just at the point where people think it’s over.

It’s happened before with other artists too.

In 2010 there were no shows scheduled. In 2011 he played 50+ shows around the world and none were cancelled because of his health. Could it be a good idea to take another year off?

My dream in life is to see him Ireland so if he is well and able this would be my dream come true. I passed on Ireland in favor of his 50th in 2009.

Yes. An Autumn tour of the UK and Ireland.

Back
Top Bottom