smiths reunion, would moz want to share the limelight?

its all about money, throw enough $ at moz and marr
and it will happen, end of story :cool:

haha I disagree! I don't think Moz is such a sellout.
And I have already seen enough of his arse... I don't want to see him sitting down to "eat his own testicles" next.

Re: smiths reunion,would moz want to share the limelight?

i hope there is never a smiths reunion.
liar. j/k! i am with you.

Listen, when Joe Perry rejoined Aerosmith in 1984 I was all for it. I had no idea it would lead to "Dude Looks Like A Lady".
hahaha

haha I disagree! I don't think Moz is such a sellout.
And I have already seen enough of his arse... I don't want to see him sitting down to "eat his own testicles" next.

oh its not about the $ really, its about it being enough to flatter Morrissey's ego :o thats all :straightface:
it will be limited tour of course, no more than 20 shows i think
33.gif

and only after he stops making his own new records :cool:

Last edited:
I was just reading this the other day and it was pretty interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Smiths

Some points that piqued my interest:

Both Johnny Marr and Morrissey have repeatedly said in interviews that they will not reunite the band.

To this day Morrissey refuses to reunite his old band, going as far as to say that he would "rather eat [his] own testicles than re-form The Smiths, and that’s saying something for a vegetarian."[24] In March 2006, Morrissey revealed that The Smiths had been offered $5 million to reunite for a performance at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, which he turned down, saying, "No, because money doesn't come into it." He further explained, "It was a fantastic journey. And then it ended. I didn't feel we should have ended. I wanted to continue. [Marr] wanted to end it. And that was that."[25] When asked why he would not reform with The Smiths, Morrissey responded "I feel as if I’ve worked very hard since the demise of The Smiths and the others haven’t, so why hand them attention that they haven’t earned? We are not friends, we don’t see each other. Why on earth would we be on a stage together?"[26]

In August 2007, the NME reported that Morrissey had turned down a near £40 million offer to reunite with Marr for a 50-date world tour in 2008 and 2009. The condition would only be that Morrissey would have to play the dates with Marr, meaning the deal could have gone ahead without Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke.[27] According to an anonymous press release on true-to-you.net, an unofficial fan site tacitly supported by Morrissey, Morrissey was approached in summer 2007 by a "consortium of promoters" with a $75 million offer to tour during the next two years. The offer required Morrissey to make a minimum of fifty worldwide performances with Johnny Marr, under the Smiths' name. true-to-you.net reported that the offer had been refused.[28] Other reports say that the whole $75 million tour was a hoax.[29]

Back
Top Bottom