Smiths tribute night axed over Morrissey's politics - Birmingham Live

Smiths tribute night axed as organisers tire of defending Morrissey's politics - Birmingham Live
Dwindling crowds at Panic on the Streets of Birmingham at Eden Bar

Quote: "A Birmingham (UK) tribute night dedicated to The Smiths has been axed - after organisers grew tired of defending Morrissey's controversial political views."

Seems a bit drastic as Smiths/Morrissey fans are disappointed the popular evening out was pulled:

"Many fans took to social media to express their sadness at the news.

On Facebook, Danny Grainger said: "Me and my dad came to the first one it was brilliant great memories. I also met an ex-girlfriend at one of these nights, hope you have some good photos."

John Keir commented: "Great disco and has been a brilliant after-show following the Brum gigs. A real shame. Thanks for some great nights."

2_JS55971765.jpg

UPDATE 4:50PM PT:

Posted by Famous when dead:

The actual post & reaction:

Last edited by a moderator:
Those Eastern Europeans came because New Labour explicitly allowed them in and began to open the floodgates. Even they regretted it in hindsight.

Blame. Blame. Blame. It's incredibly tiring to read. I'll have a lie down later.

You can be as emotive as you want with words like "floodgates" but nowhere in the UK was impacted upon in the manner in which you describe. I remember some of the awful, finger-pointing headlines - none based on fact. Did the number of Eastern Europeans rise in the UK? Yes. Why? Because they now had newly acquired access to the UK and wanted to explore the opportunities available to them. Why did the begin to leave? The first flashpoint was the economic crash that took place in the UK. Opportunities that were thought to be available quickly disappeared - opportunities that were available to UK citizens in all EU states. I think it fair to say that their regret was the financial crash that forced many to return home. A good number stayed on but following the refrendum result in 2016 some experienced hateful physical and verbal abuse - an abuse that showed no sign of reducing. They left. I don't blame them.

This is like saying "I didn't know England was in Britain". It does not mean that it is true, it just means you're stupid and uneducated. My point also being proved by the fact you think England and America should start with a lower case letter. You clearly changed it because auto-correct does it with a capital! You are a moron.
Wrong on all accounts as usual and you need to up your game a bit.

Err... The photocopier, roller skates, skateboards, the cooker, the x-ray scanner, the whistle, the mass spectrometer, the smoke detector, the car horn, jaguar, land rover, vacuum cleaner, windscreen wiper, the electric kettle, the engine for the spitfire, the mini, cardboard boxes, the pneumatic tyre, Cadburys chocolate, Tony Hancock, Barbara Cartland, Ozzy Ozbourne, heavy metal, Matthew Boulton (whose ideas and business created the start of the modern world), Daniel Sturridge, Cat Deeley, Nick Mason, Francis Galston, Simon Cowell, Jamelia....

Ignorant people should be forced to stay in school. If you don't like Birmingham, just say that. Showing yourself up as knowing nothing is just that...
What a shithole and now I hate it even more but Birmingham was never England.

You are a stupid, ignorent incorrect c***. Loads of people "dare" visit Birmingham. It's not the most violent place in Europe or in the UK (check the facts, dickhead). The majority of people are white (go back to school and re-do your GCSE maths, at least to find out what is a bigger number) and more importantly, just because someone has a different skin tone, what the f*** does that matter? Don't you know we're all the same species? Some white people are great, others are stupid c***s (like you). What skin tone you have is really not relevant. Finally, what a surprise you are a tribalistic football "fan", who can only understand anything through football. Psychologically, you are insecure and have an inferiority complex which is why you feel the need to identify with a bigger group and pick on minorities. You need to either, go back to school or just shut up. I used to live in Birmingham and to be honest I didn't particularly like it which is why I moved. The problem with Birmingham is the lack of investment from the London centric assholes that run our country. The people are great in Birmingham, friendly, honest and fun. You're just an idiot with the iq, judgement, and principles of a turd (a really ugly, sloppy, disease ridden stinking one).
Birmingham is blacker than black black black country. So dark there is no light in daytime.

The figures are correct. They do not represent madness but fact.

Come 2051 - should humans survive to that time - the UK will be approx. 83.4% white (whatever white means), based on trends and allowing for change. I can't in the first place see what the overall issue is or indeed why some feel it to be so urgent.

This caught my attention and I applaud it.

"We are suppressed and controlled in what is a non-existent democracy. This is a conniving elite that has, for centuries, pitted: man against woman, black against white, race against race, class against class, straight against gay, religion against religion, political view against political view etc. - all as diversionary tactics so that they can continue to amass their wealth and hold onto their power."

"Citizens of any country, no matter what class, if they are not the elite, then they are fodder. The elite is the problem. The difficulty is that they have one again successfully convinced malcontents that the way forward is to blame the elite (it's an opaque word from which to hide behind) but to actively attack every and anyone else - allowing them to continue as before. It's extremly clever and it works time and time and time again."

"In this forum we have the entryists with their torches aflame and pitchforks at the ready doing the elites bidding, if but only they knew."

Whatever white means? That quote sums you up.

Wrong on all accounts as usual and you need to up your game a bit.

So you think Birmingham does not exist? That's what this is a reply to...

You are either mad or thick as pig shit. The replyer needs to "up his game"? It's you who needs to up his game, take a look at Google maps you fool. Lmfao at your stupidity!!

What a shithole and now I hate it even more but Birmingham was never England.

What the f*** could make you think that Birmingham is not in England? Find if you don't like Birmingham, no - one does. Fine if you think Birmingham is shit hole, most people do, even those who live there. Why go and ruin an eloquent point with crazy bullshit?

So you think Birmingham does not exist? That's what this is a reply to...

You are either mad or thick as pig shit. The replyer needs to "up his game"? It's you who needs to up his game, take a look at Google maps you fool. Lmfao at your stupidity!!
Of course it exists and I have been there but I dunno the place is big but still not of importance and never talked about.

I don't believe in a lot of things like earth being at the speed of a bullet in space. The Truth believes that but not me. Nothing about earth and space is the way people believe.

A big fat NASA lie exposed every day.

What the f*** could make you think that Birmingham is not in England? Find if you don't like Birmingham, no - one does. Fine if you think Birmingham is shit hole, most people do, even those who live there. Why go and ruin an eloquent point with crazy bullshit?
Birmingham just feels and sounds like a place in USA and their Birmingham has more relevance than the english original.

That place is a shithole.

Of course it exists and I have been there but I dunno the place is big but still not of importance and never talked about.

I don't believe in a lot of things like earth being at the speed of a bullet in space. The Truth believes that but not me. Nothing about earth and space is the way people believe.

A big fat NASA lie exposed every day.

f***ing hell... I haven't laughed so hard for ages... Mad AND thick as pig shit. If only you'd listened in school

Confirmation Birmingham is a shithole:

"This has just made us feel a little paranoid. We've moved to Somerset, it's so, so, quiet it's full of families and elderly people, it's been lovely compared to Birmingham".

I MIGHT STAGE A DEMONSTRATION AT THE SHITHOLE DISCO.

WHO WANTS IN?

WE CAN MEET AT THE ZARA INSIDE THE SHITHOLE SHOPPING CENTER. GET HOPPED ON STARBUCKS FRAPUCCINOS THEN WE MARCH OVER AND DEMAND THAT THEY TURN ON THE LIGHTS AND PUMP UP THE VOLUME. OR WE THROW OUR PUNY BODIES ON LOCKDOWN UNTIL THE CONSTABLES COME TO TAKE US AWAY TO THE CLINK!

WHO IS WITH ME?

#FREESTEVE

Extremely sad for promoters and proves there is a majority of Morrissey fans who "do read the news and believe"

I feel sorry for your journey

Smiths tribute night axed as organisers tire of defending Morrissey's politics - Birmingham Live
Dwindling crowds at Panic on the Streets of Birmingham at Eden Bar

Quote: "A Birmingham (UK) tribute night dedicated to The Smiths has been axed - after organisers grew tired of defending Morrissey's controversial political views."

Seems a bit drastic as Smiths/Morrissey fans are disappointed the popular evening out was pulled:

"Many fans took to social media to express their sadness at the news.

On Facebook, Danny Grainger said: "Me and my dad came to the first one it was brilliant great memories. I also met an ex-girlfriend at one of these nights, hope you have some good photos."

John Keir commented: "Great disco and has been a brilliant after-show following the Brum gigs. A real shame. Thanks for some great nights."

2_JS55971765.jpg

UPDATE 4:50PM PT:

Posted by Famous when dead:

The actual post & reaction:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom