So...What Now? What Will He Do Next?

Vegan

I'm getting the sinking feeling that he's going to abandon the "LIHS" era and mope for awhile. It's really too soon but the failure of "Jacky" and his thorough lashing by the press makes me concerned for his mindset. Now before you chirp out "he only has his self to blame" I will preempt that by saying he has a right to his opinions even if they stray from the liberal playbook (Don't misunderstand me. The right is definitely wrong) and the critical reviews of the album were mostly depressing and off topic. He is rightfully very proud of the art he created and anyone would be dismayed by the personal attacks that permeate through seemingly every allegedly "album review".

So what's the next move? I would advise him to give a couple interviews that include his clarifying or actually "correcting" the impressions of his controversial remarks followed by a new single and video ahead of the tour. That would be the smart move but well, you know......

I mean, LIHS wasn't the best commercial success of his career, but it still did fairly well for someone his age. From the video he put out, it seems that he's at peace with the fact that it didn't chart higher. I don't think he's going to mope about it. I'll bet that if BMG are still willing to work with him, he'll reissue WPINOYB like he wanted to.

I'm personally hoping that he'll crack on with that much-anticipated second novel.

I'm getting the sinking feeling that he's going to abandon the "LIHS" era and mope for awhile. It's really too soon but the failure of "Jacky" and his thorough lashing by the press makes me concerned for his mindset. Now before you chirp out "he only has his self to blame" I will preempt that by saying he has a right to his opinions even if they stray from the liberal playbook (Don't misunderstand me. The right is definitely wrong) and the critical reviews of the album were mostly depressing and off topic. He is rightfully very proud of the art he created and anyone would be dismayed by the personal attacks that permeate through seemingly every allegedly "album review".

So what's the next move? I would advise him to give a couple interviews that include his clarifying or actually "correcting" the impressions of his controversial remarks followed by a new single and video ahead of the tour. That would be the smart move but well, you know......

Concerts in 3 weeks
Decent album
Publicity (bad and good)

Stop being a drama queen...

I mean, LIHS wasn't the best commercial success of his career, but it still did fairly well for someone his age. From the video he put out, it seems that he's at peace with the fact that it didn't chart higher. I don't think he's going to mope about it. I'll bet that if BMG are still willing to work with him, he'll reissue WPINOYB like he wanted to.

I agree. A top ten album isn’t a bad thing and I think as long as he’s still got bmg to work with he’ll keep touring and writing new songs

I think he has already clarified his views. He probably ought to act like those interviews never happened. Maybe he can move on to Prince Harry marrying a bi-racial immigrant?

the jacky video certainly doesn't look like a man or his musicians who are feeling depressed.they will do the british tour which will be well attended,take a break and a new album next year.bmg haven't come out with any negativity towards Morrissey so I assume they are happy with the arrangement so far.

One more song that matches 'Spent the Day's airplay and the album will be revived.
Two candidates - All the Young People and Girl from Tel Aviv.
The former needs to be the live version or a remix with piano boosted.
The latter needs to be a minute-shorter radio edit.
Videos are irrelevant - airplay is everything.
The record company need to tap up their mates at Radio 2, and find out the likelihood of success.

Moz should drop some solo singles like he used to. Kind of like he was doin' before Bona Drag came out.
Hey, he's got his own label now and he sells well on vinyl. Plus, Pure T is always down for hearin' some new Moz music.

His career is not over!!! He is resourceful !

produce records by other artists under the label Etienne,

reissue WPINYB with a bonus (booklet, DVD...),

release a CD or a DVD of his best gigs during his solo career,

write a book of poems,

pursue the promotion LIHS, of course!!

release a new album, of course!!

... What do I know?

I reckon governor of California. I reckon mayor of LA would just be too easy for Steve. He needs a challenge. I reckon he could run as the democrat in 2020 for president. I really don't believe he was born in a foreign country. There are too many pics of Uncle Steve as a teenager at the Grand Canyon, Disneyland, Las Vegas, and Washington DC.

MOZ4PREZ.png

I think LIHS performed as one could reasonably expect it to. Spent The Day In Bed gave the campaign a good start, which was then shot down by Morrissey himself. All in all, an average result, but to expect a considerably bigger success would be deluded.

I hope he spends this year touring and releases the rest of the LIHS sessions as either an EP or two singles (with two new b-sides each). Then perhaps a deluxe edition of LIHS for Christmas 2018 with those new songs added to it. Giving more interviews is not a good idea, because they do not end well. And then back into the studio in the first half of 2019.

I reckon governor of California. I reckon mayor of LA would just be too easy for Steve. He needs a challenge. I reckon he could run as the democrat in 2020 for president. I really don't believe he was born in a foreign country. There are too many pics of Uncle Steve as a teenager at the Grand Canyon, Disneyland, Las Vegas, and Washington DC.

View attachment 43567
We already have a (p)Resident with an odd hairstyle and fragile ego who can't avoid pissing people off every time he opens his mouth.
But it would be interesting to see Presidential addresses done entirely by email, I suppose.

View attachment 43567
Do you think he'd be a Democrat?

Absolutely!
I really liked the much derided novel.
You?

I thought it was an unholy mess. Being a Morrissey fan, I read it to the end looking for crumbs of talent, of which there were disappointingly few. It really is a contender if not for the worst novel ever written but definitely for the worst one ever published by Penguin. The novel took such a critical pounding that I'm sure he doesn't write a second one. And Penguin would not publish it without some heavy editing.

I thought it was an unholy mess. Being a Morrissey fan, I read it to the end looking for crumbs of talent, of which there were disappointingly few. It really is a contender if not for the worst novel ever written but definitely for the worst one ever published by Penguin. The novel took such a critical pounding that I'm sure he doesn't write a second one. And Penguin would not publish it without some heavy editing.
Hi Eldrich
Being a fan of his records I guess I approached it with the familiarity of a fan.
His writing to me reads like a natural extension of his lyric writing.
What did you think of Autobiography?

Back
Top Bottom