So who here digs shoegaze?

Yeah love Shoegaze.

My Bloody Valentine,Ride,Lush,Swevedriver,Scarlet.

The old MTV 120 minutes in the early & Mid 90’s was heaven for us Shoegazing people.

It was my upbringing in music here in Sweden and is widely known by those that know me here. 120 Minutes with Paul King was like a box of chocolates every time.

A neighbour who worked for a local paper and came home late at night asked my mother if she always stayed up late watching tv. She was like "nah it's my son watching some indie show".

I taught her to say independent. She had a lie down at times with me next room listening to Moz and all kinds of things and she always liked it making comments about the different tunes.

Prefer shoegaze to the awful scottish twee that came later or dream pop. My fave band Kitchens of Distinction qualify into a number of genres including shoegaze and dream pop but they were so much more than that.

Back when people still jumped along and were not afraid to get sweaty or hurt.

Never got to see Slowdive live and missed out on them in Stockholm and was at the same venue about a week or two later for some other band.

One of my daughters school friends fathers played keyboard on some of Ride's albums which is how I happen to spend an afternoon a couple years back having a drink with Mark Gardener. To be honest, I thought he was a bit of a knob. He definitely isn't a fan of Suede.

One of my daughters school friends fathers played keyboard on some of Ride's albums which is how I happen to spend an afternoon a couple years back having a drink with Mark Gardener. To be honest, I thought he was a bit of a knob. He definitely isn't a fan of Suede.
Is anyone?

You brits don't think much of each other on a whole and always say that other brits are knobs. I believe your school system does something with your brains that can never be repaired. That sudden aggression seen only in brits that pop up for no reason can only be traced back to school bullying which is in fact condoned by teachers as a way to separate the strong from the weak.

I also believe that the british school system is designed to create gay men.

Back
Top Bottom