Smiths track features on Smash Hits vinyl for National Album Day (October 10, 2020)

This will appeal to the oddity collectors:

As part of National Album Day 2020 (October 10, 2020), TIALTNGO features on one of the vinyl releases that day:

FB_IMG_1598078784745.jpg

VARIOUS ARTISTS - Smash Hits 80s: Limited Edition Red Vinyl:

Side A:
1 New Order – Blue Monday
2 A-ha – Take On Me
3 Duran Duran – Hungry Like The Wolf
4 The B-52’s – Love Shack
5 Bananarama - Venus
Side B:
1 Tina Turner – The Best
2 Simply Red – Holding Back The Years
3 The Cars – Drive
4 Pretenders – Don’t Get Me Wrong
5 Aztec Camera – Somewhere In My Heart
Side C:
1 The Smiths – There Is a Light That Never Goes Out
2 Joy Division – Love Will Tear Us Apart
3 Talking Heads – Road to Nowhere
4 The Stranglers – Golden Brown
5 Talk Talk – It’s My Life
Side D:
1 Chaka Khan – I Feel For You
2 Diana Ross – Chain Reaction
3 Fleetwood Mac – Everywhere
4 Spandau Ballet – True
5 Brother Beyond – The Harder I Try

Regards,
FWD.

Great to see a track from our Lord AztecCamera included in this comp. None of you Mozzzzzzzzzzzzidiots can claim that.

Interesting how they chose a non single for the album (yes i know it was released later in the 90's)

Not sure it was a "smash hit" in the 80s! The Smiths must be about the only band who didn't release their signature song as a single.

Great to see a track from our Lord AztecCamera included in this comp. None of you Mozzzzzzzzzzzzidiots can claim that.

If he's your Lord there's no point trying to wind people up because why would we care that vile jerks hate our beloved Moz? You revealed too much.

fd1067c610d15c4ed87dbfa13e4d80d9.gif

Not sure it was a "smash hit" in the 80s! The Smiths must be about the only band who didn't release their signature song as a single.

Certainly other bands had calling cards of non singles, but because they stuck around for the boom of alternative music and got popular that song didn't last. The Smiths died at a particularly bad time. They were just about to take off. Reminds me of Joy Division with Ian Curtis.

I would have to argue that "How Soon Is Now" is The Smiths calling card and that was released as a single.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom