smiths karaoke

smiffy

dont leave us in the dark
i have been nominated to sing a smiths song at my friends 40th birthday party,
what do you think i should sing? nothing to niche.
if your unlucky i shall post on utube.

i have been nominated to sing a smiths song at my friends 40th birthday party,
what do you think i should sing? nothing to niche.
if your unlucky i shall post on utube.

Unhappy Birthday?

I don't know, what song are you good at singing by them?
I think I do a pretty good
photo.jpg

"Ask"
but everybody is different, sorry dude...

Moz-friendly karaoke?

i take it that you sing Morrissey songs around the house? i do, mostly in the mornings, and i haven't had any complaints from the neighbours yet, so hopefully it's ok with them.

i went to a couple of karaoke bars a while ago to sing some of his songs in public. i don't know why i did this really, but supppose i thought it would be fun to try and sing some of his songs with a microphone and an audience.

both bars i went to didn't have any of his songs on their lists! crazy, they had 'barbie girl' but not Mozza. i was a bit disappointed to be honest - do you know of any karaoke bars where they have Moz on the playlist?

if you went to sing a Moz song in public, which one would you choose and why?

Re: Moz-friendly karaoke?

You can find Smiths and Moz-solo in many karaoke places in Tokyo -- particularly the bigger chains.
I do a mean Suedehead.

i take it that you sing Morrissey songs around the house? i do, mostly in the mornings, and i haven't had any complaints from the neighbours yet, so hopefully it's ok with them.

i went to a couple of karaoke bars a while ago to sing some of his songs in public. i don't know why i did this really, but supppose i thought it would be fun to try and sing some of his songs with a microphone and an audience.

both bars i went to didn't have any of his songs on their lists! crazy, they had 'barbie girl' but not Mozza. i was a bit disappointed to be honest - do you know of any karaoke bars where they have Moz on the playlist?

if you went to sing a Moz song in public, which one would you choose and why?

You can find Smiths and Moz-solo in many karaoke places in Tokyo -- particularly the bigger chains.
I do a mean Suedehead.

wow, is there a big following in Japan?

i didn't know Moz had a large following abroad, but it seems that some Americans quite like him too, i didn't expect that for some reason.

The bigger karaoke venues in London seem to always have the big Morrissey and Smiths hits. I even sang 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now' one time. :guitar: Unfortunately, amidst the millions of karaoke venues in Taiwan, where I'm currently living, I've never seen any Morrissey. :(

There was (maybe still is?) a Karaoke bar in Melbourne that has just the weirdest off the cusp selection of songs, as in they have all the regulars that you would expect but their choices for certain bands is strange, not only did they have Morrissey but the choices were Everyday is like Sunday (not surprising), then Ganglord and Michael's Bones, both of which surprised me. So I chose Michael's Bones one evening to completely derail the good vibe the place had going. I consider it a great troll as it took a few songs to lift the mood after that!

hey! which power-hungry mod merged my thread? if you re-read my post it is actually very different to smiffy's post. i checked the whole front page to make sure there wasn't another karaoke thread :(

it's tough enough trying to deal with Disco Donut being unkind in the off-topic room, but having a mod pick on me too isn't fair.

do mods usually not tell you why they made silly decisions on here? even when you point it out?

Back
Top Bottom