So it's 1983, "Hand In Glove" has just come out, what is your opinion on The Smiths?

Re: So it's 1983, "Hand In Glove" has just come out, what is your opinion on The Smit

I remember whirling around a dance floor to "Hand In Glove" with a boyfriend back in the day. My affection for him didn't last. My affection for The Smiths did. Win/Win!

Re: So it's 1983, "Hand In Glove" has just come out, what is your opinion on The Smit

i was 15 in 83, and read early interviews before id heard the songs. i fell in love with morrissey before i heard his voice, it was his look, the hair and the fact he seemed to care that made him so special, nothing changed when i heard the smiths album, i loved it, i played it constantly, think i sent my parents mad!! i remember reading the lyrics, laying on my bed, feeling so unloved and 'different', and theres this beautiful voice coming from my record players speakers, singing how im feeling, telling me its ok to feel the way i do. it was the start of an ongoing love affair that will never end. xx

27 years later......if i heard hand in glove for the first time......it would start all over again! xx

For me, The Smiths were exactly the right band at the right time.

The first Smiths record I heard was 'What Difference Does it make', when it made the UK top 20 early in 1984. As I'd just finished a relationship at least part of the lyrics perfectly summed up my situation.

The I heard 'Reel Around the Fountain' on night-time Radio 1 (on the Annie Nightingale show I think) and bought the first album to get both these tracks.

And after listening to 'You've got everything now', 'Pretty Girls make Graves' and 'Still Ill' I was hooked. I knew this was a band like no other. I loved Johnny's guitar playing, but with Morrissey's lyrics I knew I'd found a singer who understood how I felt.

For me, The Smiths were exactly the right band at the right time.

The first Smiths record I heard was 'What Difference Does it make', when it made the UK top 20 early in 1984. As I'd just finished a relationship at least part of the lyrics perfectly summed up my situation.

The I heard 'Reel Around the Fountain' on night-time Radio 1 (on the Annie Nightingale show I think) and bought the first album to get both these tracks.

And after listening to 'You've got everything now', 'Pretty Girls make Graves' and 'Still Ill' I was hooked. I knew this was a band like no other. I loved Johnny's guitar playing, but with Morrissey's lyrics I knew I'd found a singer who understood how I felt.

Hey Battersea.... enjoy yesterday?:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Hey Battersea.... enjoy yesterday?:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Very much so!

And I hope you enjoy Wednesday night just as much!

Back
Top Bottom