Smiths vinyl/mp3 remasters

Re: Smiths remaster/reissue LP's

Well hopefully, when higher than 320kbps versions are released, either on cd or otherwise, they won't screw up these remasters, because they are very well done, sounding good even at that bitrate.
They're worth tracking down until something better comes along.

Re: Smiths remaster/reissue LP's

I'm kind of just guessing here, but I would think the versions available from iTunes etc are the same old versions, and not the remasters, seeing as how the remastered LPs are more of a novelty/special interest type thing than a new general release. But what do I know. Either way, there are vinyl rips available here and there around the web.

I have found and downloaded the TQID rip, but none of the others... are they out there?

Yeah. At least MP3.

Ahaaahh so its a vinyl rip from one of the guys that bought the LP, and maybe in FLAC. Cool! Anyway the official ones that are only on mp3 format are still on the deeeemonooiiid site

Many thanks egosheep!:

I had downloaded the a while ago but hadn't really listened to them until yesterday when I was trying to figure out a few songs from The Queen Is Dead. A lot of things sound a lot more clearly! Really great!

I acquired the mp3 versions a while ago. The sound seems good, although I have yet to try them out on a stereo. (Only headphones thus far.) There is certainly more clarity because they went back to the original tapes. However, they seem just a tad bassy and compressed.

They need to reissue the albums on CD!

Last edited:
thx sheep these sound great! Well Strangeways does anyway. I'll get to the rest later. I'm not even sure if it's the remastering, probably is but Stop me sounds amazing especially the guitars :)

I never realized how awful the Sire "Strangeways" CD was until I heard the original Rough Trade pressing. I don't know what happened when the tapes came to America but that Sire CD is rubbish. Anything is an improvement over that!

I have a lossless 24bit vinyl rip of the remastered QID. I also have 24bit vinyl rips of several rough trade releases... Hatful, Debut, MIM, QID and SHWC. I have all of these on RT cd's as well, ripped to flac. I could put these up at some point, but the vinyl rips are all very large... 8-900 mb per disc.

Back
Top Bottom